G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

1 Members & 22 Non Members

Esperance Friday 19-2-16

West Australian Racing
Nasty fall for Simone Altieri. I hope she's ok. I'll guess her riding replacements will be F Bell in race 8, Cockram in the 7th, C Staples in the 6th, L staples in the 5th, McGruddy in the 4th and L Staples or E Cockram in the 3rd.

Comments

• trustygustytrustygusty    103 posts
    Rodent said:

Nasty fall for Simone Altieri. I hope she's ok. I'll guess her riding replacements will be F Bell in race 8, Cockram in the 7th, C Staples in the 6th, L staples in the 5th, McGruddy in the 4th and L Staples or E Cockram in the 3rd.

Cleared to ride race 4

thefalcon likes this post.

• RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    Great news so she is as tough as teak or else she thinks Hennessy Raider is a moral!
  • jumjum    3,512 posts

WOW. Imagine if that was still the old railing instead of the plastic stuff today.

She needs to buy a lotto ticket after that. sitting second on the fence comes down and not run over by another horse is amazing stuff.

:-O   then comes out and rides a winner 2 races later =D>  =D>   Well done Simone Altieri

Ridersonthestorm33, thefalcon likes this post.

.....and some of the blokes pull the pin when they have a headache! pfft!

jum likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    Rodent said:

Great news so she is as tough as teak or else she thinks Hennessy Raider is a moral!

She's also a little Hottie too
    :x
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    This Cat Rocks at $18 is an absolute fill up this arvo

H-BOMBER dislikes this post.

• OliversTwistOliversTwist    1,240 posts
    5) Nazotic
    6) Scandalous Lady
    7) This Cat Rocks - I'll follow H
    8) Tee Pee Cat
  • Ignite the sky (best)
    Tee Pee Cat (big overs)
  • OliversTwistOliversTwist    1,240 posts
    edited February 2016
    Note - Tee Pee Cat is now Glenn Smith. Tayla Stone out of action for remainder...or maybe Chelsi Forder..or both?
    This Cat Sucks
  • What am I missing here ? Last race was abandoned ?
  • TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    Finally back a winner and get the novs and race is abandoned. I've definitely stepped on something!
    Ha why was it abandoned? Money back hehe
  • pikerpiker    404 posts
    Wish they had abandoned all of them! Never again for me.
    Well today was the luckiest I've ever been in 40 years of punting. I left Fresco Friar out of my quaddy but got the other 3 legs. I didn't even know the 7th had been abandoned until after the last. Talk about a nice bonus. That makes up for the hard luck stories over the years!

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• CochieCochie    42 posts
    Barriers were still on the track I believe
    Yes, looking at the replay, the gates hadn't cleared the track. FF still would have won so I was extremely lucky.
    Can't believe there's nothing on RWWA's twitter about it.
  • CochieCochie    42 posts
    Yeh it didn't look like any of the jocks stopped riding.
  • TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    I'll have to put that down in my book as another way to get shafted. Well done Rodent. I'm envious

thefalcon, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

I thought watching the replay yhr barriers were in a weird position. Nice
  • BobbyDavisBobbyDavis    916 posts
    Cochie said:

Agreed. Just watched the replay and it really didn't look like it had an impact on the race at all.

H-BOMBER likes this post.

Cochie said:

Agreed. Just watched the replay and it really didn't look like it had an impact on the race at all.
    I agree BUT the field was very compressed in the straight and the jockey on the runner up could easily say that he intended to pull wide much earlier but saw the gates still on the track. Likewise a jockey waiting to get a split when the field fans on the corner. "Had I known the field would stay compressed due to the gates still being on the track, I would have ridden a different race". It sucks balls but what else could you do?
     The whole thing was very poorly communicated. RWWA's twitter seems to have knocked off early as the last tweet was a reminder that the race 6 replay was available. 
     I just watched the replay of the 7th on SKY Racing and the result shows official dividends for race 7. Some poor punter out there is in for a rude shock when they go to collect. The emus would think all their Christmas's had come at once!

Muldoon likes this post.

• MuldoonMuldoon    317 posts
    Agree rodent there was a squeeze up just after straightening and on the replay it looked as a one Runner was really inconvenienced lucky not to come down and it looked from the side on that a couple of runners duct in a little with the barriers on the track
  • careycarey    6,368 posts
    has anybody got a list of the finishing order in the abandoned race that they are willing to give me?
    cris should have still put the result up, if abandoned or not, as it still has meaning from a future point of view.
    Rather than give you a fish, I have decided to teach you to fish. 
     p.s that was an attempt at humour. It wasn't meant to be condescending.
    Good to relive the good times.