G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 33 Non Members

I don't want Nick Kyrgios representing my country, Australia

Sport
licklick    305 posts
This spoilt **** is a blight on our country. So glad he has been suspended, should have got life in my opinion.

He does not reflect the Australian way (especially in sport, manners and behaviour).

Why do we tolerate this bloke, the media always saying he is only young, give him a break bla bla.

Dickhead and a disgrace to tennis and his chosen country.

Comments

• licklick    305 posts
    the ***** was a word rhyming with "banker", oh and he is also a "tanker".

RIO, jum likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Sadly, he does represent the face of SOME sports people in this country. He is awful, has obvious issues and long overdue that he got timed out. But he is no orphan....in cricket, a game only vaguely played the way it once was, AFL, NRL etc etc......If the ATP had acted so promptly in the past, we would not have had to put up with McEnroe and all the apologists who said "But he is a really great talent" and forgot to mention that he was an insult to fair decent opponents, paying customers and bullied lines people. And if Bernard wants to join him in some much needed humility therapy for 8 tournament weeks, all the better......maybe they will realise what a privileged life they lead for someone who has very good hand eye coordination and gets paid indecent amounts of money.

TheDiva likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited October 2016
    Can honestly say never heard of him haha...haven't followed tennis since Bjorn Borg retired. There was a guy who was cool under pressure. No mannerisms, no frills. Don't make em like him anymore.
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    If he fulfills the conditions of the suspension, he can return in time for the Hopman Cup.

It's not an official representation of his country, but it will be referred to many times as such.

That is unfortunate.
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited October 2016
    @lick He was born in Australia. He didn't choose anything other than which sport to play.

paraletic likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts

@lick He was born in Australia. He didn't choose anything other than which sport to play.

@therealkramer he also chooses to be a Farkstick
    jum said:

@therealkramer he also chooses to be a Farkstick

Agree. No excuse for tanking like that especially when tennis is facing questions of match fixing.
  • FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
    Horse of the same name, beaten 30 lengths at 1st start.

oldhendo, RIO, psycho, rustyh likes this post.

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Why do people even bother naming, let alone racing, a horse like that...?

As for Nick - great entertainment.
    Gets his act together will go close to #1.
  • VoodooVoodoo    1,234 posts
    Agree Tivers...but the "powers to be" need to be serious with their sanctions....maybe 6 months off from the game as well as continuous anger management therapy may have been a more adequate deterrent.

cheers
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    Lots of talk regarding mental health issues in an attempt to make his behavior legitimate in some way.

thefalcon, psycho likes this post.

He's just a kid with a hard on.
    Let him be. (other than a plee for him not to waste his incredible talent).
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    edited October 2016

I would love to see him turn it all around. Fully concentrating and no messing about, he could make many players in the top 10 look stupid. Sadly we haven't seen it. But im hoping we do. But there is some serious issues going on in his head, I get the feeling he was maybe pressured into playing by parents/coaches etc? Who knows, but maybe he just doesn't want it.

all in all I don't mind the guy, nothing in the book saying you need to be like Federer and cry every time you win a game. I don't agree with the tanking or the poor sportsmanship but he can talk back to whatever journo he wants to, I actually rate it for a laugh.

i think more so he's been pampered by parents / siblings etc.
    All telling him how good he is, rather than to pull his finger out.
    Certainly his brother has stirred it up worse at times than he has himself.

as for potential - if he's got to 14 without even practicing........... Must surely be able to get to #1 with proper coaching / training.
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Flip has offered to coach this guy... :P interesting appointment that would be OMFG..

Hope this bloke starts to behave/show more respect and not waste his immense talent,could go very deep in the Aust. Open next month if he can focus for two weeks (and prepares well in the lead up).
  • Paulo8Paulo8    253 posts
    I be happy to see him fail. He's an upstart with no humility, courtesy or grace. Everything I hate in a person. 

As is Tomic. 

Australian tennis is in poor shape right now. 

oldhendo, cisco, Thunderstruck, thefalcon likes this post.

could go very deep in the Aust. Open next month if he can focus for two weeks (and prepares well in the lead up).
    My tip is he will win his first two or three matches easily and the media will start to come around. Then he will face a tough opponent in the 4th round or quarter finals and smash a few racquets, yell at an umpire/spectator and it will be back to hating him all over again

jum, hash, paraletic, thefalcon likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Yep im also not a fan of either of them @Paulo.
    And your most likely right Kramer, he may never have the right attitude or ticker to play at his peak for two weeks/7 matches...what a waste if thats how it pans out...
    Just to clarify.. u do or dont agree the hate is justified??

could go very deep in the Aust. Open next month if he can focus for two weeks (and prepares well in the lead up).
    My tip is he will win his first two or three matches easily and the media will start to come around. Then he will face a tough opponent in the 4th round or quarter finals and smash a few racquets, yell at an umpire/spectator and it will be back to hating him all over again

dead right mate. This will pay $1.05

Yep im also not a fan of either of them @Paulo.
    And your most likely right Kramer, he may never have the right attitude or ticker to play at his peak for two weeks/7 matches...what a waste if thats how it pans out...
    Just to clarify.. u do or dont agree the hate is justified??

As long as we are talking about what he does or doesn't do on the court(talking abt his opponent's partner, abusing umpires/spectators, tanking) then I agree the hate is justified. I was never a fan of some of the stuff Hewitt pulled and just because he was winning doesn't make it ok. Some of the hate for Kyrgios(think Dawn Fraser) is race related, you can't deny that and I don't condone it.
  • jumjum    3,512 posts

REALLY :-O

Your gonna pull the race card out Kramer.

If your a Flog your a Flog.

And this kid is an "A" grade FLOG

hash, thefalcon likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts

race related!! :)) what's the excuse or racist angle for that other brat in Tomic then?

@jum We both know what Dawn Fraser said was racist. That's not playing any card it's calling it as i see it. Is Kyrgios a flog? A lot of the time he is but so was Hewitt. There were far more defending him though that there are Kyrgios. Now why do you suppose that is?

paraletic likes this post.

edited December 2016
    Dawn's a carpet munching slag, a demented old bat who has zero relevance outside of her retirement home. Pretty much alienated every first and second generation Australian however you say stupid things when you are losing marbles.

jum, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    edited December 2016

@jum We both know what Dawn Fraser said was racist. That's not playing any card it's calling it as i see it. Is Kyrgios a flog? A lot of the time he is but so was Hewitt. There were far more defending him though that there are Kyrgios. Now why do you suppose that is?

Hewitt and Kyrios are Poles apart when comparing Levels of Flogness.

And I "SUPPOSE" far more people defended Hewitt because on the court he gave his All, he had a never say die attitude. Hewitt earned the right IMO to carry on like a bit of a Dickhead.

Kyrios, is a front runner that gives up as soon as it gets a little bit tough, Blames everyone else bar himself. Thinks he is gods gift who doesn't need a coach or have to work hard to become a great tennis player.

I don't think Race has anything to do with it IMO. I 100% agree in yours and Para's assessment of Dawn Fraser. Once she made those stupid comments she lost the last bit of respect anybody had for her. 

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    tanking = group 1 flog... 

jum likes this post.

edited December 2016
    @jum I think there's more to it than that. He saved eight or nine match points in that epic win over Gasquet at Wimbledon. He can hang tough when he wants to. Faced with the same scenario Hewitt's serve would have wilted under the pressure as it had in the past. Hewitt's MO was to taunt his opponents' by cheering unforced errors and capitalise on their nerves. In a body contact sport he would have worn more than a few on the chin. I my estimation,Chela was **** legend for spitting at him.
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    edited December 2016

Im going to leave this discussion now @therealkramer as your saying Hewitts SERVE wilted under pressure. It may have. But his effort and desire was there for all to see.

But you are calling a man a "legend" for spitting at another man, Because of a couple of taunts on a tennis court.  He should have knocked him out before spitting on him.

[-X   :-q   :-t

I thought you were better than that.

TheDiva likes this post.

He's a legend for calling out Hewitt for what I bet half the players on the ATP didn't have the balls to do. Whether he spat on him, clobbered him with his racquet or knocked him out, Hewitt provoked him and won't get my sympathy.