G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 24 Non Members

NRL 2017

Sport
therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
edited January 2017 Sport
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/tigers/how-canberra-raiders-can-rise-to-nrl-premiership-glory-in-2017/news-story/afec401b552a6f42c98e2d428a616141

I actually think the Raiders and Panthers will play in the Grand Final-the author of the article above has them finishing 1st and 3rd. It might be a chance to get some of your cash back @Ridersonthestorm33... Daly M Winger Of The Year Josh Mansour is out for an extended stretch with that ACL injury though
+1 -1

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Comments

• BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,372 posts
    Early money for the Roosters
  • PAULPAUL    2,665 posts
    edited March 2017
    Season officially kicks off tonight at 5pm (WST) with Cronulla v Brisbane on FTA (GEM).

OTHER GAMES
    FRIDAY
    Bulldogs v Melbourne
    South Sydney v Wests Tigers (GEM 5pm WST)
    SATURDAY
    St George v Penrith
    Cowboys v Canberra
    Gold Coast v Roosters
    SUNDAY
    Warriors v Newcastle
    Manly v Parramatta (GEM 1pm WST)
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    souths are value tonight, Robbie Farrah will be keen to make a statement
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    Agree TRK think Penrith will at least make Grand Final , however give St. George a chance of an upset tomorrow especially if it's a heavy track! I'm going to have a little nibble on St George at the line if it's raining over there in the morning.
    Raiders still a low unit
  • PAULPAUL    2,665 posts
    edited March 2017
    LADDER AFTER 2 ROUNDS
    2-0 Eels, Storm, Roosters, Cowboys;
    1-1 Sharks, Dragons, Broncos, Knights, Rabbitohs, Panthers, Warriors, Tigers;
    0-2 Bulldogs, Titans, Sea Eagles, Raiders.

Any surprises so far?
    Eels have been huge improvers!

Roosters have a dream draw in 24 matches they only play the top 6 teams 8 times, they don't travel outside sydney from rounds 14-23, rd 15 bye, then 3 home games then bye then 2 more home games then finish the season with wests (home) sharks (away) titans (home)
    No real surprises the Warriors are still consistent at being inconsistent! Getting to know Penrith better...got on St George in the first game...and backed Penrith to bounce back in round two. They have that knack of being able to rebound. When Penrith are on song there great to watch but there beatable!
    edited March 2017
    Only started following the game last year...it's about 1000 times better than I thought. It's what the AFL use to be - an even competition.
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Eels went gangbusters at the start last year too Hash but mite be in the mix, hope its 30 more years before they win another comp tho.. :P

Dogs need a new coach idk wtf is wrong with them otherwise they have a decent playing roster ffs..

Bit early yet to work out who's hot but it sounds like Hash has researched Rooters for a win the comp bet lol idk about them myself...

Cowboys have just copped two big injury setbacks in the forwards but never underestimate a team led by JT the legend who lifts them all the time.

@Riders Nrl is a great game imo !!

i'm a bigger fan and follow the AFL alot more closely but from a punting and viewing perspective NRL is much more entertaining to watch and get involved in 
    Go ok Raiders :>
    Wests defence was that of an under 12's side

They're in for more pain next week against the Storm lol
    The way the forms going probably get up
    hash said:

Wests defence was that of an under 12's side

They're in for more pain next week against the Storm lol

Coach Taylor sacked..was a sh*t player and is a sh*t coach too it seems..
    $1.90 at the moment so yeh I would agree a "rejuvenated" dragons side(themselves no world beaters in recent times though?) you would think beat the absent Warriors at Kogarah.

I might multi them up with the Storm @ $1.48 who should beat the West Tigers rabble and hope the Dog's get out to $1.90/$2 and throw them in to beat Manly..they play well at "Brooky"

A decent $5.06 divvy (or $5.34 if the dogs get to 1.90).
    West Tigers :>
    Maybe not
  • The_Real_PetermanThe_Real_Peterman    192 posts
    The Raiders($1.35) are stupid odds this week against Parramatta($3.20) but that would obviously change should Josh Hodgson be ruled out. Even with him playing, Elliott Whitehead is still a big loss. I hope they win but they have a habit of getting rolled at home when short priced favs.
  • spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    MR Peterman would you by any chance have a passing interest in the exploits of a certain jockey who just the other week passed the 100 winner mark in Honk Kong

The_Real_Peterman likes this post.

edited March 2017
    spinking said:

MR Peterman would you by any chance have a passing interest in the exploits of a certain jockey who just the other week passed the 100 winner mark in Honk Kong

• FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
    Welcome back @therealkramer

jum likes this post.

edited March 2017
    Fastmoney said:

Welcome back @therealkramer

I have bought the rights to @therealkramer's forum contributions don't cha know?

edited April 2017
    Last season when Cronulla Penrith clashed it was during State Of Origin week and Cronulla had 6 players out...Penrith just the two. Penrith were heavily backed at the line and started a warm favourite and the Sharks spanked them....no surprise to see the Sharks come to the table again and give them another hiding.
    @Ridersonthestorm33 Penrith have got the cattle to turn things around but they had better start soon if they want to play finals footy. Raiders are humming along nicely :D

edited April 2017
    Big day in NRL player signings for the 2018 season with the Dogs getting the services of prop Aaron Woods and half Kieran Foran whilst the Roosters perform another salary cap miracle(how do they do it?) and snare fullback James Tedesco. Both sides will be instant contenders next year which underlines the importance of teams like Canberra cashing in on their premiership window this year.

As a long term Dogs supporter i hope Foran is of a sound mental state now, if so he can get back to his best under Hasler...Hopoate has always been not as brilliant as i thought he would be so im dissappointed we didnt get Tedesco and offload him to make some room cap wise :(
    Woods however is a beast :D
    edited April 2017
    @Thunderstruck Hoppa's contract reflects the fact that God doesn't like him playing Sundays so I doubt he's taking up much room. He was a game winner before he left for his mission now he's just an average first grader. The Raiders' Jordan Rapana is a Mormon who also took a 2 year break and he is the game's best winger now. I guess God does play favourites :-?

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Yep TRP from a Gun to just an ok(not bad)player.
    Does ur bloke dodge the Sunday games too?
    Thats BS imo but im highly anti... lol

Yep TRP from a Gun to just an ok(not bad)player.
    Does ur bloke dodge the Sunday games too?
    Thats BS imo but im highly anti... lol

Nope. It's never been an issue. Of course Rapana didn't have the profile of Hoppa before he left. A handful of games for the Titans and then he flirted with Rugby upon his return. The story goes he basically begged for a start with the Raiders so I suppose he's just glad for a chance and he's taken the opportunity.

Thunderstruck likes this post.