G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 7 Non Members

Hoss Cartwright

East Coast Racing
Surprised nothing mentioned here on this yesterday in SA , the forum just idling ATM.

Will be getting a very long holiday I am thinking.

Comments

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    what was wrong? :-??

spinking likes this post.

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    thefalcon said:

He deliberately steered his horse into the path of another and went out of his way to do it, too. If you look at the vision closely he's looking behind himself and then to the right befiore he acts. Its been revealed that it's his girlfriend who was on the eventual winner, also :)] :-\"
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    Betting movements on the winner??
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    A bonanza for Hoss and his girl then.
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts

A bonanza for Hoss and his girl then.

Love your work Slip.   ;))

SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    A Bonanza achieved on Green Lorne!!

SLIPPERGOLDEN, spinking likes this post.

• dungydungy    9,278 posts
    thefalcon said:

cleaned up the next favs so his Mrs could win , bloody dangerous and should get life !!!!!
  • ManchildManchild    679 posts
    Could be in a little strife
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Penalty analogy.
    Actions letting the other horse win.ummm aka Doug Whyte. "One month "
    Action to potentially harm other horses and riders "One year"
    On top of the obvious charge he has to be charged for not allowing his horse to run on it's merits.

He must have thought he was Thor coming to the aid of his Norwegian girlfriend. That probably ends his career. To make it all worth it he'd want to hope the relationship with his fristerinne lasts a lot longer:x
  • loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts

On top of the obvious charge he has to be charged for not allowing his horse to run on it's merits.

He must have thought he was Thor coming to the aid of his Norwegian girlfriend. That probably ends his career. To make it all worth it he'd want to hope the relationship with his fristerinne lasts a lot longer:x
    Very lucky the other rider did not hit the deck & ended up very Thor.

His riding performance could be described as reckless as Hagar The Horrible

SLIPPERGOLDEN, Thunderstruck likes this post.

Just watched the replay again and what makes it even worse for him is the way he looks over his right shoulder and sees the two runners about to make their run down the outside and says to himself, not today fellas I'm making a bee line for you two to stop you from catching this leader!
    Basically lines them up and goes for them like riding a bumper car

SLIPPERGOLDEN, paraletic, Tucool likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    Michael Hickmont should be fined for trying to defend him . After stubby holder removed the excretment in his silks after the race should have punched the crap out of him then followed by the trainer. not only of Cartwrights mount but the other two he smashed into . the stewards should give him life, then if there is anything left his mrs should give him the best r..t he has ever had
    Think Kramer has taken you seriously Falcon
  • TucoolTucool    156 posts
    I don't say to much normally,but that is straight out the most dangerous thing I've ever seen!!! even after the hit he was still trying to lean on them.
    spinking said:

Think Kramer has taken you seriously Falcon

He's not usually one for sarcasm or humour though so why wouldn't I?
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts

must apologise, on first view I was just looking at the inside horses and did not notice what was going on out wide...hence my comment.

on second look..what a disgraceful exhibition, life and a life ban from racecourses worldwide.

JayJay likes this post.

My apologies Kramer thought a bird of prey would have a lot better eyesight

thefalcon, therealkramer likes this post.

edited January 2017
    There might be something in the water in SA. Have a look at the race prior to the Josh Cartright incident-The fav, Battle Brewing($3.4-$2.6), leads with eventual winner, Finke its outside. Mail It In($3.8-$4.6) the stablemate of the fav drops out to last, finds trouble in the straight and ends up a certainty beaten. You can't tell me Erin Boyd couldn't have pushed Prince Harada out of the way if she's really wanted to. That horse just plodded to the line. FWIW i was on the fav, but the 2nd horse should have won that race. They would have been better off putting the apprentice on the leader and the senior jock on the backmarker-despite the weight impost. 

• troopertrooper    681 posts
    how about the whole bend and leading into the straight it appears hes trying to also ensure the runner up call me curtis endures a checkered passage. then realises he cant do anymore to that horse and then veers to the outside. hope they have some record on tapes re his involvement with the winner to ensure he gets some serious time.
    edited January 2017
    I can't believe the media are running with the old 'brain fade' line. That term is rather affectionate for what was a malicious act.

Tucool, thefalcon likes this post.

Apparently he rode the winning horse in question last start (couldn't be too hard to find out) but he's jumped off it to let his Mrs ride it to victory while he takes another ride which ultimately is used to take out the competition
  • TorpedoPuntTorpedoPunt    1,891 posts
    hash said:

Apparently he rode the winning horse in question last start (couldn't be too hard to find out) but he's jumped off it to let his Mrs ride it to victory while he takes another ride which ultimately is used to take out the competition

I was on the 4th horse. Nearly dropped my beer when I saw what happened, certainly cost it the race. Apparently in 2015 he tried to steal a whip off another rider during a race - absolute **** clown and should be rubbed out for life.
    thefalcon said:

must apologise, on first view I was just looking at the inside horses and did not notice what was going on out wide...hence my comment.

on second look..what a disgraceful exhibition, life and a life ban from racecourses worldwide.

With those credentials Falc, a walk up start as a Steward  :D :D

I can't believe the media are running with the old 'brain fade' line. That term is rather affectionate for what was a malicious act.

Did you read about that asswipe drug F**ked Pri*k who said in court he could not drive his ill injured daughter to Hospital because he was boozed & drugged up. She died :(

They all have "supposed brain fades"

hash said:

I was on the 4th horse. Nearly dropped my beer when I saw what happened, certainly cost it the race. Apparently in 2015 he tried to steal a whip off another rider during a race - absolute **** clown and should be rubbed out for life.
    The 4th horse, Vintage Grove? Its stable mate Go The Journey(5th) was the one out wide affected by the interference. That horse definitely should have won. Those on the inside had their chance imo, including runner up and best backed runner Call Me Curtis($5.50-$4.40), who was momentarily inconvenienced by Cartwight on turning for home, in what was nothing more than a racing incident.  If Josh had wanted to ruin that horse's chances he would have shifted in, not out. Whether the reports of an earlier disagreement had anything to do with his actions or he just saw the swooping horse as the main threat, I guess all will be revealed.
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    i would love to see the betting activity for this race. I wonder who close to this guy or his mrs backed the winner????
    edited January 2017
    It's a family affair.  First the girlfriend has been implicated and now the jockey's mother has commented on her son, the irony of his initials, 'JC' has so far been unrecognised. I'm disappointed @SLIPPERGOLDEN   [-(