Sunday, 23 April (3:20 pm) St Kilda vs. Geelong Etihad Stadium
Sunday, 23 April (4:40 pm) Hawthorn vs. West Coast MCG
Monday, 24 April (7:25 pm) Richmond vs. Melbourne MCG
Tuesday, 25 April (3:20 pm) Essendon vs. Collingwood MCG

Comments

• PAULPAUL    2,665 posts
    edited April 2017
    Hawthorn (0-4) v Eagles (3-1), MCG

Since their 2006 premiership win, the Eagles are 6-16 at the MCG, with their wins only being against Melbourne (3), Richmond (2) and Carlton.

But after consecutive 86-point losses, you'd think there wouldn't be a better opportunity to beat the Hawks at the MCG than this, especially with a four day extra break.

Last time the Eagles beat them there was R14 2006, when they won by 10 points. Since then they have lost their last nine away games to Hawthorn, four at MCG, four at Launceston and one at Docklands.
  • octaviusoctavius    2,290 posts
    Does not bode well...
    PAUL said:

Since their 2006 premiership win, the Eagles are 6-16 at the MCG.

Eight of these losses were to Collingwood. In fact the Eagles haven't beaten Collingwood at the MCG since R2 1995.

A lot gets made of the Eagles s*** record at the MCG, however when comparing all the interstate teams records there, the Eagles still have the third best record. No interstate team has a winning record there.

ADE 28-39 (42%) - won their last 3
    PA 17-23-1 (41%)
    WCE 30-48 (38%)
    SYD 39-62-2 (38%) - since 1982
    FRE 16-32 (33%)
    BL 15-31-1 (32%) - since 1997 (went 3-23 as Bears)
    GC 2-9 (18%) - only wins v MELB
    GWS 1-9 (10%) - only win v MELB (R21 2014)

hash likes this post.

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Well, if you exclude the two expansion teams who couldn't beat anyone for most of their time - WC also has the third worst record.
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    I cant wait for my mighty Kangaroos to come over and get towelled up by the dockers... 
    long live Brad Scott! 

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• bradybrady    1,452 posts
    50/50 Game
    Kangaroos can win +12.5 at the line is the go

Gilgamesh, PAUL likes this post.

• FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9wGsLCUAAAg4au.jpg

detonator, RIO, spinking, Lendmefifty likes this post.

Correction
    PAUL said:

Since their 2006 premiership win, the Eagles are 6-16 at the MCG, with their wins only being against Melbourne (3), Richmond (2) and Carlton.

That was their record before the start of this season, I hadn't included their 11 point loss to Richmond in R3. Should be 6-17.
  • rooboyrooboy    1,421 posts
    TheDiva said:

I cant wait for my mighty Kangaroos to come over and get towelled up by the dockers... 

long live Brad Scott! 
    This one we can pencil in Diva!
    >:/
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    PAUL said:

But after consecutive 86-point losses, you'd think there wouldn't be a better opportunity to beat the Hawks at the MCG than this, especially with a four day extra break.

Last time the Eagles beat them there was R14 2006, when they won by 10 points. Since then they have lost their last nine away games to Hawthorn, four at MCG, four at Launceston and one at Docklands.

Taking a line out of the movie Platoon.
    "I've got a baaaaaaad feeling about this one "
    Hope I'm wrong. :-SS
  • dungydungy    9,278 posts
    detonator said:

PAUL said:

No way you couldnt lose to the Hawks they are bottom 4 at best and look shot , you do get rolled forget about finals , but to be honest you will be only making up the numbers anyway especially when you play Jack Darling at the G we all no what happens on the big grounds Jacky boy gets scared   
    TheDiva said:

long live Brad Scott! 
    Diva i have to say i think your mob is the best side going around not to win a game you have been in games very deep Freo dont deserve to be odds on thats for sure 

RIO likes this post.

dungy said:

detonator said:

PAUL said:

No way you couldnt lose to the Hawks they are bottom 4 at best and look shot , you do get rolled forget about finals , but to be honest you will be only making up the numbers anyway especially when you play Jack Darling at the G we all no what happens on the big grounds Jacky boy gets scared   

Make a bet with you druggy.
    If Jack plays, I bet he kicks 2 goals or more.
    If he does, you stay off the this sports forum for rounds 6 and 7.
    If he doesn't I will refrain from posting on this forum for rounds 6 and 7.
    Deal ?????

RIO, spinking, jum, hash likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    Take The Deal Please :D  :D

spinking, detonator likes this post.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Sounds like a win/win situation for the rest of us.
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts

Big bait big fish

jum likes this post.

• BludnutBludnut    46 posts
    Geez you make some ridiculous comments Dungy!
    A complete tool!!!
    3 leg value multi this round St Kilda Melbourne Essendon.
    Buckley got Buckley's chance of keeping job for 2018 after another defeat on Tuesday
    Smokin Jesse Hogan to "light up" the g.
    Saints will be eating pussy on Sunday.
    Bludnut said:

A complete tool!!!

good on bloodnut we all no what happens to red heads after midnight lol lol 
    detonator said:

dungy said:

detonator said:

PAUL said:

Deal ?????
    Druggy ??? explain please 
    detonator said:

dungy said:

detonator said:

PAUL said:

Deal ?????
    what ,,,,  and let you have all the fun ,,, not a **** show chance buddy , if i wanted to back Darling i would do it on the tote  nice weekend to all especially Bloodnut ginger hope he doesnt get any rain at the caravan park 
    dungy said:

detonator said:

dungy said:

detonator said:

PAUL said:

Deal ?????
    what ,,,,  and let you have all the fun ,,, not a **** show chance buddy , if i wanted to back Darling i would do it on the tote  nice weekend to all especially Bloodnut ginger hope he doesnt get any rain at the caravan park 
    <br/ Geez Doogle. Wasn't expecting that.
    Won't be anticipating you applying for a bookies license soon. They take bets for "real" money.
    Obviously your jelly spine can't support your massive Docker chips on your shoulders.
    What's with you and caravan parks ??? You still living in Jutland Parade ??
    detonator said:

dungy said:

detonator said:

dungy said:

detonator said:

PAUL said:

Deal ?????

Lol lol jelly spine mmmm
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Oooh north. That's gotta hurt
    GWS Powerful.

Lendmefifty likes this post.

detonator said:

GWS Powerful.

Bit like you lol lol knob

Dungy your comments and comebacks are very ordinary. You can barely string a sentence together. 8559 posts of tripe. 

youknowit, oldhendo likes this post.

• bradybrady    1,452 posts
    brady said:

50/50 Game
    Kangaroos can win +12.5 at the line is the go

Hope you all got on !

Gilgamesh, PAUL likes this post.

Not sure I am liking all this talk about the bottom six teams after round 17 having a shot at a wild card entry into the finals series.
    It is all about tv ratings and bums on seats.
    Integrity of the competition is being compromised big time.
    Coaches will find ways of manipulating the draw etc.
    Look how long it took for coaches to manipulate the nominated ruckman and no third man up rule.