MELBOURNE v NORTH MELB, MCG, 1:20pm
FREMANTLE v CARLTON, Subiaco Oval, 2:40pm
Byes
PORT ADELAIDE, GOLD COAST

Comments

• PAULPAUL    2,665 posts
    edited May 2017
    GEELONG v BULLDOGS
    Geelong have won their last 10 v Bulldogs.
    Bulldogs have lost their last 7 at Kardinia Park. Bulldogs have been behind at Q/T in their last 7 games.

ST KILDA v SYDNEY
    Saints have lost their last 6 v Swans.
    Swans have won 11 of their past 12 games at Docklands (inc. last 2 v Saints)

GWS v RICHMOND
    GWS are 1-5 overall v Richmond.
    Richmond have never lost at Spotless Stadium (3-0), although they haven't played them there since R10 2014.

BRISBANE v ADELAIDE
    Brisbane have lost their last 5 v Adelaide.
    Adelaide have won 5 of their past 6 games at the 'Gabba.
    5 of the past 6 games between the two sides at the 'Gabba, the margin was 19 points or less.

COLLINGWOOD v HAWTHORN
    Magpies have lost their last 9 v Hawthorn.
    Having said that, Hawthorn have only won 2 of past 7 games at MCG.

ESSENDON v WEST COAST
    Bombers have won 5 of their past 7 games v WCE at Docklands.
    West Coast have won 5 of their past 9 games at Docklands, all four losses were by 10 points or less.

MELBOURNE v NORTH MELBOURNE
    Melbourne have lost their last 15 games v Kangaroos, last win was in R20 2006.
    Kangaroos have won 6 of their past 9 games at MCG.

FREMANTLE v CARLTON
    Dockers have won 3 of their past 4 v Carlton.
    8 of the past 11 games between the two sides, the margin was 15 points or less.

spinking likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Essendon to beat my beloved Eagles this week at Etihad.
    Too much pace. Woosha got the inside word on the Eagles. Fantasia will further enhance his reutation.
    McGrath to play a blinder and subsequently stifle the NAB rising star betting.
    There. That should get the Eagles across the line !!!!

RIO, spinking likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    detonator said:

Too much pace. Woosha got the inside word on the Eagles. Fantasia will further enhance his reutation.

haha, but I'm with you..think the Bombers will have our measure. Travelling ok at the moment

detonator likes this post.

RIO said:

detonator said:

haha, but I'm with you..think the Bombers will have our measure. Travelling ok at the moment

Just one last thing to do. Pick Essendon in the footy tipping and my work is done. ;)

RIO likes this post.

• bradybrady    1,452 posts
    West Coast to strong for the Bombers
    Liking the Cats over the Dogs
    +4.5 at the line earlier in the week
    Was good shopping
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Paul I reckon you should get a job with fox sport you do a great job with the stats . I am going with Brady and reckon the Eagles can beat the Bombers and string a few together
  • PAULPAUL    2,665 posts
    edited May 2017
    spinking said:

Paul I reckon you should get a job with fox sport you do a great job with the stats

Cheers. I don't mind throwing them out there, who knows, they might be useful for tipping or betting (in reference to lines, PYOLs or margins). Then again, they could also prove to be a completely useless reference also.

Coming from a statistical background, what interests me is when you find anomalies with the historical data and sometimes what odds and lines gets offered by bookies.

Take last week for example. In the GWS v Collingwood match, the line for Collingwood (at the time I posted) was set at +34.5. Up to that point, Collingwood had never lost to GWS nor had they lost by more than 23 points in their five losses this season. In the end, they only lost in the final minute of the game.

Same with the Adelaide v Melbourne match, the line for Melbourne (at the time I posted) was set at +43.5. Up to that point, Melbourne had a 2-3 record at the Adelaide Oval and had never lost by more than 25 points there. In the end, they ended up winning the game.

Having said that, of course, records and trends are going to be broken at some stage, but it is highly unusual for two games in the same round of footy to have a line set for a result that had never historically occurred before.

This week, four of the teams that are listed as favourites to win are currently on the wrong end of lengthy losing streaks against their opponents, they are the Saints (6 v SYD), Collingwood (9 v HAW), Bulldogs (10 v GEE) and Melbourne (15 v NM). Again, this is highly unusual for a round of footy.
  • JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    3/4 time and the Bulldogs kick 6 unanswered goals after being 36 points down???? Swings and roundabouts at the Cattery.
    Wayne Carey said we have a new contender ???
    Talk about getting carried away. Pewk !!!
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    detonator said:

Wayne Carey said we have a new contender ???
    Talk about getting carried away. Pewk !!!

Has spent too much time in the broom closet.

savethegame likes this post.

Geelong will be patting themselves on the back by winning on their home deck. 130 tackles. Amazing.
    But the week before they had 18 tackles to half time. WTF
    All coaches spruike consistent effort.Doesnt read consistency to me.
    Trying really hard to hide my distain for Chris Scott. FAIL !!!
  • JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    Unlike the North coach, at least C.Scott could play...but I'm with you.

• bradybrady    1,452 posts
    brady said:

West Coast to strong for the Bombers
    Liking the Cats over the Dogs
    +4.5 at the line earlier in the week
    Was good shopping

Happy days

• NewkidontheblockNewkidontheblock    71 posts
    detonator said:

Geelong will be patting themselves on the back by winning on their home deck. 130 tackles. Amazing.
    But the week before they had 18 tackles to half time. WTF
    All coaches spruike consistent effort.Doesnt read consistency to me.
    Trying really hard to hide my distain for Chris Scott. FAIL !!!

I think Chris Scott has 10 lengths on his brother Brad both in ability and as a bloke. I used to play cricket with both Scott boys when they were younger lads and to say they were mad was an understatement! Quite often they would get to the game at Saturday lunchtime still off their cracker telling stories of how they alluded the Po Po the night before. Nuts!!!

See Peter Sumich is on Open Mike on Tuesday night. Be interesting to hear what he says about his last year under Ross Lyon. He will be diplomatic of course.
    And also his time with Mainy and Cuz.
    Heard him on Racing radio a short while ago. Said Mainy was good for him. Claims whenever Mainy was kicking into the forward line, Suma would lead into the space where Mainy wasn't kicking too, and the ball would always come off the side of his boot and hit him on the tit.

RIO likes this post.

• dungydungy    9,278 posts
    detonator said:

See Peter Sumich is on Open Mike on Tuesday night. Be interesting to hear what he says about his last year under Ross Lyon. He will be diplomatic of course.
    And also his time with Mainy and Cuz.
    Heard him on Racing radio a short while ago. Said Mainy was good for him. Claims whenever Mainy was kicking into the forward line, Suma would lead into the space where Mainy wasn't kicking too, and the ball would always come off the side of his boot and hit him on the tit.

I dont think Ross would be to bothered about anything Sumich says , if the bloke was any good he would have got one of the 7 coaching jobs he went for gee he comes across very smart on radio lol lol lol NOT  
    Bit harsh on Suma Dungy. If Pav can get a gig in the media with his attempt at the English language then you have to cut Suma a bit of slack.
    Conspiracy theory 1009. Fyfe leaving Freo comes down to whether Lyon is there next year. Club goes with "brand Fyfe" Lyon gawwwn. Sumich steps in. Lol lol lol Lol :)) :))
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,888 posts
    Leigh Mathews once said - sometimes the hardest thing about AFL coaching is getting a job in the 1st place

Ken Hinkley and Allan Richardson were both overlooked numerous times - Hinkley had just about given up . Andrew Mackie actually sent an email to Keith Thomas CEO of Port and said hes a good coach you want to have a look at him

I agree with Malthouse however - when he said in todays system - the recruiting officer- the bloke assembling the list  is more important than the coach . Its a bit like buying yearlings at the yearling sales - whos more important - the bloke  whos trying to pick top liners - or the bloke who is going to train them

detonator, thefalcon likes this post.

Are the Swans back on track? or has the saint sledging of last week and the controvosey surrounding it influenced there game
  • rustyhrustyh    2,266 posts
    edited May 2017

3:-O
    detonator said:

Bit harsh on Suma Dungy. If Pav can get a gig in the media with his attempt at the English language then you have to cut Suma a bit of slack.
    Conspiracy theory 1009. Fyfe leaving Freo comes down to whether Lyon is there next year. Club goes with "brand Fyfe" Lyon gawwwn. Sumich steps in. Lol lol lol Lol :)) :))

You need to get out more mate I'm very worried about you lol lol lol
  • BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,372 posts
    Kevin Bartlett said Saints and Dees can win the flag this year!!
    God help the Dees tomorrow =))
  • rustyhrustyh    2,266 posts
    8-| 8-| [-( :-w :-w ~X( :-O 3:-O
    Rigged to the shiithouse!!!
    Umpy had perfect view and .........ohhhh, whats the point!....I'm over this poxy crap.

Bob Murphy holding the ball free. Please.

:-& :-& L-) :-??
    Watched bits and pieces and kept getting confused as I thought it was a game of RUGBY!!!!!
    172 million tackles!!

The game is OOZING PUS!!

:)]
    And notice how they talk absolute shiiiiiiiiiite during the week on super pharked up 'agendas' just so it keeps the 945 thousand X players in the media a job!!!

:-\" ;)
    It's all a distraction. 
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,888 posts
    Bet 365 when Richmond got 5 goals in front they were betting $10 GWS and $1.05 Richmond

They obviously dont know much about Richmonds sorrowfull past  35 year history
    Gee it's tough being a Dockers fan but the poor old Tigers ohhh

spinking said:

Are the Swans back on track? or has the saint sledging of last week and the controvosey surrounding it influenced there game

No one is "back on track"in this competition.
    Week to week proposition for most of them.
    Only need to look at Geelong this week. Harry Taylor kicks 5 and Father Xmas is real.
    But having said that, Sydney have 4 of the next 6 at the SCG. I reckon could win 5 of those.

spinking said:

Yes mate i think they are they are looking more like the Syd of old 

detonator, spinking likes this post.

Confident of winning today
    dungy said:

Tough being a Dockers fan. Lol
    Isn't that the first thing you say in rehab. My name is Dungy and I am a Dockers fan lol lol lol :)) :))
    Contested possession count halftime eagles game is a disgrace . Have a dip for pucks sake

detonator said:

Confident of winning today

dungy said:

Tough being a Dockers fan. Lol
    Isn't that the first thing you say in rehab. My name is Dungy and I am a Dockers fan lol lol lol :)) :))

Tough being an Eagles fan in Melbourne lol lol that soft underbelly always pops its head up Mitchell is far to slow so is the other 4 midfielders