G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 5 Non Members

Greyhound Tips

Harness & Greyhounds
Thought I'd get a thread going for anyone that bets on the Greyhounds like myself. Thought that would be better than cluttering the forum with a new thread everyday of the week.

Just the one for me tonight in the Sprint Championship Final - Honcho Monelli to the place.

This dogs owes me nothing, as he's made me a lot already with his consistent placings. He'll rarely win in this grade but his racing style seems him constantly place at good odds.
+1 -1

Ridersonthestorm33, cisco likes this post.

Comments

• FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
    edited August 2017
    R1 - Whata Dream
    R2 - Black Bombshell
    R3 - Dandalup Brutus
    R4 - Gold Reserve
    R5 - West on Babe
    R6 - Moment To Jive
    R7 - Weedle Monelli
    R8 - Found A Diamond
    R9 - Teddy Monelli
    R10 - Stratosphere
    R11 - Heres Linda
    R12 - West On Janet

cisco likes this post.

• JellJell    1,201 posts
    A couple from my Greyhound friend at Healesville that are both drawn perfectly.
    R7 - Our Real Deal
    R11 - Nitroniun

Nitroniun is short but multied up will give you a tad over 5.

cisco, Fastmoney, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    Saw the six year old Thunder Rama notch up another win ( 3 in a row and 46 in total ) last night. Thought would be a good risk...but have learnt don't take on champions or freaks...he's a bit of both.

Gilgamesh, thefalcon likes this post.

edited August 2017
    Yeah he just keeps on going that legend. I was on Donald Tux who was huge odds, looked likely to take the rail and head off Thunderama before he coped a bump and tailed out last ~X(
    Mandurah

R1 Lohtse Monelli

$2.50 still available

Jell likes this post.

Mandurah

R7 Gold Sheen @ $3

Ridersonthestorm33, Jell likes this post.

^^ Two from two.
    Cannington

R1 Rapid Recall @ $4.40
    R8 Steve Keeping EW @ $15 & $3.20

Ridersonthestorm33, Jell, theduke, cisco likes this post.

edited August 2017
    R6 Betstakker 0.5u Win 2.5u Place

I'll be having 1u Win 2u Place on my guy, Neo, in R7. Tricky draw but his trial suggests his times are just as good as this field, he just needs to find the rail.

Plus if he wins paying those odds and I haven't got anything on him I'll be distraught #-o

cisco likes this post.

Both of them taken out of it by copping checks, that's Greyhounds unfortunately ~X(
    Lucks a fortune...Neo definetly would like to see in the red or striped box. Just wanted to rail. Once they cop the early checks looking for the fence it's tough.
    Nice work Fastmoney.

Steve Keeping was backed in hard.
    edited August 2017
    @Fastmoney 2 from 2 is very good...3 from 3 outstanding...4 from 4 ^:)^

theduke, cisco likes this post.

• theduketheduke    284 posts
    Fastmoney is the best judge in greyhound racing

cisco, RIO likes this post.

edited August 2017
    The four consecutive winners at above prices 494/1 or $49400 to a $100. That would have been a nice collect if able to get set.

cisco likes this post.

Back plenty of losers as well but generally keep my nose in front on Greyhounds.

@theduke known to keep an eye on the dog form and find a winner or two.

Thunderstruck, RIO likes this post.

• ciscocisco    805 posts
    Great work Fastmoney. Lucky I didnt get on I could stop a freight train. Keep them coming buddy.

Cheers 

RIO likes this post.

Mandurah

R3 Tijuana Fun @ $5.50
    R5 Dave`s Girl EW @ $7.50 & $2.20
    R10 Pure Sabotage EW @ $13 & $4
    edited August 2017
    Hope you're wrong in R5 [-X

Roger's Dreamin', who is another of my dogs, makes his WA debut. He's Neo's brother from last night :D
    Good luck @Jell.
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Terriffic tipping FM 4/4 at the dishlickers is very good!
    Where do you bet/obtain those prices mate?

Terriffic tipping FM 4/4 at the dishlickers is very good!
    Where do you bet/obtain those prices mate?

Not sure about FM but there are a lot of good early markets for Greyhounds if you know your form.

Sportsbet/Crownbet you can get some nice early prices but Bet365 are the best. I've been through 3 accounts, all banned from taking their early prices, most of these came from my friend from Melbourne who does it for a living.

I've said before I could honestly quit my job and live off Bet 365 if you had an account that never banned you, which is never going to happen.
    edited August 2017
    Early corporate prices Bookmaker, Bet365, Sportingbet, Sportsbet, etc

I can`t get on with any of them and the markets are ordinary but they make mistakes.

If you can lock in those prices you`ll be able to lay them on Betfair for a guaranteed result.

All 4 of those winners started a lot shorter on the tote.
    Tabtouch Fixed prices which go up late

Lhotse Monelli $2.65 to $1.80 - tote $1.70
    Gold Sheen $3.00 to $2.30 - tote $2.50
    Rapid Recall $4.00 to $3.10 - tote $3.20
    Steve Keeping $14.00 to $6.50 - tote $7.30

theduke likes this post.

edited August 2017
    Loved going to Cannington Central when a kid and beyond...plenty of bookmakers on track..tote in full swing...balmy summer nights a great place to be. Facilities were fantastic and always a good sized family crowd. A grass track back then. Got a lot of wear and tear on it as the years went by and some decent patches but back in the good days was as they say..green as grass.

Just one punting tale...must have been mid 90s or something like that...those days the tab ran just the one daily double...was always races 4 & 6. No quaddies and limited novelty bet types available so the double pool got up to a reasonably good amount and could invest a little and try to get 10 times or so.

There was a very good dog named Laddies A Star...could be a bit tardy early over the 530 metres..but super strong and would unwind with a withering run...anyway took the Laddie on in one of the legs of the double...was just into the red and being a popular dog with the public would be heavily supported in doubles betting...think from memory drew an outside box possibly 7...theory was will miss the kick and find too much trouble.

Stood up near the starting boxes and Laddies missed it and was back near last and then continually checked out of it...never seen a dog have so much bad luck...then powered home to go under by about a head . Was right but at the same time was wrong too. Should have won easily. A wonderful dog. It was one double can remember getting...missed a few since though.

cisco likes this post.

That is the only way to bet Fastmoney where you CANNOT LOSE!!

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Another one..this one was told to me second hand but a good source.

When bookmaker numbers where beginning to dwindle but still a few at Mandurah there was one main bookie and the other two use to follow his prices..basically what he put up..they put up..he firmed or drifted something they did too. Not a lot of business going on the number of people on track also in decline.

He thought a certain greyhound in the distance race was a living certainty opened up at 1/2 ( $1.50 ) the other two bookies went the same..he went to evens they followed..he went to 6/4 ($2.50) they followed..he went to 2/1 ( $3 ) they followed. He then jumped off his stand and went bang 500 to win a thousand with the other two bookies and at the same time winding the dog back into 1/2 ($1.50 ) on his board. Of course it bolted in. ( How true I don't know but at the very least must be a moral to that story ).

cisco likes this post.

Great stories Riders - reminds me of the early 1980's at Olympic Park dogs over here in Melbourne!!
  • theduketheduke    284 posts
    edited August 2017
    One of my best memories was when there was a power failure at Cannington and some wag put a hotdog in the starting box of the favourite.

thefalcon likes this post.

• jonnygunsjonnyguns    4 posts
    Race 6 - Triple Crown Bev leads and wins