G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 2 Non Members

'17/'18 HK Season

East Coast Racing
It all kicks off this weekend. Will it be a case of The Magic Man this year or a repeat of last year's 'Tragic Man' who rode six beaten short priced favs? 

Comments

• spinkingspinking    3,737 posts

I personally would not call anyone who rode 171 winners last season tragic . Wont say anymore on the subject apart from 171 . Stop making a fool of yourself Kramer

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited August 2017
    Referring to the opening day when there is a lot of interest. Not disputing his overall tally but he rode 1/10 in the season opener last year and six favs rolled. Tragic was a fair description of his performance. He can't carry them but Purton, Whyte, Prebble, Clipperton all ride more than one with that book of rides imo.

• FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
    Of the 6 favorites rolled they combined to have 80 starts for the season for 4 wins only.

In real terms most shouldn`t have been favorite but the Moreira fan factor contributed to them starting  favorite, particularly for the first meeting of the year.

Most were heavily layed on the Asian exchange.
    The odds on pop he rode in the opening race won next start with a different jockey, an apprentice no less! And class 4/5 horses with terrible overall records is not uncommon in HK. The level of horseflesh is moderate to say the least.
    Green Card, beaten as a 2.2 chance when Joao rode, won the next start at 2.0 with Whyte riding also
    edited August 2017

The odds on pop he rode in the opening race won next start with a different jockey, an apprentice no less! And class 4/5 horses with terrible overall records is not uncommon in HK. The level of horseflesh is moderate to say the least.

Green Card, beaten as a 2.2 chance when Joao rode, won the next start at 2.0 with Whyte riding also

Which would suggest both needed the run off the 6 week break and probably shouldn`t have started favorite..
    edited August 2017
    Fastmoney said:

Which would suggest both needed the run off the 6 week break and probably shouldn`t have started favorite..
    Do they still trial in HK? I think they do and they were all first up off a six week break. Green Card's only victory in 21 starts was the very next run after Joao was beaten on it. After Douglas won, it was beaten with the South African in the saddle by 4.25len. I'd say 1st & 2nd up it was ready to rock based on how badly it tapered off 3rd up. Joao had a shocker of a day. It happens.
    edited August 2017
    Is your only theory that if he gets beaten on a favorite it is a shocking ride?

Moreira 16/17 rode another 28 winners in Japan, Aus, UAE and Singapore.

Winning strike rate of 23% and $46m in total prizemoney.

He wramed up with 4 winners in Japan on Sunday.

He had a bad day. Giving me data for the rest of the season doesn't refute that. He gets the best rides and with that comes rightful scrutiny.

He gets the best rides and with that comes rightful scrutiny.

Your idea of rightful scrutiny is different to mine.

And I`m thinking my idea of moronic obsession is different to yours.
    edited August 2017
    Fastmoney said:

He gets the best rides and with that comes rightful scrutiny.

Your idea of rightful scrutiny is different to mine.

And I`m thinking my idea of moronic obsession is different to yours.
    You've changed the narrative three times already though. First it was the six losers started 80 subsequent times for only 4 wins. Then when i told you two of those wins were the horses' very next start, they 'needed the run' first up. Then it's his season stats.

You're either trolling or you can't admit when you're wrong or your argument is invalid.

No one is doubting when he's 'on' he can ride 5 winners with his eyes closed  and he does that multiple times a season. But I don't see him winning a Sydney premiership by 50 wins if he comes and rides here.
    spinking said:

I personally would not call anyone who rode 171 winners last season tragic . Wont say anymore on the subject apart from 171 . Stop making a fool of yourself Kramer

Well said
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited September 2017
    Thats 2/2 today on average scrubbers :-$

* apologies 1st winner was only having its first run , 2nd winner...a scrubber.
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    How's Moreira started the season so far Kramer. <:-P

therealkramer likes this post.

jum said:

How's Moreira started the season so far Kramer. <:-P

Shut this thread down @Chris @TheDiva  :)) %-( X_X

Thunderstruck, jum, spinking, detonator likes this post.

:))
    3/3 now. I'm not backing him in case he cools off.
    There`s Moreira then there`s daylight.

First 3 won like they were Winx and none of them started favorite.

^:)^ ^:)^

spinking likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts

3 from 3 <:-P  <:-P  =))  =)) 

:-j  :-j
    Moreira on target to ride 800 winners this season.

Thunderstruck, spinking likes this post.

=))

wow what a start!!
    First favorite for Joao and its being layed heavily.

Layers have more dollars than sense.

Hard to stop when hes on a roll.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Four from four how many for the day
    6 at least, just a guess

Next race he is on an err average type look out if that wins!

6 at least, just a guess

Next race he is on an err average type look out if that wins!

Being layed like its got 3 legs.
    Might get on it then!!

I agree on your laying theory too their just betting the jockey cant ride 5 straight.
    B-) ;)

It all kicks off this weekend. Will it be a case of The Magic Man this year or a repeat of last year's 'Tragic Man' who rode six beaten short priced favs? 

Referring to the opening day when there is a lot of interest. Not disputing his overall tally but he rode 1/10 in the season opener last year and six favs rolled. Tragic was a fair description of his performance. He can't carry them but Purton, Whyte, Prebble, Clipperton all ride more than one with that book of rides imo.

Some posts age well.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Fastmoney said:

Moreira on target to ride 800 winners this season.

Still on target.