G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 34 Non Members

Boom Time - Japan Cup

East Coast Racing
PCPC    2,190 posts
Boom Time to represent WA and Australia on the world stage...he is off to the Japan Cup.

Comments

• PCPC    2,190 posts
    All of the Japan Cup runners (including Boom Time) and their rating.

Info from the Japan Racing Association:

http://japanracing.jp/_news2017/171121-05.html
  • ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Will get eaten alive
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    It looks like a strong field. Much stronger then what Boom Time fsced in the Caulfield Cup. The Japan Cup is one of the best 2400m races in the world.
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    I was three yrs old when Better Loosen Up won the Japan Cup. What a great horse "BLU" was. He raced in a strong era of Australian racing at 2000m and beyond...which sadly is notthe case nowdays. 2000m and beyond in Australia is very very thin in terms of quality in numbers. BLU beat the best in Australia and beat the best in the world away from home as well.

I have no doubt he would mix it with the best that Australia has today. What a great horse BLU was.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts

oldhendo, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    To save me searching - what time is this race on ?

rustyh likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    She's all apples over there in Japan  ^:)^
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    Boom Time officially dead-heated for 12th
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Interesting that they run it in near on winter.
    Certainly detracts from it visually, and in saying that it was an unseasonably warm day there today.
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    I guess it has something to do with the heat in summer as they do not run any group 1 races in July, August or September,
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    I am certain Better Loosen up come over here for I think the railway,and at the time was for sale before he went on to win the J span cup
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    BLU won the Railway in 1989 and the Japan Cup in 1990.

He also came over to run 4th in the Diabetes in 1992. That race is now the Kingston Town.
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited November 2017
    Great effort Boom Time to win the Caulfield Cup, can't take that away from him ever.

In today's Japan Cup he went around tote odds in Japan the equliavent of over 200/1.Australian tote a tick over $10 and $2.20 a drum. ( Started second favourite a place on our tote). Tabtouch bet a generous $20 win fixed odds and $4.50 a place on a horse that at one stage was 258/1 on the Japan tote.

Sportsbet were betting $5 on him to finish top five...a much better price than the $2.20 tote or the tab $4.50 to be top three...however even $5 for top five, should have been about $25.

When the Corps see an inch...they take a mile!

thefalcon, jum likes this post.

Worst bet of the year?

I don't understand the exchange rate or currency in japanese dollars.... is it 1 for 1?
    if so then yeah he took unders but is it not like the hong kong totes and big discrepancies in prices? 

edited November 2017
    That's all been converted Hash...same with my prices above on Boom Time that's 258/1 Australian.

If we were betting into the Japan Tote the price of Boom Time would still have been around 250/1...massive pool size and even with Australian support would still have been close to 200/1.

That 5k bet ...possibly another 'fantasy' bet to drum up interest from the $20 - $50 throng of punters to back a horse that on the Japan Tote will be around 250/1.

The same tab that apparently had several bets of $1000 on Scales Of Justice @$5.50 ....started SP @$11.
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    I can only imagine how triggering that fake bet is to @bookielover

edited November 2017
    Too true @therealkramer...was thinking the same thing.

Could also someone ( in an era of great communication ) tell the WA Tab that Supply And Demand after being beaten 49.75 lengths and pulling up extremely lame from the Railway Stakes...will not be running in the Kingston Town so stop robbing the punters in an all in market by continuing to offer $13. Mikkimoto is enjoying a restful spell - please take the $10 away.

Supply And Demand is battling to walk this morning , let alone be galloping.

There now either too lazy to put doubtful runner...or too sneaky. Either not good enough. It's 2017 not 1983.
    Just been reading Bet365 refusing to pay out on a winner at Toowoomba....they bet $41...bets taken and accepted at $41 but only want to pay out at $10. There the best!!
    edited November 2017
    So Hash no idea how many Yen there are to the Australian $... but let's just pretend he won it...he would have paid ( just pretend figure ) say $1385 yen ...which would have been $266 Australian.

That's just a ficticous conversion rate - but at the end of the day Boom Time did start at 265/1 on the Japan tote. If you were on course in Japan yesterday you were receiving 265/1 - Australian , South African, French , American..you name it! 265/1 = 265/1 in any language!

Thanks again all Corporates and Tabs for offering 20/1 about a genuine 265/1 chance. You are too generous with your pricing. Now would you mind taking about six or seven horses out of your all in markets ( no refunds on scratchings for uninitiated ) for the Kingston Town that won't be running.

Thanks!
    edited November 2017
    With the pricing WA Tab - just months ago two WNBA teams were left in Championship betting markets to win the title.

Look..it's not that hard to work out... both teams were knocked out of the playoffs several days earlier. Think it's called - due diligence.
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Riders, regardless of whether Supply and Demand is still listed as runner, do you really actually think anyone would back it in the KT???? It is a huge stretch to say they are "robbing punters".....it was distanced in the Railway, its been declared in the West this morning that its sore and is going home.....Just who is going to back it....no one on here I would suggest. And if you don't like corporate practices (who does?) or WA TAB practices or fixed prices, don't bet with them.

Too true @therealkramer...was thinking the same thing.

Could also someone ( in an era of great communication ) tell the WA Tab that Supply And Demand after being beaten 49.75 lengths and pulling up extremely lame from the Railway Stakes...will not be running in the Kingston Town so stop robbing the punters in an all in market by continuing to offer $13. Mikkimoto is enjoying a restful spell - please take the $10 away.

Supply And Demand is battling to walk this morning , let alone be galloping.

There now either too lazy to put doubtful runner...or too sneaky. Either not good enough. It's 2017 not 1983.

stop complaining and just pick off the overs on the runners you know will line up on the day...  :D

JayJay likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    lucky for Japan Boom Time didn't win. If it did the next spruik horses to come here for the cups would be laughed at. 
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    edited June 2019
    I have heard that WA horse and 2017 Caulfield Cup winner Boom Time has been retired.

Hopefully he can do well at stud as a stallion.

Jell likes this post.

• PCPC    2,190 posts
    With Boom Time officially been retired let's look at his career:

Boom Time

Sire: Flying Spur

Dam: Bit Of A Ride

Win Distance Range: 1600m - 2500m

Prize Money: $2,554,125

Career Record: 42 starts: 8-3-7

Win Strike Rate: 19.0% (5.25 races)

Win/Place Strike Rate: 42.8% (2.33 races)

Major Wins

2017 Group 1 Caulfield Cup (2400m hcp)

2017 Listed Mornington Cup Prelude (2000m hcp)

2015 Listed Melvista Stakes (2200m sw)

Best Minor Performances

4th: 2017 Group 2 Herbert Power Stakes (2400m hcp)

3rd: 2015 Group 2 WA Derby (2400m sw)

3rd: 2017 Group 3 J.R.A Cup (2040m hcp)

3rd: 2015 Listed JC Roberts Stakes (1800m sw)
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    I remember the 2015 WA Derby. The race on paper didn't appear strong but it turned out to be pretty strong because the winner Delicacy went on to win the Oaks and Derby in South Australia and Boom Time (who ran 3rd) went on to win the Caulfield Cup.

Which brings me to my next point: Nkw that Boom Time has officially been retired, we can look back on his career. In 2017 joined a small but elite list of WA horses to win a 2400m-3200m G1 race outside WA in the past 20 years:

2017: Boom Time - Caulfield Cup (2400m)

2015: Delicacy - SA Derby (2500m)

2004: Plastered - VIC Derby (2500m)

2002: Northerly - Caulfield Cup (2400m)

1999: Rogan Josh - Melbourne Cup (3200m)