G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 27 Non Members

Where is Paul Harvey?

West Australian Racing

Comments

• RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    I was thinking the same thing just the other day. At home counting his money?

RIO, hash likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    You blokes will get in trouble you know your not allowed to ask questions about the pontif on here

Gray, jum, RIO, frenc11 likes this post.

• rustyhrustyh    2,266 posts
    ^:)^ ^:)^
  • tofarkennardtofarkennard    177 posts
    Probably retired no fuss/no meida just how he likes it !!

RIO, thefalcon, rustyh, Manchild, spinking likes this post.

• scenic11scenic11    231 posts
    Enjoyed a good break and back soon I hear on the grapevine

oldhendo, thefalcon, hash, Bobcat, udontknow likes this post.

I heard he sold up in MT lawley living down in Mandurah and giving Lindsay Smith a hand . Heavens know why just what I heard

rustyh likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    scenic11 said:

Enjoyed a good break and back soon I hear on the grapevine

geez I hope your right

rustyh likes this post.

• BobcatBobcat    159 posts
    Thanks guys. Admin can you delete this post please?
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    post or thread, bobcat?
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    edited January 2018
    Why delete it for? Nothing untoward here. No "bad wishes" only people wanting to see him come back.

thefalcon, hash, spinking, jum likes this post.

That's a bit different Bobcat you start a thread then want it removed. And what is it your thanking people for?
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    spinking said:

That's a bit different Bobcat you start a thread then want it removed. And what is it your thanking people for?

@Fastmoney strikes again? ;))
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    I'll vouch for bobcat on this.

They have got an answer, which for lots of reasons they don't need to share, so there is no need for the thread anymore....

They started it, they have asked for it to be shut down......Not for any adverse comments, or for any over zealous Harvey camp notes, as we may have seen in the past ...just no need for it to be here.

And lets hope the great man is back on a horse soon... Harvey, not Bobcat!!! haha 

So if @Chris  or @TheDiva can trust my intentions and close the thread that'd be appreciated
    if we deleted the threads that didnt need to be here there would only be 5 threads in total on this whole site, fair dinkum. When PTT goes PC  [-(

spinking, RIO likes this post.

Told you ask a question about the pontiff and the above happens. So now if you don't like the content of a thread you just ask to have it deleted where should I start
  • careycarey    6,368 posts
    Yes I think Rio has it wrong here, in fact it would probably do the opposite!
    I was not going to post on this thread, but, thank you Rio...I now have! >:D<

RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    The beauty of opinions.....In this instance I'm comfortable with my stance on it, for my reasons based on what I know........ But I'm usually not, if that helps confuse everyone a bit  more...hahaha
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    Nothing untoward has been posted here Mr Rio, all looks fine to me and it looks to have created constructive discussion... sounds like you finally landed that job of being his racing manager :P

RIO likes this post.

• frenc11frenc11    102 posts
    as one of the best in perth , his return can only be good for racing

RIO likes this post.

Would love to see him back riding. Hope he does make a comback. He won me a motza one day riding for mr edwards in the champion fillies. Horse paid 60 or 80/1 cant remember but it was a big night

RIO, rustyh likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    edited January 2018
    Your all nice blokes, and I'm just a prick..hahahahahahaha I was just trying to help out an occasional poster who had got the answer he wanted.....And saw no need to keep the thread up...

Hang on..........Now I re-read it, I think I got the first sentence ass about ;-) Oh well i'll leave it up there as you all don't like the idea of taking stuff down 
    :)) :)) :))

therealkramer likes this post.

Your humour knows no bounds Rio

RIO likes this post.

edited January 2018
    :)] :-j $-) <:-P :-bd \:D/ :>
    Hey Para. I had $2 each way on the Great Man and Eight Til Late that glorious day!
    First ride back from suspension. Big race. 60/1.
    Popped out of the barriers 2 lengths last, scraped the rail at the tail of the field, rounds the turn and pulls off the fence and just goes 'BANG'!!
    =D> =D> ^:)^

great stroll down memory lane there rustyh . what a win that was 

rustyh, RIO, jum likes this post.

• tonytony    2,361 posts

• tonytony    2,361 posts
    Booked to ride Mythical Saga at Ascot on Wednesday

udontknow, RIO, rustyh likes this post.

<:-P :-bd
    Fantastic news Tony. 
    Cheers ol mate.
    The Legend returns. 
    All hail the great man.
    ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ :> B-) :x <:-P :-bd \m/ :)>-

Jell, thefalcon likes this post.

• RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    Eight Till Late trained by Shane Edwards and never raced again after that win. It won the same year Guest Wing won the Perth Cup. Wasn't there some controversy with that Cup? Race day treatment perhaps?
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited January 2018
    It's worth googling ( horse ) Guest Wing and reading all his race starts especially after his win in the 2011 Perth Cup...to start the ball rolling his first two runs after the Cup were on January 29th 2011 when surprisingly turned up at Sandown and ran 9th beaten 10.25 lengths, ridden by Brad Parnham.

Then out of the blue next run was 13th Febuary 2011 when of all places appeared in the Hobart Cup and finished 12th, beaten 7 lengths , the hoop - Danny Nickolic.

Won't go into anymore race starts after those 2 runs except to say - incredible! Think Leyland Brothers ( remember them ) and I've been everywhere man!

RIO likes this post.

Strange or just coincidence the timing of this thread. The pontif has not had a race ride since early march last year this thread appears and wolla he has a ride this coming Wednesday. Good luck ponti

frenc11 likes this post.