G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

1 Members & 18 Non Members

Fremantle Pacing Cup night.

Harness & Greyhounds
R1: Thought the winner would come from the 2,3, or 4. Cimorene isn't quick out so Miss Sangrial looks to get her chance to lead throughout. She's going to be short and its a matter of whether you trust her or not. Our Major Mama is likely to have a little shot for the lead and is some chance to get it, wins if it does. Otherwise she is a chance to get a bit of cover from the stable mate Beaudiene Beach Babe. Captured Delight was beaten on her merits first up, she is a lot better than that, will be sitting close enough to finish it off and at the price is probably worth an EW play. De La Tourbie can run into 3/4 off the soft pegs run.
Bet: FF:2,3,4/1,2,3,4/1,2,3,4,6/1,2,3,4,6,10. 100% costs $81. EQ:2,3,4.

R2: I've been massively disappointed by Messi lately so I will take him on here. At his best he would cross these and win but he hasn't been showing that speed. I think Glenferrie Rustler will hold him, he needs to find a lot on his last run but he was second up off a long break after showing a bit first up. I thought this was a back line race. Real Lucky has been showing some very good zip. He is likely to be 3 back the fence with a horse like Loaded Aussie outside him which means he should be able to get going when he needs to. Kerrin Joseph has started to rediscover the form he was showing this time last year, Lewis will no doubt go at the right time. Mighty Flying Deal can follow him and be a player as well.
Bet: EW 10 Real Lucky. FF:10,11/3,10,11,12/3,10,11,12/1,3,4,8,9,10,11,12. 100% costs $60. QD:3,10,11,12.

R3: Maczaffair should be winning. Running along in front I give Ayana a flukers chance of beating her or if something goes completely wrong Im Zuleika is racing well for her ability.
EQ: 2,3 10% spend combined, 9 90% spend.

R4: I expect Mysta Magical Mach to have a decent crack for the lead. American Boy can follow him across and take up a spot in the moving line really close to the speed, I'm happy to be on him. I really don't think Delightful Offer is a good horse for A Piccadilly Princess to be following, she is going to need some luck but if gets it will sprint hard. Our Jimmy Johnstone is the one who finds himself in a more winnable race than he has been in and he is likely to get a hot speed early to help him.
Bet: 4 American Boy win. FF:4,8/4,8,10/4,6,8,10/4,5,6,8,9,10,11. 100% costs $32. EQ:4,8,10

R5: Bettors Fire the early leader. Love Ultimate Machete talent wise but he looks to get crossed by Vultin Tin who will then be crossed by Chicago Bull so it really starts to shuffle him back. I don't think Soho rolls the dice at the start, he just isn't quick enough off the arm to think he can get across all the previously mentioned horses without it being suicidal. For me the big question is does Chicago Bull push up when Lazarus comes and would Bettors Fire hand up to the Bull? Not going to pretend to know the answer. I expect Devendra to run very well off the soft pegs run and if they do go fast which they look like they could My Hard Copy looks back to his best and driven dead he will rocket. It should be a good race.
Bet:FF:5/1,2,4,10/1,2,4,6,10/1,2,4,6,9,10. 100% costs $64. QD:5 80%, 6,10 20% total spend.

R6: Springsteen likely to cross Bronze Seeker setting them both up to be in the finish. I've been liking how El Machine has been going for a while now, I thought the Voak train might push forward at the start and finish up with the 1,1 on Ohoka Darcy's back. He can win it from there. Didn't think this was the right race for Major Catastrophe and it will be tough for Livura as it is similar to last week where he will have to go around them while the horses under him get the break on him.
Bet:Tri:1,2,5/1,2,5,6/1,2,3,5,6,10,11. 100% costs $45. QD:1,2,5,6.

R7: This is a tough race. Mighty Flying Thomas ran on well first up. He probably has the speed to hold up but is likely to cop a solid challenge from Web Ellis and Extreme Prince. Looks a good race for Red Salute to run on in if they do go hard. The other i'm interested in is A Boy Named Rosie. He has been racing very well for a while. If it isn't run to suit he is no chance from out there but if they do go hard he can finish over them at big odds.
Bet: Exacta 1,5,9/1,4,5,9.
100% costs $9. EW No9 A Boy Named Rossie. QD:1,5,9.

R8: I thought whoever out of Im Rockaria, Idealindiamonds, Assassinator and even Importer Exporter got to Another Ayjay first would find the top and win.
QD:6,7,8,9.

R9: Dreadlock Rockstar looks the leader and the winner but the price won't be good enough. Maybe Ima Rocknroll Legend can zap him if he can get close enough with 300m to go without actually having had to do anything in the run. I expect A Bit Ruthless to follow the speed well.
Bet: Tri:2/1,9/1,9.

R10: I'm a bit of a wrap for Makinchanges after he was very good to me last week. He will have to sit outside Wardan Express but other than some great gate speed we haven't seen anything from him yet so i'm happy to take him on.
Bet: 6 Makinchanges Win.

Good luck all.

Comments

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    Race 1- Miss Sangrial
    Race 2- Real Lucky
    Race 3- Maczaffair
    Race 4- Zach Maguire
    Race 5- Lazarus
    Race 6- Livura
    Race 7- Red Salute
    Race 8- IdealinDiamonds
    Race 9- Ima RocknRoll Legend
    Race 10- Wardan Express
  • JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    Very interesting draw in the Freo Cup....if Bull goes to the chair and parks outside Bettors, where does Lazarus end up.....either 3 wide the trip as Jnr has indicated he might not hand up the chair or drops back at the start and has to come out 3 and possibly 4 wide the last 1200m. Would Jnr sit 1x1 on Lazarus's back and try and out sprint him.....you wouldn't think they can beat Lazarus but they might not get a better chance.
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited January 2018
    Soho Tribeca $23 and $3.50....well I'll be, hasn't done much wrong either..but the barrier 9 draw up against the Kiwi stablemates and the Bull all drawn ok has put Soho to at least good place odds.

$3.50 or better a place might be ok. Just don't know how he's going to do it though. Great race! A standing start at Richmond Raceway on a late January or early Febuary Friday night would be better.
    Lazarus off 15 or 20 metres - that would like to see!

VillageKid likes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    edited January 2018
    I would love to see this time honoured race the Fremantle Cup go back to being a standing start Riders like it was in the past.
    Most of the greats of yesteryear have still won it regardless.
    edited January 2018
    Was an oasis in suburbia the Fremantle trotting track.

After watching East Perth run all over Old Easts ( The Sharks ) their was nothing better than leaving East Fremantle oval whistling East Perth forever boys and see that beautiful course and track gleaming in the setting sun.
    edited January 2018
    Here you go Village Kid...an old time Fremantle Cup at Richmond Raceway from the standing start.

Front Line :
    1. The Bucket List
    2. Motu Premier
    3. Ohoka Punter
    4. Vulcan Tin
    5. Galactic Star
    6. Devendra
    Back row
    7. My Hard Copy
    8. Bettors Fire
    9. Ultimate Machete

10 Metres :
    Soho Tribeca

15 metres:
    Chicago Bull

25 metres:
    Lazarus.

Tonight we have Chicago Bull and Lazarus drawn four and five whereas The Bucket List and Motu Premier are drawn 11 and 12, seriously...cmmmmon.
    edited January 2018
    Let's make it interesting and give those 100/1 horses drawn 1-6 a real rough place hope..
    Keep My Hard Copy inside of backline...move Bettors Fire and Ultimate Machete to 10 metres, Soho Tribeca to 15 metres, Chicago Bull to 20 metres and Lazarus to 30 metres!

It gives those 100/1 chances a little chance instead of having Buckley's chance.

We have the same ol same ol mobile races every week where for example Lazarus and The Bull draw well and 200/1 chances draw 7,8,9,11,12. Will be a great spectacle tonight but just once in a blue moon do it a little differently and bring the horses in with no chance to a fraction of a chance.
  • legolandlegoland    22 posts
    No bets for me, value, where can U find it at GP ?
    Think I'll just see how the usual 7 odds on favourites go !!!
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Loved it as  a stand ;;;;;Powers to be no better;;; On paper devandra wont be spending many petrol tickets in the run....Lazarus will be in no mans land early,his best hope of not getting busted open is if  Rasmussen holds the breeze until he comes, not on offer for the bull at worst lazarus three deep the trip on the bulls back,provided bettors holds the top and be prepared to withstand some early and mid pressure .....,The I can't bet lazarus mindset may
    make some drivers to think second and third cheque is nice enough & give it to him on a platter.....hope not.....Devandra last two runs he has  showed a bit more desire is turvey training him now?On for the place... 
  • ZimmermanZimmerman    80 posts
    I wont be surprised if k harper hands up to laz if the pressure goes on. The bull cant afford to do too much early and be viable for the finish. He will look to get across n take cover asap. I think k prentice needs to come out strong n have a look early. If he can get the breeze within first couple of fulongs he can either sit parked outside lazarus or sit on the other purdon runner. No point going straight back. Not sure where motu premier is going to settle but I really like the way hes going.
    edited January 2018
    There's been a bit of a go on The Bucket List into just $23 and $3.30 :-O on Tabtouch...$26 on Sportsbet but still $81 and $9 on Bet65. $61 and $8.60 with Ladbrokes.

Seems someone has had a decent go on The Bucket List with Tabtouch am sure was $101 or $151 this morning...perhaps someone had $5 each way on him at 100/1...it doesn't take a lot ! Sportsbet also though in from 100/1 to 25/1...so somebody must fancy.

25/1 Devendra with Tabtouch and 33/1 Vulcan Tin....now with other corporates respectively they are 66/1 and 100/1...cmon Tabtouch it's an insult to the average persons intelligence. They must think their is a fool born every day...well they got that right.
  • ZimmermanZimmerman    80 posts
    Riders the bucket list should get a soft run 3-4 fence so not a bad place bet. Trainer does go well on big nights!
    edited January 2018
    For sure Zimmerman...that's obviously the plan..go behind Devendra who will be trailing Bettors Fire...who will lead comfortably...Lazarus won't apply the pressure too early so there won't be any handing up...until Lazarus goes straight past him near the circle for home.

However Gloucester Park does have a good record in big races for horses three back the pegs like The Bucket List should be...however he's still 50/1 with me to win...a place only 5/1!
    edited January 2018
    You're right about Messi @Gilgamesh..the greatest betfair lay horse to ever grace Gloucester Park.

First Four dividend on Race 1 : Miss Sangrial the $1.30 fave wins...the three clear cut 2nd, third and fourth faves ran 2, 3, 4 practically in order of favouritism, dividend of $100.60....100/1 on the most favoured result - remarkable.

The tab is giving it away! b-(

Gilgamesh likes this post.

edited January 2018
    Hall Trifecta and Zach Maguire a very very good horse was $37 and $6.60 thought was going to win near the corner.

Now she maybe a nice type A Piccadilly Princess but she's been the best bookmakers horse and betfair lay to ever grace Gloucester Park since, um...Messi!

Somebody should let Mark Purdon know too that when a Tony Svilicich horse is in the breeze they don't give it up easily. It's just basic information - but important!
    edited January 2018
    Stablemates at the trots - just love 'em!! That's eight Fremantle Cups to Hall. The Hall camp drove it well. The Purdon couple - goodness gracious me.

Huge run Chicago Bull and Lazaraus well if he won it would have made the bible miracle of Lazarus coming back from the dead look a bit plain.

Chris likes this post.

• squid69squid69    1,434 posts
    Now THAT was a race for the ages

paraletic likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,716 posts
    Hats of to Nat Rasmusen there, many many a driver would have eased a bit and let the stable mate in. She needs to be commended on racing competitive.
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Great local win. One of the best pacing races ive ever seen! Unlike the inters final procession.
  • squid69squid69    1,434 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

Hats of to Nat Rasmusen there, many many a driver would have eased a bit and let the stable mate in. She needs to be commended on racing competitive.

Would have gotten 12 weeks if Lazarus gets in.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,716 posts
    squid69 said:

Gilgamesh said:

Would have gotten 12 weeks if Lazarus gets in.

Doesnt stop you from doing it in the heat of the moment.

squid69 likes this post.

edited January 2018
    If anybody asks what does the phrase mean, to be caught between the devil and the deep blue sea...just get them to watch a replay Mark Purdon/Lazarus in the 2018 Fremantle Cup.

Or caught between a rock and a hard place - same thing!

paraletic likes this post.

• Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    841 posts
    The drive on Livura was possibly the worst I’ve seen from start to finish

VillageKid likes this post.

AbbysAce dislikes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Why is K Prentice driving still ? Surely once the B sample came back it is out the gate until the hearing. The shift in evidential probability is massive. You would be nice and dirty if he beat you home driving one while under this cloud.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Rasmussen;;no bacon&eggs in bed. in the morning, just had to keep the death,and the bull three deep  lazarus would have had cover, three deep and more than likely wins..Purdon can't believe he tried to put her  in a down right cheaters position full credit to her ...bravo for the sake of the industry.. 

Ridersonthestorm33, curmudgeon likes this post.

Trainer/driver doing a wonderful job with Hillbilly Time...won again at Busselton..he's the most improved horse in WA.

Gilgamesh, jum likes this post.

• ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Great tip Rosie
    Purdon wasn't given the short back and sides, it was much worse..he was given the ultimate machete, then when caught between a rock ( the bull ) and a hard ( place ) copy he and Lazarus couldn't come back from the dead.

Looking forward to the Pacing Cup immensely!
  • tonytony    2,361 posts

Why is K Prentice driving still ? Surely once the B sample came back it is out the gate until the hearing. The shift in evidential probability is massive. You would be nice and dirty if he beat you home driving one while under this cloud.

Out as trainer but allowed to drive.
    edited January 2018
    Nathan Turvey/Shannon Suvaljko exacta $750.