G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 31 Non Members

Tennis 2018

Sport
PAULPAUL    2,665 posts
The first Grand Slam of the year, Australian Open, begins on Monday. 

ATP SCHEDULE 
Jan 15 - Australian Open 
Mar 5 - Indian Wells Masters (ATP Masters 1000) 
Mar 19 - Miami Open (ATP Masters 1000) 
Apr 16 - Monte Carlo Masters (ATP Masters 1000) 
May 7 - Madrid Open (ATP Masters 1000) 
May 14 - Italian Open (ATP Masters 1000) 
May 28 - French Open 
Jul 2 - Wimbledon 
Aug 6 - Canadian Open (ATP Masters 1000) 
Aug 13 - Cincinnati Masters (ATP Masters 1000) 
Aug 27 - US Open 
Oct 8 - Shanghai Masters (ATP Masters 1000) 
Oct 29 - Paris Masters (ATP Masters 1000) 
Nov 12 - ATP Finals 
+1 -1

therealkramer likes this post.

Comments

• PAULPAUL    2,665 posts
    edited January 2018
    The seedings and potential 3rd round opponents for the Australian Open.

TOP QUARTER
    Nadal (1), Dzumhur (28)
    Schwartzman (24), Isner (16)
    Carreno Busta (10), Muller (23)
    Cuevas (31), Cilic (6)

SECOND QUARTER
    Dimitrov (3), Rublev (30)
    Kyrgios (17), Tsonga (15)
    Anderson (11), Pouille (18)
    Kohlschreiber (27), Sock (8)

THIRD QUARTER
    Thiem (5), Mannarino (26)
    Bautista Agut (20), Wawrinka (9)
    Djokovic (14), Ramos-Vinolas (21)
    M. Zverev (32), A. Zverev (4)

BOTTOM QUARTER
    Goffin (7), Fognini (25)
    Berdych (19), del Potro (12)
    Querrey (13), Raonic (22)
    Gasquet (29), Federer (2)
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    If Nadal is anywhere near 100% he should at least make the semis. The other three qtrs of the draw are brutal
  • spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    Tomic counting his millions again. Just watched the news were this d...head got beat in Sydney i think walking off telling reporters he was going to count his millions. They then interviewed Roger how great could the distance be between these two . Roger i have forgot how many slams he has one and just gracious and engaging, and on the other hand you get the moron who calls himself a Australian cant they revoke his citizenship  or something

Thunderstruck, oldhendo likes this post.

• SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    I'm on Camila Giorgi at 100/1.

:>
  • rustyhrustyh    2,266 posts
    edited January 2018
    8-| 8-| ~X( X( (:|
    For those that don't do Tennis like me! 
    Check this action packed vid out! 
    :-bd

;))
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    SKIDS said:

I would like to be on Camila Giorgi. She is hot !!! :x

SKIDS, Thunderstruck likes this post.

rustyh said:

8-| 8-| ~X( X( (:|

For those that don't do Tennis like me! 
    Check this action packed vid out! 
    :-bd

;))

Is that Wimbledon grass I'm watching ???
    Her picture on the WTA website does not do her any favours then Deto
    detonator said:

SKIDS said:

I would like to be on Camila Giorgi. She is hot !!! :x

I watched her destroy Radwanska in the Sydney event. She puts it together and she's more than capable.

She looked extremely hot in her white top and frilly little pink skirt :-c
    spinking said:

Her picture on the WTA website does not do her any favours then Deto

Google her pics.... :x \:D/
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Stosur imploding again
    edited January 2018
    Tivers said:

Stosur imploding again

It wouldn't be an Australian Open without an early exit from Stosur, this being the third year in a row she has lost in the first round (lost to Kristyna Pliskova in '16 and Heather Watson in '17).
    edited January 2018
    PAUL said:

It wouldn't be an Australian Open without an early exit from Stosur

Summer tradition, similar to the cricket, it wouldn't be a cricket season without the obligatory win in the first Test for the Aussies at the 'Gabba.
    spinking said:

Tomic counting his millions again. Just watched the news were this d...head got beat in Sydney i think walking off telling reporters he was going to count his millions. They then interviewed Roger how great could the distance be between these two . Roger i have forgot how many slams he has one and just gracious and engaging, and on the other hand you get the moron who calls himself a Australian cant they revoke his citizenship  or something

Jesus, get a room. Your man love for Roger is even worse than it is for Joao. Is Roger going to cry like an attention seeking toddler if Rafa beats him again or will he actually be gracious in defeat? It's easy to be all regal when you're winning. Tomic just doesn't have the game to match his ambition-his acting out is him dealing with that.
    Here we go first JM now RF  how much room is there between your ears, no need to answer that your continual bagging of one of the worlds best jockeys and now one of the worlds best tennis players answers that question. Will not be pulling out the micrometer anytime soon
    spinking said:

Here we go first JM now RF  how much room is there between your ears, no need to answer that your continual bagging of one of the worlds best jockeys and now one of the worlds best tennis players answers that question. Will not be pulling out the micrometer anytime soon

Roger is a great, but his temperament is viewed through the favourable prism of continual winning. Do you remember what he was like before he was elite? I do. He was an entitled sook and mentally fragile. Tomic isn't a bad person because he doesn't have as much talent. Look at how the perception of Krygios has changed since he won a tournament.
    So if that's the case Kramer Roger went from being  a entitled and mentally fragile sook to one of the worlds best and stayed there for a long time. Meanwhile your pal MR I am a millionare get out of my face Tomic cant even get past a bloke ranked 218 in the world . All of this from a bloke who got to be ranked 17 in the world, who now doesn't even talk to the Australian davis cup captain who was his biggest ally. He isn't entered for any ATP tour level events for the next 6 weeks nor on the secondary challenger level. who seems to be more so the entitled mentally fragile sook to you. I know which one I would rather be. How do you get to be viewed through your favourable prism of winning if your not even out there?
    Fed's victory speech last year at the AO (when he came from a break down in the fifth to beat Rafa) made me laugh. He said in victory that he would have been happy to lose "too" considering his injury comeback etc etc.
    Easy to say that when you win. The look on Rafa's face when he blurted that out was priceless.

therealkramer likes this post.

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Massive comeback Thommo !
    detonator said:

Fed's victory speech last year at the AO (when he came from a break down in the fifth to beat Rafa) made me laugh. He said in victory that he would have been happy to lose "too" considering his injury comeback etc etc.
    Easy to say that when you win. The look on Rafa's face when he blurted that out was priceless.

Nadal beats Fed in every deparment. He makes him look bad which ever way you look at it.
  • rustyhrustyh    2,266 posts
    edited January 2018
    :-w :-?? 
    :|
    "Strange days indeed.....most peculiar mama"
    edited January 2018
    rustyh said:

ACA are a joke. It was the abc, not ch9, that reported on the cruel treatment of live exports but i suppose upsetting farmers isn't good for their ratings. Apparently China's pollution levels mean they can't produce clean spring water? Did they bother testing it?

rustyh likes this post.

APART FROM GRAND SLAMS YOU PEANUT

But then again you most probably say the same about Zac Purton

spinking said:

APART FROM GRAND SLAMS YOU PEANUT

You think he won't win another 4 in 5yrs? He's 31, Roger is 36. Rafa is automatic at Roland Garros and he was French Open champ at 19. Tell me again how long it took the Swiss champ to win his first? Get Roger's nuts out of your mouth, Joao is getting jealous.
    As you said somewhere before your above post says more about you than me . See you still cant give a reply about your favourable prisim of winning above

Oh sorry I forgot that would require intellect

I don't race bait like you. If Tomic's name was Jones or Smith you wouldn't be calling for his citizenship to be revoked. That says all I need to know about you, too. Hewitt is an embarrassment to this country but he gets a free pass because he won-albeit until your precious Fed arrived on the scene
    spinking said:

Oh sorry I forgot that would require intellect

See my post. Responding to the dog whistles of the media with a racist agenda doesn't make you intelligent. It's the most base of human emotions.
    Still cant come up with a intellectual response to your favourable prisim of winning comment Peterson oops I mean krammer