G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 13 Non Members

Optus Stadium

Sport
SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
edited January 2018 Sport
The first sporting event to be held at Optus (should be Perth) stadium is Australia v England in a One Day Match. A dead rubber. A non event.

Pity it isn't an event that actually means something.

Comments

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Yeah, but I think you can blame that on the Australian Cricket Team, not Perth Stadium management.

therealkramer, jum likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Still sold out as well, which is the goal at the end of the day
    Yes, if 110,000 could turn up and be happy yesterday with nothing to watch but grass grow, pretty sure any international cricket game will keep 55,000 entertained.

LuckyLongshots, SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

• LuckyLongshotsLuckyLongshots    4,270 posts
    Tivers said:

Yes, if 110,000 could turn up and be happy yesterday with nothing to watch but grass grow, pretty sure any international cricket game will keep 55,000 entertained.

Yep, will be there!
  • SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    Why should it be Perth Stadium?
    Optus are paying $50 million for the naming rights.
    Who cares what it's called, did anyone ever call Subi Oval anything other than Subi Oval? I didn't.

oldhendo likes this post.

Yep. Same as I always called Subi Oval that, I’ll always call Perth Stadium (that).
    I honestly couldn’t tell you what the Docklands stadium in MEL is currently called, and vice versa I couldn’t tell you which stadium is which in SYD - other than the SCG.
  • runyonrunyon    569 posts
    Got to get myself one of those $12.50 fishburgers. =P~
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited January 2018
    The hamburgers looked delicious too...a pattie , a dob of sauce and $9.50 thanks! They were $3 cheaper because minus the lettuce :O)

hash likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    water is the con...about 3 times more than petrol ffs... X(
    are these ridiculous prices due to the rent charged by venueslive?
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited January 2018
    Also though who's silly enough to pay the exorbitant prices for food way below standard ? People sometimes deserve what they get.

If won lotto twice over and that was the only food shop open and was super thirsty still wouldn't pay - you have to have some principle - it was like the ATM fees using for another bank - vote with your feet and walk away.

Two fish fingers ( that's battered processed hake or cod ) and a bit of lettuce for $12.50. Goodness gracious.
    I paid $5.00 for a pie - was delicious.
    The Albi (full strength) lager was delicious, and lethal !
    As a WACA member though it was a step down in facilities. I’m a member to go with a group of mates, stand around the bar and watch a bit of cricket. There was no option to do that...... sit in your seat, or stand around out back.
    Everyone complaining the same. Will be fireworks at WACA this morning.