G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 34 Non Members

South Africa Racing Group One - Amazing Dividend.

East Coast Racing
Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
edited January 2018 East Coast Racing
You don't see this happen too often , perhaps two or three times in a life time, have seen it happen and last night was another of those extremely rare occurrences.

Race 9. The Group One Sun Met from Kenilworth in South Africa.

First four horses home in the big field were the first four in the betting.

First # 20. Oh Susana ; third fave $6.50 fixed $6.30 tote.
Second # 12. Last Winter ; fourth fave $8 fixed and same tote.
Third # 3. Marinaresco ; second fave $4.80 fixed : $6 tote.
Fourth # 1. Legal Eagle ; favourite $3.90 fixed : $4.20 tote.

The four favourite's 1, 2, 3, 4 - we know that can occur - but the dividend on the first four a whacking $2725.40!! The trifecta also a handy $569.20.

Not too often you will see the four faves run 1,2,3,4 and receive dividends like the above.
+1 -1

savethegame likes this post.

Comments

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    There was also 532K in the first four pool. The other races carried at least 10 times less than this. Interesting :-?
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited January 2018
    Think was about a 73k jackpot going into the first four on the race Bomber...ya wouldn't credit in a field size of eighteen that the first four in the betting would run 1,2,3,4.. in the order of third fave, fourth fave, second fave and fave, you'd be very happy with the first four dividend of $2725.40 on that result.

The trifecta dividend of $569.20 with no jackpot attached not too bad either!
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    My opinion that  south Africa racing  is the best product for punters...

Big spacious tracks, none of this track bias crap they use the whole track very rare to see a runner denied a run in the straight , people that play south africia  have there favourites jockeys.

throw the colours in the room wouldn't worry you if they hit Marcus ,Delpech,  Strydom,, Van niekerk, Fourie, Cheyne, lerena, world class jockeys....... Van niekerk  will finish up a great world class jock.. most of the topboys have ridden more than a hundred trebles in there careers  and ride one in five..

Changing of the guard is just around the corner with strydom 52, delpech 49, Marcus 48,  If they

survive the jockey academy and able to handle 16 hour days riding work and flying to meetings 
    they all  have I am the best attitude ...kuhmalo is ready to come back another wizard in the pigskin... hewtison on the up.

How about the Australian bred colt traces smashed them by snitzel mother halfsister to master of designs.....13 racecard  w.a. bet on eleven of them where the future of punting lies with the carry on in melb.&Sydney racing....first four pools continue to grow at healthy rate..

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

edited January 2018
    Trifecta Dividend on race 7 the South Africa Derby last night paid $371.90 and first four dividend $18,480.30. Nice roughie for fourth but that's a great dividend.

There tracks are superb no doubt about it.

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    edited January 2018
    I have to strongly disagree here. Their tracks have the worst bias ive ever seen and it's because they persist with long home straights for the majority of their courses. Also if there's a place anywhere else on earth where more horses are withdrawn at the barriers then i would love to hear about it. Huge form reversals and jockeys obsessed with getting cover mean there is plenty of vaalue for punters but there's a reason why Kieran Foran went to wall and pretty much wrecked his NRL career betting on the SA nags....
    Kramer ;;Can't see for the life of me how a long straight would provide a bias.. thought the longer the straight  the  better to give horse more chance to get clear galloping  room. Granted the have a
    few horses scratched due barrier issues....last night there was 3 in one race due to a false start when one runner jumped ahead of the rest....

But with racing in every state of Australia barrier rogues finish up at outback tracks once a city trainer has given up on them, W.A. they then finish up in. places like Kalgoorlie Esperance, Albany
    and people say  those  tracks have a lot scratching at the gates....South africa its flamingo park... what   would  be the outback track.. where the top Sydney trainers dump them ?...
     Kieran Foran unfortunate very mixed up man. couldn't handle the fame blamed  everything else
    his own words, he was glad when he went to end his life the nurse told him Kieran you only took enough painkillers  to make yourself sick...I am glad he got a second chance, to blame it on south africa racing, Kramer..
    edited January 2018
    @savethegame Where do all the winners come from at Pinjarra at the 1000m start? Straight track racing is a mine field. It's not as obvious at starts that mean the field has to negotiate a bend for a few hundred metres but once the sprint races are run it becomes very apparent where the best going is-and don't get me started about  what happens when even the slightest amount of rain hits the track.
    Foolish of me to stick up for1000m races at Pinjarra they are a disgrace to the eleventh degree....as has been the  Flemington carnival  on  occasions .. Pinjarra for memory had its  season finish in april  days gone by ...Now they try to race through the winter its cow country water grass.hug the outside rail can't believe how two or three haven't clipped heels and gone through the   outside   rail (thank god it has happened)..

RWWA. should have purchased a farm be it in the wheatbelt or northeast of perth with nearer to a correct  safe rise in.degrees  . suitable for dual-code usage  2400m circumference  1400m straight..chute. no need to be grassed..
    with you Kramer  1000m races should be banned at Pinjarra......Track bias is usually a after the event experience, Pinjarra one is the worst.....But I would not have a bet in Sydney racing , the states leading trainer allows his manager back in after stealing of owners with sale of  horse to hong kong...  Stop and think melb. has five top so called track walkers that want 16 runners one out and one back one of the fence with cover one pair back the jockeys spend the whole race.trying to get to that one spot....      South Africa  I enjoy punting on. the form does holdup.as does the top jockeys remarkable win % 
    HK(Sha Tin) is the same from the 1000m shute though. The outside fence is dynamite. I've never, ever seen a horse draw low and stick to the inside.

edited January 2018
    The other time saw this rare result think it was at Caulfield and a big sprint race, very wide open around $7 the field - there were just four horses under $10 .

Strike me pink - they've run 1,2,3,4 - and just like last nights result a trifecta dividend of over $500 and a first four dividend upwards of $2500.

It's rare and could possibly go another fifty years before see it again - but it does happen!
    Riders the lady that owns the winner oh sussana Gaynor Rupert  along with her husbands  net worth   is close to 8 billion second richest couple in south Africa ......  oh sussana   the first three  filly   to win the group 1 sun.met since 1905 her stablemate that  also    won last night snowdance beat oh susanna by three lengths at there previous start... wonder if gaynor got the first four ha. ha.Husband is said to be a recluse

• runyonrunyon    569 posts
    Not a bad trifecta divvie in Race 6 either. 14 horse field. The favourite won, the 2nd favourite came 2nd and the 7th horse in the betting came 3rd. $417.00
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    Gaynor Rupert has paid millions of dollars to buy Duke of Marmalade for her stud.
      Riders Have put van niekerk under pressure tonight 3 or more winners required,None of the top jocks, delpech, Marcus, strydom... are riding Richard fourie  could throw the spanner in the works,try and get the right mix in the multis

Big spacious tracks, none of this track bias crap they use the whole track very rare to see a runner denied a run in the straight , people that play south africia  have there favourites jockeys.

throw the colours in the room wouldn't worry you if they hit Marcus ,Delpech,  Strydom,, Van niekerk, Fourie, Cheyne, lerena, world class jockeys....... Van niekerk  will finish up a great world class jock.. 

Grant van niekirk  first day resulted in a double at hong kong on sunday...the other ex. south afriican callan murray  first day resulted in a broken nose and a suspension...Van Niekerk was in brilliant form dec.jan.      june  july he was ordinary..His best asset how hard he tries whether there 6/4 or 50s he does  get  in trouble with stewards with his no fear attitude ..No hope of winning the premiership in his first year, like to back him to ride the longest priced winner of the season at honkers. 

Grant van niekirk  first day resulted in a double at hong kong on sunday...the other ex. south afriican callan murray  first day resulted in a broken nose and a suspension...Van Niekerk was in brilliant form dec.jan.      june  july he was ordinary..His best asset how hard he tries whether there 6/4 or 50s he does  get  in trouble with stewards with his no fear attitude ..No hope of winning the premiership in his first year, like to back him to ride the longest priced winner of the season at honkers. 
    last night  $54 winner be close to the longest price winner so far this season....rode the gate hard from bar10.on a 50s chance..  like it was 5s...... 

therealkramer likes this post.

poon trumps vanniekirk with  $ 90 winner today;;;  van niekirk  just got beat on $165 chance paid $35 the place later on in the program.
    edited January 2019
    What about the 100/1 winner in a six horse field in Hong Kong today! The amount of roughies that roll in at Honkers...sheeeeesh.
    edited January 2019
    Yes stg just realised they were Hong Kong you were talking about...the corporate bet365 was betting 100/1 the $90 tote winner. Just six in the field.

The $35 place getter went very close.
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    Wouldn't bet on Hong Kong or Singapore with yours. Too many stories I could tell.. Admittedly from the past

last night  $54 winner be close to the longest price winner so far this season....rode the gate hard from bar10.on a 50s chance..  like it was 5s...... 
    Now should be hard to beat haven't followed close lately $167.00 winner, tonight
    edited April 2019

Wouldn't bet on Hong Kong or Singapore with yours. Too many stories I could tell.. Admittedly from the past

You're the biggest fan of UK racing on here @SLIPPERGOLDEN . Can you tell me a story about Soumillon's ride on the $2.6fav Royal Marine, in the Craven Stakes last night? The winner, Skardu, was backed too $7.50-$4  ;) :-@ :-$

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited April 2019
    Thank you Kramer for your request to respond. Do I have to? My opinion would not differ from yours so consider it for the next main event. Soumillon has never been a favourite of mine.

Hey Kramer I thought this was a South African thread not UK

Now should be hard to beat haven't followed close lately $167.00 winner, tonight
    Only on one chance today have look at the ride;;; Grant vanniekerk in the last  at on flying thunder took about going were angels fear to tread,even lent down to adjust his iron 50 metres after jump.