G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 38 Non Members

Have You Ever Had Your Horse Race and You Didn’t Know

West Australian Racing
Like the title says girls and guys have you ever had a horse of yours run and you not know it was running?

It’s happened to me twice once it won and another time run third.

If not how do you reckon you would take it?

Comments

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    depends whose at fault?
  • Thoroly_BreadThoroly_Bread    2,311 posts
    Can only be the trainer or managing owner, managing owner said he wasn’t told..?
    Edit: that’s for the second time
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    edited March 2018
    Id be ringing the trainer to find out, Someone is telling Porky Pies
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    can I have a few bucks on the managing owner being the culprit?

Thoroly_Bread likes this post.

TB you must be too big a punter and they didn't want you ruining their price  :P

Thoroly_Bread likes this post.

• RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    Why don't you blackbook your own horse and the TAB will send you a text when it's running  =))

SLIPPERGOLDEN, Notapuntas likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Heard of it happening a few times before the internet age. Blackbooks stop this from happening in this day and age and you arnt relying on a person to tell you.
    Rodent said:

Why don't you blackbook your own horse and the TAB will send you a text when it's running  =))

I know but I have sort of staying away from the punt unless my horses are running so never black booked it guess I might of went a big over the top my throats still sore from yelling
    Just pissed been going $200ew and it run third and paid $5.2 the place thought fuck it’s not that hard
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts

Beat the shite out of the Managing Owner the first time and then do the same to the trainer the next time.

Then book my final meeting with the stewards.

Totally unacceptable. Pathetic. No excuse.
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    No excuse. Too easy to inform all the horse is running

If you establish your horse has run and cost you punting dollars it is akin to finding out your woman has played up on you. Somebody got the pleasure out of your 'investment' without your knowledge.

paraletic likes this post.

I felt pretty much the way Rio has put it. I was gutted and beyond angry.

RIO likes this post.

• SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts

I felt pretty much the way Rio has put it. I was gutted and beyond angry.

My mate Glen wasn't a part owner in that one was he? Trained by SV?
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    If its a horse in perth the  all owners should get an email of nomination and acceptance. Before that, the people i look after (and myself haha) check CRIS 20 times per day so they are all over it.

Eastern states runner was it? Not sure how that works then
    my initial thought was that it is an e. states horse. some have scores of owners..some in the hundreds.
    ive had a victorian horse running around the country tracks previously and used to get an SMS from Racing Victoria  upon acceptance and i would also get one from the respective club which featured a link to the hospitality available on the day (that was a very good touch as well, clubs here should do that if they are not already). this was about 5 years ago now so who knows what is happening these days. 

Not sure about NSW, SA or Qld. 

RIO likes this post.

funnily enough for the first time ever today I received an email from [email protected] notifying me that my horse was accepted and racing this Sunday

can't say i've ever received one but assuming your registered and your name is on the horse ownership then you should have or will from now on receive these emails TB
  • saxonsaxoffsaxonsaxoff    179 posts
    hash said:

funnily enough for the first time ever today I received an email from [email protected] notifying me that my horse was accepted and racing this Sunday

can't say i've ever received one but assuming your registered and your name is on the horse ownership then you should have or will from now on receive these emails TB
    yeah this is an odd one. I never get these emails but my mate with shares in the same horses always gets them. I just blackbook my own horses to make sure I never miss them. 
    ^^ does rwwa have your email addy?
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    they get your email when you register as an owner for the horse. 
    I get maybe one in 10 emails from RWWA... not sure how it works.. but they come thru on some horses and not others. 
    some trainers have stable eyes and it will tell you of a nomination automatically by email.

I use a system Chris designed for me. I send a text and an email with every update including nomination, acceptance, form before the race, result and replay after the race and the odd picture and video along the way. There is NO chance any of my owners will miss a race... NONE. 

RIO likes this post.

• saxonsaxoffsaxonsaxoff    179 posts
    thefalcon said:

yep was on the same ownership form as the rest of the owners. doesn't bother me as I know when they are going around anyway. 

hash likes this post.

hash said:

Yep registered as the owner in the book I have never had an email ever and I put my email on the registration form, it’s a WA horse.
    thefalcon said:

my initial thought was that it is an e. states horse. some have scores of owners..some in the hundreds.

Hey Falc WA horse.
    They backed the bastard up 6 days after running 20l behind I though it had bleed or something so I didn’t think to look that soon.

One of the other owners text me after it run going mental.
    thefalcon said:

Normal 10 owner horse I have 20% pay my bill on the day I get it every month.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts

thefalcon said:

Normal 10 owner horse I have 20% pay my bill on the day I get it every month.

I'm glad you felt like doing the same as i suggested, but didn't. Now with have this bit of info......I wouldn't be able to restrain myself.

Arsewipes like that, need to be treated in the same manner they treat others. Don't waste time and energy with the integrity department. Unless your a "known" owner you are only having a whinge and wasting their time. Well that is the response i get. I'm old, fat and ugly so i'd go and get in the trainers face to make sure that shite don't happen again.....
    what price did it pay when it won? 
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    paraletic said:

what price did it pay when it won? 

X_X X_X X_X %-( %-( %-(
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts

thefalcon said:

yep was on the same ownership form as the rest of the owners. doesn't bother me as I know when they are going around anyway. 
    Just ping them an email and ask them to add your address to the horse.
    They're very accomodating - even apologetic that it's not already (if you've provided details)