G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 1 Non Members

Comments worth a post but not a thread

West Australian Racing
This has been a good thread in the exclusive harness forum on this website so we'll give it a go here.

I'll kick us off; Why do most punters not like betting on Gero?
+1 -1

detonator likes this post.

Comments

• jumjum    3,512 posts

Horses only win whens it there "Turn" up there. And stewards will do nothing about it.

Nothing to see here, move on ole chap.

<:-P

detonator, whipitgood likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    for some reason very few horses string together anymore than 2 runs. At most tracks that support a local racing industry, once a horse gets in form it wins, and wins and wins......Just doesn't seem to be the case in Gero.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ditto Kalgoorlie..

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    Chris said:

Why do most punters not like betting on Gero?
    i'll tell you in half an hour if Trademark gets beaten in race 6

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    hash said:

Chris said:

Why do most punters not like betting on Gero?
    i'll tell you in half an hour if Trademark gets beaten in race 6

=))

RIO likes this post.

• chocchoc    788 posts
    The first rule about betting in Geraldton:
    Don’t bet in Geraldton.

Childs & Markou anyone? [-X

RIO, detonator, jum, whipitgood likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    edited March 2018
    I don't bet on Gero because I don't do "picnic races".

RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Just to test my luck due to this thread (F..k you Chris) i bet on the last 2 races. A massive 2 x 3  on you guessed it...Both winners!!!! hahaha Unless i have one running up there I'll never go back
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Gero and Narrogin. The bermuda triangle for punting money. Lucky for me im having a freshen up and didnt bet this week.

• darkshinesdarkshines    2,837 posts
    Windy, sporadic and inaccurate timing and sectionals, trainers who can't get horses to run two races alike.

And now they go with a cutaway ...

• JellJell    1,201 posts
    edited March 2018
    Gero... NO GO!

Toodyay... NO WAY!

Narrogin... THROW IT IN THE BIN!

Kal... YOU'RE KIDDING YOURSELF PAL!

All other tracks are good to receive my hard earned.

Except the 1000m straight at Pinjarra. That can go and get... X(

detonator, jum, oldhendo, Coldy likes this post.

• ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Why is it so hard to back a winner in the straight? It’s a joke amongst my mates that we nearly rolled Black Caviar in the UK because it was a straight race.

hash likes this post.

easy answer - straight racing is testing for jockeys not knowing when to time their runs and let their horses go etc etc unlike racing around a bend and letting them go "at the clocktower"

riding in those 1000m & 1200m straight races takes a good sense of judgmnent and brains, two things certain jocks don't have  :-\"

RIO, AceV likes this post.

• ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    edited March 2018
    You could be like Dr Karl hashy
    we should start a segment on here, every Thursday forum members post their questions, no limit as to what can be asked and i'll answer every one of them.... sound original?  :D
  • JellJell    1,201 posts
    hash said:

we should start a segment on here, every Thursday forum members post their questions, no limit as to what can be asked and i'll answer every one of them.... sound original?  :D

I’ll kick it off in advance.

What is your credit card number, expiry, security code and name on the card ;))

RIO, paraletic, jum, Chelsea likes this post.

nice try Mr John Citizen... jokes aside if you tried to use my credit card i'd be the one having the last laugh cause there's nothing on it  =))

paraletic likes this post.

• NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts
    hash said:

easy answer - straight racing is testing for jockeys not knowing when to time their runs and let their horses go etc etc unlike racing around a bend and letting them go "at the clocktower"

riding in those 1000m & 1200m straight races takes a good sense of judgmnent and brains, two things certain jocks don't have  :-\"
    I'm pretty sure the 400m mark is the 400m mark whether you've come round a bend or not, so is the 200m mark. If a jockey finds it harder to work out up a straight race then ef me, were all farked

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    Question, where is the man they call @dungy?

I havent been as active here over the last couple of months, did he have a melt down or something or just having some time off?

Come to think of it I havent seen a comment from @brady for a while either!
    i'm tipping they're less than a week away from making a return 
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

Question, where is the man they call @dungy?

I havent been as active here over the last couple of months, did he have a melt down or something or just having some time off?

Come to think of it I havent seen a comment from @brady for a while either!

Gilga, Brady came to the PTT day we had at Ascot a few weeks ago that Jell organised. Good fella.

brady, Gilgamesh, RIO likes this post.

dungy will be back on Thursday night... ;)
  • bradybrady    1,452 posts
    Dungy
    Only pops up during the Footy season
    Esp when West Coast gets beat !
    Ha ha
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    brady said:

Dungy
    Only pops up during the Footy season
    Esp when West Coast gets beat !
    Ha ha

No footy and Miller runers winning races, he has no topics to focus on!
  • SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    Pies will surprise :-\"

oldhendo likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Peta Edwards riding up in Geraldton. I see she has come back from 4 or 5 years out of WA racing. Does anyone know her story??? Don't recall anything about her. Has she been riding elsewhere or????
  • FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    For the Good Friday meet, is the rail going to be out like a midweek, since there is racing the next day? If it was a total midweek card that would be fine but there are two $150k 2yo races on and it just doesn’t seem right if it’s out. We all know it has an effect. Maybe those major Karrakatta lead-up races should be on the Saturday and the Good Friday card is simply a midweek. The crowd will still come

thefalcon likes this post.

you are correct, flanders, 99% of the crowd will be there for a few beers and a hot dog they will not give a stuff about the races...
  • spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    So Bruce Mcavaney in this mornings paper thinks it is there job to compare the champions of the turf. Cant take this bloke seriously when he doesn't even have Makebe Diva in his list of  greats he has seen

oldhendo, Coldy, Chelsea likes this post.

• The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    edited March 2018
    It's not often you see a horse finish the race without the rider in the saddle and still be declared a runner. Such was the case in race 6 @ Naracoorte today. The horse ducked out from underneath Eran Boyd right before the post. Worth a watch.