Sport
rustyhrustyh    2,266 posts
:|
Sport is nearly rooted!
Destroyed, modified, changed. 
Big dollars bring big bulllshiit.
Never thought I would see the day where I just don't give a big fat rats hairy testicle about any sport now. 
It's all about the 'drama'. It's a distraction. 
As George Orwell wrote........"Heavy physical work, the care of home and children, petty quarrels with neighbors, films, football, beer and above all, gambling filled up the horizon of their minds. To keep them in control was not difficult.” 
― George Orwell1984

Sad.

Comments

• bradybrady    1,452 posts
    You're becoming a whinging old Fart !

rustyh dislikes this post.

• PAULPAUL    2,665 posts
    edited March 2018
    I hope that headline doesn't correlate to the Sport section on this forum otherwise I'm going to need to find something else to do with my spare time. [-( %-(

Thunderstruck, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• rustyhrustyh    2,266 posts
    edited March 2018
    :!! :-h
    Signing out in case I offend anyone else.

8-|
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    There's more money in the NBA than ever before and I'd rather watch it than anything else.
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    commonwealth games n.z. laurel hubbard used to lift 330 kilos as bloke should be had to beat in the womens  90kg weightlifting as transgender  two- stone lighter       there betting 1.08  no-eachway.....whats everything coming to.

Ridersonthestorm33, savethegame likes this post.

Darrell Eastlake  trade mark oh my god might be applicable here.....What he and dean lukin got
    away with at 2006 commonwealth games late night comments regards the weightlifting what I thought was humorous .... I imagine with the changing landscape it would be frowned upon..nowadays

tabtouch could come up with several markets regards womens 90kg +

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    Some of the commentary, can they be that careless?!! In regards to the Caribbean beach volleyball and a Chinese team in something else.

It's pretty harmless just the same, but blimey some commentators still fall for the three card trick.
  • runyonrunyon    569 posts

Darrell Eastlake  trade mark oh my god might be applicable here.....What he and dean lukin got
    away with at 2006 commonwealth games late night comments regards the weightlifting what I thought was humorous .... I imagine with the changing landscape it would be frowned upon..nowadays

tabtouch could come up with several markets regards womens 90kg +
    Pat Glenn, weightlifting commentator-"And this is Gregoriava from Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning and it was amazing!"
    :))

Thunderstruck, savethegame, jum, hash, Manchild likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    =)) =))
    Found a few eastlakes and lukins;;;

95 up it goes Oh  no trouble, no trouble,;;;;Well that was a breeze for Michaela Breeze....
               Absolutely;;

Won the snatch. Oh brilliant effort,brillant effort
               Oh nothing feels as good as a nice snatch,and that's one of 'em

Lovely lovely lovely lovely lovely  lovely snatchin.

Thunderstruck, Manchild likes this post.

edited April 2018
    Here's a few and yes 100% exact quote as said in live commentary on sports.

'And here's Moses Kiptanui, the 19 year old Kenyan who turned 20 a few weeks ago'.

Bobby Robson the England football manager after playing Cameroon in the 1990 World Cup finals.
    'We didn't underestimate them. They were just a lot better than we thought'.

This one from a live radio broadcast. 'Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on the field'.

From horse racing commentator Ted Walsh.
    'This is a really lovely horse, i once rode her mother'.
    Remember being in the Perth Hay Street Tab for the match race between Better Loosen Up and Let's Elope. Great commentator John Russell was the caller. The Tab was lunchtime full, in the run you could hear a pin drop.

John called 'We have a new leader' ...look he was right but for some reason the whole Tab just lost it.

There was a beauty in the famous boat race they have between Oxford and Cambridge.
    ' I can't tell who's leading. It's either Oxford or Cambridge'.

savethegame likes this post.

• tonytony    2,361 posts
    A couple of cricket gems from Brian Johnston

The batsman is Holding the bowler's Willey.

Illingworth has relieved himself at the nursery end.

That is Neil Harvey at leg slip with his legs wide apart wailing for a tickle.

savethegame, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

GOLFER   ---- Greg Norman  I owe a lot to my parents----especially  my mother and father...

RINGSIDE BOXING ANALYST------sure there have been injuries and some deaths in boxing but none of them  really that   serious..

US OPEN  TV COMMENTATOR-----One of the reasons Mickleson  is playing so well, before each    final  round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them........Oh my god what have I just said?

Christy Moore on you tube the ballard of champion  irish jumps jockey ruby walsh, son of  Ted walsh  bit humour when you listen to the words

Ridersonthestorm33, Manchild likes this post.

How would this one go down today ?

From the Crystal Palace chairman in 1991.

'The black players at this club lend the side a lot of skill and flair, but you also need white players in there to balance things up and give the team some brains and commonsense'. 8-|
  • spinkingspinking    3,738 posts

Geez imagine him saying that now

• jumjum    3,512 posts

'The black players at this club lend the side a lot of skill and flair, but you also need white players in there to balance things up and give the team some brains and commonsense'. 8-|

FARRKENN HELL
    :-B

commonwealth games n.z. laurel hubbard used to lift 330 kilos as bloke should be hard to beat in the womens  90kg weightlifting as transgender  two- stone lighter       there betting 1.08  no-eachway.....whats everything coming to.
    broke down this afternoon done the elbow -in... was leading the cling and jerk by 7kgs...said she was one of the shortest prices favs for  the games. reminds me  about ajax he got beat at 40/1on
  • loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts

Like watching re runs of Love Thy Neigbour now - cringe worthy

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• PAULPAUL    2,665 posts
    edited April 2018

Been reported on the news this morning that Darrell Eastlake has died.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-19/darrell-eastlake-dies-aged-75-reports/9674564
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    PAUL said:

Been reported on the news this morning that Darrell Eastlake has died.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-19/darrell-eastlake-dies-aged-75-reports/9674564
    He hasn't been well for a while. It was only a matter of time. RIP

Thunderstruck, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.