G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

1 Members & 30 Non Members

Mark ‘Bomber’ Thompson

Sport
hashhash    7,495 posts
edited April 2018 Sport
why has it taken so long for the results of the search to be made public if the raid was done back in Janurary

MATTHEW Lloyd says “it’s so sad to see what’s become” of Mark ‘Bomber’ Thompson, after a court heard ecstasy tablets and ice pipes were found in his bedroom during a raid on the decorated AFL star’s home.
Thompson’s house was raided in early January, where various drugs and paraphernalia were seized, including a large amount of MDMA.

While Thompson has not been formally charged, the Geelong Advertiser is reporting that police will not rule out the premiership player and coach as a “person of interest” in its investigation.

Police have alleged Thompson’s DNA was found on packaging containing ice, amphetamines and an LSD tablet.

Lloyd said it was unfathomable to think how Thompson’s life had spiralled out of control.

“He was my first ever captain and one of the most respected people I’ve ever been involved with in football,” Lloyd said on Footy Classified.

“It’ so sad to see what’s become of Mark of late.”

A man living with Thompson - 28-year-old Thomas Windsor - was charged with trafficking commercial quantities of ecstasy, ice and amphetamines after the raid.

Windsor fronted court to apply for bail on Monday, but police strongly urged against such action.

Thompson was receiving $300 in rent per week from Windsor at the time of his arrest, while also paying for a rental car for his tenant.

Police refused to rule out a correlation between Thompson and the 839g of MDMA seized earlier this year.

Xanax tablets, digital scales and a number of clear resealable bags were also found in Thompson’s locked bedroom during the January raid.

Thompson has not been seen since he flew to Los Angeles in the immediate aftermath of the raid on his home

Comments

• MoonrakerMoonraker    99 posts

I presume the delay would be due to the police continuing to gather evidence against him - ie getting Windsor to turn.

I see he has now been arrested and released on bail.

• licklick    305 posts
    Ice - the scourge of Australia.
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Wasn't Bunbury voted the ice capital of Australia in recent times ?
    Out of control. Too easy to get. Destroying families.
    Bong on I say.
    @-) @-)

jum likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    No time for iceheads or druggies of any description..occasional dooby maybe not so bad but i also think full on stoners are vvankers too, research says excess mary jane dumbs most people down and we are already overloaded with morons.

#stockuponkygelthommoyoudipshit :))
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts

No time for iceheads or druggies of any description..occasional dooby maybe not so bad but i also think full on stoners are vvankers too, research says excess mary jane dumbs most people down and we are already overloaded with morons.

Or we could just consume that legal drug alcohol and "one punch" each other out !!!
    Pass me the bong man and the pizza slice.

jum likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    I believe there is a term in law (innocent till proven guilty) think we should just hold our collective breath and see which way this one pans out
  • SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    He's always been open about it....

• SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts

detonator, spinking, bigorangecat likes this post.

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    detonator said:

Or we could just consume that legal drug alcohol and "one punch" each other out !!!
    Pass me the bong man and the pizza slice.

detonator likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    See this scenario is back in the news.

Whoever dabbles in drugs has to accept the Mental Health and Legal issues that follow. I'm pretty sure Bomber realizes that, and is continuing to appear to be open and honest about his situation.

The damage done to so many during the Essendon drugs time. And the Eagles and a few other clubs during the 00's will be ongoing for many years. You hear the rhetoric about having a clubs full support but seriously...how can a man like him be left to his owen devices, by so many within the footy world???

We talk about player welfare, now we also have to be inclusive of coaching welfare.There is not too many people in our communities that have so many people go from $2-500k per year(or more), and everything they do up in lights to Nothing. NO income, NO attention, NO future. Its a hard to path to walk for anyone.

Lets hope the majority of clubs in the AFL learn something from this. An get the AFL to put aside a quite few dollars to make sure departing coaches have a health and well being officer or 2 to help them transition. In the AFL every team has about 10 coaches it seems and every year there has to be a few that get sacked and cast to the side, or retires. They may all need help to readjust. They may just need someone to talk things over with, and after having a team around them for many years not know how to do it.

Anyway, i think the AFL needs get on the front foot and do all they can to ensure the champions of our game - and every contributor for that matter - has real options to turn to, instead of the direction Bomber has gone in.

oldhendo likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Which bit @TheDiva that he wasn't a dealer??

In that industry people regularly buy what they can afford to buy. As most people are unable to work they have very little spare money. Bomber is sitting there with a a few Million in his account. So instead of buying 2 or 3 baggies, he probably bought 20 at a time.Just cos he could. Every time the dealer asked him if he needed more, he'd probably say YES, to keep the dealer happy and because he could afford it. DO that for a month and he probably had an extra week or two of supply up his sleeve. In the drug world a bloke like him woudl have a few hanger oners in their social life that they woudl supply the excess to for free. As bomber was a prisoner in his own mind and home, he went nowhere. So his excess woudl just keep building up.

If he had  dozen groupies, hanger oners in his life, then yep i'd be a bit skeptical about his explanation....But if he was as devoid of friends and social interaction, then i'd be inclined to belief him

rooboy likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
     a few parts dont add up to me.
    the bikie associate just knocking on his door
    the fact he has scales because he "just liked to weigh" 
    the fact they found 480 odd pills there... that is not stocking up... that is supply! 
    might have started as a user... but it moved on from there i would say. 
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    TheDiva said:

a few parts dont add up to me.

the bikie associate just knocking on his door
    the fact he has scales because he "just liked to weigh" 
    the fact they found 480 odd pills there... that is not stocking up... that is supply! 
    might have started as a user... but it moved on from there i would say. 
    Spot on Diva.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    edited June 2019
    Fair call. I wouldn't think so but. he would've knocked on his door to sell him some drugs...no issue about that. Bomber freely admits he was poop scared of the man once he moved in,. so there is no way he would now feel like selling him out to the courts anymore than he as to, to save his own ass.

people with money don't care about spending a couple of grand on drugs to make themselves feel important. it really is a fugged up existence in that drug up world. So if you don't have anyone to give them to, or share them with, they quickly build up.

Anyway i see where your coming from but i also 100% believe that he could easily build up within a month or two that sort of excess. 

I'll give you another example of how it can happen... Drug dealer knows bomber has poop loads of money. He says "hey bomber my suppler is giving me a hard time about some money i owe him. Do you mind buying a couple of hundred hits for me, so i can pay him off and then i'll pay for them from you when i need them" Now he is acting like a bank for a mate, but it could easily look like a dealer to others.

The druggy world is a poop place to be, and a trap for the naive and desperate. I think Bomber is in the naive category. Whatever the outcome of this trial, i hope he is off the poop and heading in the right direction....