G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 25 Non Members

WA Stallion Service Fee's for 2108

Breeding
DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
Playing God to my knowledge is the first Stallion to come out with a new pricing structure for upcoming season. He goes from last year at $4,400 as he also did for the two preceding seasons having stood in his maiden year for $6,600, to this upcoming season standing at $11,000.

The phone has been running hot since the price came out. Some are asking should they raise their prices as well, others are just asking for an opinion.

Interesting season coming up.

Comments

• silkysilky    342 posts
    Off the back of 1 winner by a nose??? Uni Ruler and Demerit have produced a few handy ones of late so I wonder what their fee will be?? I would have been happy to support PG with 2 nice mares which matched well, had they kept his service fee around 6-7k and trading down but 10k, that's just being greedy. Not too worried if you can trade down from 10k, will be going elsewhere. Might take them east to Holy Roman Emperor or Al Maher in the same sort of price range except they've got the runs on the board. Gee you hear studs saying how hard it is to get numbers and want you to breed local and they come up with this

RIO, jum, Tucool likes this post.

Some more 2018 stallion fees released

Snippetson - $6600(same as 2017)
    Universal Ruler - $4950(up from $3850)
    Dash for Cash - $2750(same)

Patronize - $4400(same)
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    edited May 2018
    Silky - Al Maher is GREAT value at $9,900.
    We've been supporting him for a few years now (oldest are Yearlings), couldn't be happier - and he's been getting cheaper as we've gone along. (v's PG at $11k !)

TheFunkster likes this post.

Tivers said:

Silky - Al Maher is GREAT value at $9,900.

We've been supporting him for a few years now (oldest are Yearlings), couldn't be happier - and he's been getting cheaper as we've gone along. (v's PG at $11k !)
    Sure is great value Tivs.. The number of mares he's covered is slowly dropping too. I wish one of the studs over here would make a play for him now Blackfriars is gone. Id say he'd be well supported
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Bit old to take that chance I’d think.
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    Demerit has also had a price rise to $5,500 up from $3,300

Planet Five has been retired
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Just seen Mungrup has a new yanky sire called A Lot. Been on their website to have a look. Anyone going to have a go?
    Will be interesting to see if Breeders support WA based Stallions or if numbers increase on Interstate matings. Another Gr 1 winning Stallion from a producing family will be required inside the next three years as our senior ranks are thinning out. Until then its Snippetson, Universal Ruler and Demerit for Danehill mares and Awesome Rock for the rest.

Not that anyone is interested in my opinion I was recently publicly told................
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts

Not that anyone is interested in my opinion I was recently publicly told................
    Its the reality of those who give opinions Damo..the silent minority get sick of it...the ultra negative line you up for an easy attack...but watch how many replace you with opinions....VERY FEW, bunch of gutless wonders hiding behind quirky names...Although i am very confident that you are as concerned about "their" opinion about as much as i am !!! haha

jum likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    RIO said:

Its the reality of those who give opinions Damo..the silent minority get sick of it...the ultra negative line you up for an easy attack...but watch how many replace you with opinions....VERY FEW, bunch of gutless wonders hiding behind quirky names...Although i am very confident that you are as concerned about "their" opinion about as much as i am !!! haha

=D> =D> ;))