G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 15 Non Members
Who was the other caller that subbed in?

Comments

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    congrats to Emma Stent, broke back into the winners circle today for the first time since returning to the saddle just over a month ago  =D>

lowza24 likes this post.

• ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Few beers in Kal tonight after that last winner got home
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    hash said:

congrats to Emma Stent, broke back into the winners circle today for the first time since returning to the saddle just over a month ago  =D>

...and cost me the quaddy and treble  :((
    Thoughts about Kal;

If you want to punt Kal you have to commit to it. It's Sunday religion.
    Fernie's horses will get better as the season goes on.
    Brodie is in for a big season.
    Track form matters.

RIO, jum likes this post.

quiet day for Brodie Kirby yesterday.... Mitchy Pateman on the other hand, 3 wins and a third ^:)^
    took out the jockey challenge after the tab installed his the $3 underdog behind BK ($2) 

@Ridersonthestorm33 do the bookies even do form for these jockey challenge markets or do they just put up the in form jock at the time who rides well at that particular track...

jum likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited May 2018
    See that roughie in the betting J.Kokotajlo got up for the quinella spot and paid $31.
    Somebody must do the form then all corps follow in. What a tricky market to frame though ( in a way ).

One other thing and there must be a reason to it, but surely week after week when Pikey is $1.01 apart from why bother, but wouldn't it also make sense to frame another market with the wizard out of it ? Dosent that generate betting ?

He starts at $1.01 fairly often - what's the point ? Also when he's $1.01 there's no quinella betting. So we have a hoop at $1.01, they bar the quinella ( on Tabtouch ) yep that makes a lot of sense - get real - get serious and when Pikes a $1.01 - do another market with him out of it.

Chris likes this post.

best way for someone to frame their own market would be to take every riders mounts, the fixed odds of each runner, current form and give them some sort of points system....
    the only two factors you'd need to consider were 
    1) how many rides the jockey has
    2) the actual chance of the horse running top 3 whether that be done by form, fixed prices or both

I done it yesterday in a matter of minutes and found Pateman as a clear standout and where I saw they had him $3 behind Kirby who was a $2 fav I was quick to jump on it!

@Ridersonthestorm33 are you any good with spreadsheets and pie charts etc
    Pateman rode very well yesterday

RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Chris said:

Pateman rode very well yesterday

he does so regularly
  • MuldoonMuldoon    317 posts
    Just watched the replay of Race 6 cannot believe 4th against 3rd was not upheld, Jockeys action on 3rd horse with whip almost extending out 90 degree has struck or made Chhaya shy at least twice twice and be checked before the 200m. Surely that cannot be a legal whip action ?

An objection lodged by Jockey R Hill rider of 4th placed (CHHAYA) against 3rd placed DON'T
    SPEED (J Kokotajlo), alleging interference passing the 150m was dismissed. In consideration
    Stewards were of the opinion that although DON’T SPEED had lay in at that stage and CHHAYA
    had appeared to be inconvenienced and baulk from the whip of Jockey Kokotajlo, Stewards
    could not be totally satisfied that the interference received was greater than the resultant margin
    between the runners at the finish. Stewards also noted that both horses had finished the race off
    over the final 100m in a similar manner
  • MuldoonMuldoon    317 posts
    Screenshot
    png
    png
    CHHAYA.png
    edited May 2018
    Not wrong...after watching replay if had been on the third horse a place or trifecta..very nervous. Must have gone very close to being upheld. Am fairly conservative on them too...needs a lot to happen for me to say upheld, that looked borderline to the finest degree.
    edited May 2018
    Not the best @Hash on the spreadsheets...good points you make though.

The bet like to do on the JC is this....wait until two hoops dominate the market, so it's basically 8/1 and better bar those two, take those two jockeys in quinellas with all those longer priced hoops but NOT with each other...so you only need one of them to come first or second, get a longer priced hoop in the Q with them and bingo you can at least double your money.

Happy to take around even money to 6/4 ($2.50) that they won't run the quinella. What have found is that one of them has a good day and the other one quite often does not. Have to wait until the market is just right though. In other words it's just a 'reverse' bet..if there $1.50 to run the quinella, I'm taking $2.50 they won't.
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    @chris Kal has you now 8-X :-SS

Chris likes this post.

Take me.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ^^ been trying to take you to lunch for yonks...no reply... [-X
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    Chris said:

Take me.

Careful what you wish for. Kal has taken more souls than Lucifer >:)