+1 -1

jum likes this post.

Comments

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
    Beat The Bell
    Delany
    No Ordinary Girl
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    R7 Portalian - very good 1st up run, drawn well and Mcgruddy steers again.Giddyup!!
  • rooboyrooboy    1,421 posts
    Koranis to start the day off!Was wide the trip last start and stuck on.
    1400 a plus and Blinkers on!
  • JellJell    1,201 posts
    I was planning to have a 6 week break while over here but I've noticed some of the local betting shops such as William Hill and Ladbrokes are putting up obscene odds for some runners, after checking what was put up for last Saturday.

I might have to have a little look and take advantage $-)

jum likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    @Jell how/why are the odds any different to what you'd get online?
    I am assuming your over in Wngland atm
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Driftwood Girl back to 1200 should go well here for the Pontiff.
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited June 2018
    Brodie Kirby has a terrific book of rides and at the Pike like odds of $1.01 ( 1/100 ) for the JC...zero points after two races, along way to go, but after Pikey went down Saturday at $1.01 who knows.

Now after three races an early double to an in form Pat Carbery, but surprisingly only one more ride to come for him on the 25/1 chance Two Eye See.
  • jumjum    3,512 posts

Uptown Funk $151 into $26 @-)  @-)  @-) 

Isn't there a prominent figure on here that has a share in this horse. Maybe one of the PUNTA lads

H-BOMBER likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Money was nearly right
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    couldn't get a look at them for 3/4 of the straight X_X
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Delaney was very unlucky last start
  • troopertrooper    681 posts
    Glenn Smith there geez. 
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    H-BOMBER said:

Delaney was very unlucky last start

and again today,

• troopertrooper    681 posts
    Fav drifts off the boards and then gets ridden like that. Disgusting watching 

detonator, paraletic, hash likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    trooper said:

Fav drifts off the boards and then gets ridden like that. Disgusting watching 

just seen the replay. What the farkin fark was that?????

hash likes this post.

Copy and paste job (not my comment but I’m sure there’s a few that concur)

“Kirby continues to be a total disgrace , week after week rides the first or second favourite in most races and totally butchers them .. today was no different. He should be made a country only jockey until he shows he is up to the big time , his 3kg claim is worthless because he continues to put his mounts into positions with no hope of winning . His incompetence is growing”

AceV likes this post.

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    Very unfair comment on an Apprentice. I note the lack of a name attached to the post, typical.
  • FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    hash said:

Copy and paste job (not my comment but I’m sure there’s a few that concur)

“Kirby continues to be a total disgrace , week after week rides the first or second favourite in most races and totally butchers them .. today was no different. He should be made a country only jockey until he shows he is up to the big time , his 3kg claim is worthless because he continues to put his mounts into positions with no hope of winning . His incompetence is growing”

Pressure is a big factor to many jockeys, least of all an apprentice who is having a bad run. Adam Durrant is a very tough task master. Most of Kirby's rides today were for Durrant. No surprises to see the kid make blues today, given his form and the heat from the trainer (who is trying to win a premiership).
    Not my place to name the person who posted it Damian, I’ve made it clear it wasn’t me yet if it was I wouldn’t be hiding behind a name on here..
    I thought the comment was worthy and some would feel the same way yet would be too scared to share their same thought and generate discussion..

And for the record, the person responsible is a well known and respected one from the industry.. some might say he’s one of the better judges from WA in the game

rooboy likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Not sure of his other rides, but the last was just..... wow. Twitter has melted down also.

hash likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Watching the replay a number of times of the Kirby ride in the last,to see that my eyes were not deceiving me, these words just kept coming to me

• SourceSource    75 posts
    hash said:

Not my place to name the person who posted it Damian, I’ve made it clear it wasn’t me yet if it was I wouldn’t be hiding behind a name on here..
    I thought the comment was worthy and some would feel the same way yet would be too scared to share their same thought and generate discussion..

And for the record, the person responsible is a well known and respected one from the industry.. some might say he’s one of the better judges from WA in the game

The problem is you copied and pasted it after liking someone's very critical post about the ride. It's not enough to just put something on a forum with no name to it and then put your hands up and absolve yourself of any responsibility. Where's the editorial responsibility ??
  • jumjum    3,512 posts

Just my opinion for what its worth and I will probably get smacked down.

Since he has come back from that fall. He looks scared to take runs that are obviously there. He looks as though he doesn't want to push through gaps that are huge and is always very conscious and looking around when locked away in a field.

Remembering he is a kid riding a very large animal at speed. His confidence is shot, hopefully he doesn't get on social media and lose a bit more confidence in his own ability. from what people are writing.

Because before that fall at Geraldton, there was no better rider barring Willy going around in WA. I had huge confidence backing his mounts. Now not so much.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    edited June 2018
    jum said:

Just my opinion for what its worth and I will probably get smacked down.

Since he has come back from that fall. He looks scared to take runs that are obviously there. He looks as though he doesn't want to push through gaps that are huge and is always very conscious and looking around when locked away in a field.

Remembering he is a kid riding a very large animal at speed. His confidence is shot, hopefully he doesn't get on social media and lose a bit more confidence in his own ability. from what people are writing.

Because before that fall at Geraldton, there was no better rider barring Willy going around in WA. I had huge confidence backing his mounts. Now not so much.

Totally agree with your "confidence is shot" comment Jum.
    No other explanation for the quality of that ride.
    It appeared when the horse on his outside the eventual winner took off, he should have gone with him.
    When a footballer is out of form or has lost confidence they go back to the reserves to find their mojo.
    Brodie needs to go back to the riding in trials only where there is no "monetary" baggage on his back.
    Maybe Danny Miller in his life after racing can be a mentor for apprentices that are going thru similar issues.
  • Tigers2014Tigers2014    66 posts
    Never realised how much of a strong person I was until the last 24 hours ! :-&
  • udontknowudontknow    483 posts
    Kirby gets his chance on saturday on very tempting
  • jumjum    3,512 posts

Never realised how much of a strong person I was until the last 24 hours ! :-&

Keep supporting your boy Tiges, He will get his confidence back. I have no doubt in that. You never lose the talent that he has. he will eventually shut his knockers up.
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Way over the top you just can't put wings on them half way through a race....The winner sat three deep the trip, in a split second he made a choice to ride for luck or the other option was to track    jenbel, four deep who had been three deep up and till that point of the race so in my mind right decision was made,       replays are called that,|,...…. And the gaps didn't appear bad luck sir...

Backed him on sunday   (kalg) cio miss turpin  61  after the horse got squezed out at the start he rode it a absolute treat, snowbound on the corner, if Nazareth didn't roll in on him he still wins would have a ride to remember  for a long time on 61 chance..

Big call to say a jockeys is scared; they all make wrong moves  in a race,,he had a fall early in his career from  corvora he was out for a fair while. when he came back we all got used to the doubles, trebles... With his stata for a three kilo kid 79 wins 46 seconds 52 thirds 423 rides my take his trucking along nicely  to make good living out of this industry..

Tigers2014, jum likes this post.

• Tigers2014Tigers2014    66 posts
    Thanks Jum and save the game, he will find his mojo again soon I’m sure, just disheartening to read as a parent

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    It's pretty ordinary singling out the rides of a 3kg kid. Was the ride on Delany in R7 really any better? Or Hay Magic in the same race?