G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 7 Non Members

Fremantle News

Sport
TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
Surely Peter Bell back to the club is a positive and then if this happens... they'll finally have a decent forward

And with Danylle Pearce retiring... its all good news at the dockers! 

Comments

• He's been on the board for a few years now, funny how he was part of the decision making process to knife Bond then took his job - well played  :))

If I was Freo i'd be looking at fresh blood for that role not Bell.

RIO likes this post.

• PAULPAUL    2,665 posts
    Conca off to the Dockers, signed a three-year deal. Richmond to receive a second-round compensation pick (currently pick 36).

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-05/tiger-to-move-to-fremantle-under-free-agency
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Not pleased with that.
    Was one of my favs............... and his Nonna's chilli mussels are special !
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Fremantle news ???
    See the "Fly by Nightclub" is being converted into a tavern and music venue. :D
    Was it not already a tavern and music venue ?
    (Of sorts)
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    maybe thats what he's saying... no interesting news..... 

conca, wasnt he the bloke that king hit someone walking off the field a few years back? 
    If he played most the season for Richmond this year, he must be a pretty good player methinks..
  • bradybrady    1,452 posts
    TheDiva said:

conca, wasnt he the bloke that king hit someone walking off the field a few years back? 
    If he played most the season for Richmond this year, he must be a pretty good player methinks..

Overrated Player who can't kick straight ,
    Jesse Hogan will be good if they can get him !
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    i think Hogan will flop at the dockers. Happy to eat the most humblest of pies if he comes good and they win flags etc, but its just my opinion from hearing a few things around the traps.

RIO likes this post.

Q
    detonator said:

Fremantle news ???
    See the "Fly by Nightclub" is being converted into a tavern and music venue. :D

Just a bit of attempted humour boys !!!!
    I don't recall Conca hitting anyone.
    Has had some injuries, but got a game in first 189 when fit all this season yes.
    Very good pick up for Freo.
    Must have thrown some $$ at him to get him away from top of the table.

I don't rate Hogan AT ALL, no.
    Athletic, but just doesn't have the footy nous.
  • Tivers said:

I don't recall Conca hitting anyone.

Has had some injuries, but got a game in first 189 when fit all this season yes.
    Very good pick up for Freo.
    Must have thrown some $$ at him to get him away from top of the table.

I don't rate Hogan AT ALL, no.
    Athletic, but just doesn't have the footy nous.

Chased after then smashed Devon Smith in the back of the head from behind with a forearm while he was running off the ground. I'm a tiger but that was a dog act from Reece.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5MjNf7DysRM
  • snake1snake1    40 posts
    Well he might be able to give Gaff a cheeky one in the Derbies to come
  • JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    Conca bound to be Ross's missing link.......and for a fair while, with a 3 year deal!!!!! Seriously.
  • snake1 said:

Gaff no chance to be at the Eagles

RIO likes this post.

woof! 

RIO likes this post.

• oldhendooldhendo    763 posts
    Will fit in well on that effort.

detonator, RIO likes this post.

• JellJell    1,201 posts
    edited October 2018

snake1 said:

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-07/exclusive-gaff-set-to-stay-with-eagles

Obviously not officially confirmed but happy days if true.
  • Jell said:

snake1 said:

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-07/exclusive-gaff-set-to-stay-with-eagles

Obviously not officially confirmed but happy days if true.

Confirmed.

Huge call from Gaff turning down that coin.

Fair play to him! Seems nobody wants to play at North not even for silly overs.

Martin, Kelly, Heeney, Treloar now Gaff

detonator likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Dorkers loose Neale and Weagles keep Gaff.

About sums up the difference between the two clubs if both are true

detonator, VillageKid, paraletic, hash likes this post.

Don't sell Freo short Rio.
    They managed to keep Harley, Ballantyne and Sandi.
    If Gaff is staying wonder which players took paycuts, ala Reiwoldt at the Tigers ?

RIO, paraletic likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    edited October 2018
    I reckon the release of Lycett, probably helped and if they can get that Geelong player(Tim Kelly), he will come in on the minimum as a rookie sign on.

So he may be on a 2 year deal for $700k and 4 years for $1mil or something like that....Only guessing. But i think the spirit is so good, no one would need to take a pay cut.

You put Gaff and NicNat in the GF team, and its about teh same as having 2 high quality recruits.
    im kind of glad we missed out on Gaff.... he was too expensive at that sort of coin. 
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    I wonder what the decision process would have been with gaff if they went out in straight sets.
  • loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts
    brady said:

TheDiva said:

Overrated Player who can't kick straight ,
    Jesse Hogan will be good if they can get him !
    That was everyone was saying about Masten, and mainly Eagles nuffies saying it, now a Premiership player, stuck it up so many of his own fan haters.

A good WCE man like yourself Brady, would have known he would come good. I'm glad he did as he was much maligned, and has worked on his game.
  • loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts
    detonator said:

If Gaff is staying wonder which players took paycuts, ala Reiwoldt at the Tigers ?

How terrible would this be, Gaff & Kelly come in, Sheed back to Magoo's. 6 months a longtime in footy.

detonator likes this post.

detonator said:

How terrible would this be, Gaff & Kelly come in, Sheed back to Magoo's. 6 months a longtime in footy.

Whatever happens with Sheed, he will always have September 2018.
    Hope he gets to play lots of league games in years to come. Could be forced out at West Coast though.

RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    his efficiency improved out of site over the last 4 or 5 games. If he keeps that up and he gets the ball as much as he used to, then there will be a spot for him in most games...the same happened to Gaff late last year when this game plan started to click.

get the ball out wide and quick and suddenly their disposal looks sensational. Worked for both Gaff and Sheed.

Glad he got his moment in the sun, no matter what the future holds he is the bloke that kicked the goal to win a cup!!
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Why would anyone want to go to Fremantle ie Lobb there is some things money can't buy and playing for The Freo **** fish is one of them

oldhendo, jum likes this post.

Bennell on the trade table.
    Apparently was a no show at Freo F&B. Belly stamping his authority early.
    I would suggest that "Ross the Boss" could be in for a rocky ride this year.
    The brand has been severely damaged under his watch the past few years. Bell will be all about turning things around both on and off the field.
    Ross may not be receptive to someone telling him how to go about things to improve the image of the club. Starting with playing a game style that delivers more than 10 goals a game.
    Could be an interesting year.

jum likes this post.