G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 27 Non Members
Why don't they either get rid of this rule ( I know the race haters will be up in arms) or get serious about enforcing it, read that up to six jockeys in the cup were charged with it . The fines are nothing compared with the prize money on offer if you can get in the placing by getting into them, when will they start taking races of the perpetrators
+1 -1

oldhendo likes this post.

Comments

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    Been saying it for ages Spink...the biggest grey area seen in racing. It's a joke. Get rid of it.
  • wedgewedge    266 posts
    2017 gr 2 emancipation stakes for mares.

Bowman strikes his mount 15 times prior to the 100m and beats the 2.30 fav by a nose, like a short nose.

stewards withhold placings to review footage, find him GUILTY, bowman pleads GUILTY.  Bowman gets a fine but is championed by commentators for the winning vigour.

owners of the second horse miss priemoney and gr2 broodmare value for keeping within the rules.

unsavoury situation.

there is still no recognised margin for breaking the rule - there lies the problem.  But is a short nose is the end resut then the question has to be asked - what is a reasonable amount to reverse the decision and should we instruct the jockeys to ignore the rule?

personally, if anyone bashes one of my animals like that I'd turn it on them in the post race address and they would never ride it again.
    edited November 2018
    Tell you one thing @Spinking....the winner of the Oaks today - nothing was left to chance. Have a look at the replay.
    But how can you possibly take the race off the winner ??!! ..You can't.
    D. Lane at his best - but by today's ( silly ) rules - went to the limit!

Good points there though @wedge...it's been murky since day one.
  • spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    Don't mean to sound cruel here and with the padded persuader used these days, if I ever had one good enough to be in a group one and got beat by someone ignoring the whip rule and there being no way the result would be taken off them , I think I would be instructing my jock to do what he has to do. If the powers to be won't make it a level playing field so be it
    edited November 2018
    There has been the occasional protest and then out of the blue recall one being upheld at a Brisbane metro meeting awhile back.
    If was on the winner for decent money and lost because of a protest due to the whip rule - would walk off the course, catch ya later - never to return. Hey that might be a good thing haha.
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    spinking said:

Don't mean to sound cruel here and with the padded persuader used these days, if I ever had one good enough to be in a group one and got beat by someone ignoring the whip rule and there being no way the result would be taken off them , I think I would be instructing my jock to do what he has to do. If the powers to be won't make it a level playing field so be it

Pussy. I'd be instructing my jockey to take the padding off

Geez your a real tough fuker big man. Do tell us just how many you have been involved in the ownership of

spinking said:

Geez your a real tough fuker big man. Do tell us just how many you have been involved in the ownership of

Hang on, you just posted that you'd tell the jock to ignore the very measures that were designed to protect the horses' welfare. People like YOU are the problem
    The big man who is going to tell his jockey to strip the paddin. But your right I don’t think your part of the problem beacuase I reckon the only horse you have owned was a rocking horse and that most probably got rid of you
    @spinking Your error filled posts makes it hardly surprising that you're unable to detect sarcasm in my posts. But, yeah, you got me-ownership doesn't appeal to me not even for a second. I'm sure all yours escaped the knackers when you were bored of them though, right? 
    Here we go again rattling on about some spelling errors made on a I phone , . But seeing as you don't own any you would not know the measures taken to rehome them after they have finished if you had done some research instead of flapping your gums once again you would know that it is compulsory for owners to notify racing Australia  on the retirement of their horse. The form specifically designed for this purpose will require the owner to indicate where the horse is destined This allows the continual tracking of the thoroughbred even when they have finished their career. and once again your wrong I have never got bored of them after they have finished. A couple have unfortunately been have to been euthanized  to  there dangerous behaviours . Which makes them unsuitable to be rehomed. The others I still get pictures and stories of how they are going from the people who have rehomed them . Some have even gone on to do better things on the eventing and equine sports than they did as gallopers.
    @spinking You're missing the point entirely. You could sing sweet lullabies to your horses and it won't matter if racing is outlawed some day in the future. That's more probable than not if the majority are confronted with the image of a jockey belting his horse just to win a race
  • pikerpiker    404 posts
    I thought there was a big difference in the D Lane ride on the Oaks winner and his ride on Friar Fox at a Moonee Valley night meeting recently!
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    If there fair dinkum about the whip rules, the penalties should revolve  around prizemoney  races, such as the next four races ,  where the race is worth 200k....as these top jockeys that are repeat offfenders would realize the consequences....Easy to follow the racing calendar has every race 200k in order throughout the year. starting the penalties at first whip breach  the next 4    (200k races) as per racing calendar   ,6,8,10,etc. no one can feel hard done by black and white.

Plus as the carnivals around australia fall, the top boys appear at most of them even perth,They are allowed to  continue to ride in other events,... Bet they would soon learn how to count,imagine   if  someone  like bowman was coming up for there  third breach which would be 8, (200k plus races) happens to takes in cox plate Caulfield,melb.cup.

Second tier  jockeys would get more opportunities to ride in big races....punters would realize such& such can ill afford to break rules. Stops  owners  letting jocks know we will pay your fine.?as the jock wouldn't no how much its going to cost him down the track.,

western Australia ,south Australia ,queensland would be 100k races.Of cause whip breaches that happen in races  less then  (100k w.a) or   less then( 200k vic. nsw.) penalties handed out  as the stewards see fit.....where they get the next 20 meetings which takes in places like terang,stawell ,moe, hanging rock,? these places sting. the top boys.