G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 29 Non Members

Former WA Horse - Ripper Rio.

West Australian Racing
Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
edited December 2018 West Australian Racing
Been following this fella since he's been in Victoria. The grey has had the three runs under the David Hayes/Dabernig tutelage for a nought, nought and nought. SP starting odds have been 150/1, 90/1, and 80/1.

His runs at Geelong ( Cup Day ) and Flemington ( greys race Oaks Day ) if you see the replays were not bad efforts at all, considering the odds and not much luck. Then at Ballarat ( Cup Day ) never ever likely and ran according to his price. Although was plugging away at the finish, beaten a fair way.

Now the interesting thing is he's going around in a race at Sandown tomorrow ( race 7 ) carrying 62kg less a 3kg claim. The amazing thing is after three duck eggs at cricket score odds he's just around $8 - $9 in early markets.

Will be having something on him each way again tomorrow but then that's it!
Thought all the way along Hayes/Dabernig might find a suitable race for him and looking at the field this maybe it. Still can't get over the odds though just the same.
+1 -1

H-BOMBER likes this post.

Comments

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    First up was just a run.
    2nd up at Flemington was the race they were aiming for, the Grey's race on Oaks Day... never saw daylight... so a line through that run. 
    Third start at ballarat was a slow track and he has always resented wet tracks... so... if you are very forgiving... you might put a line through that run aswell. 
    I reckon he's well past his best though. 

jum, RIO likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited December 2018
    After the race will either be humming..the old grey horse ain't what he use to be...or hopefully more optimistically singing...when my baby smiles at me I go to Rio...Ripper Rio...apologies to Peter Allan b-(

Fingers crossed its the latter, but knowing my punting its 4/6 to be the former.

TheDiva likes this post.

• JellJell    1,201 posts
    He was at him prime during the Brian Kersley/Brad Parnham combo, they had that lovely run a couple of years ago.

hash, RightOakAunt likes this post.

• ChrisChris    5,219 posts
    He might have one rabbit left in that bag I reckon.
    edited December 2018
    Race start time not until 3.45 our time...nice twilight meeting. Ripper Rio will like that - he raced very well at that time in Perth haha.
    The ''Best Bets'' guy gives him a chance - good judge.
    And that now makes 4 noughts in a row.
    Ripper Rio from a punting perspective R.I.P.
    Had a good run too. Embarrassing tip.
    Backed in from $13 to about $9.50 and never gave a yelp apart from when he saved ground by railing!