G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 48 Non Members

Bunker Buster???

West Australian Racing
It has run in a C1 at its last 5 starts at odds of 100-1, 150-1, 150-1, 300-1 and 100-1. It has run 10th, 12th, 10th, 11th and last start 7th/11 beaten 6.3L. I couldn't work out why it was in the market today....
 Anyone??

Comments

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited December 2018
    Stormed home, can only think of two words - Frank Maynard.
    As soon as saw he was the trainer that explained it for me. He's one of the best horsemen going around.

Recall him training Perth Cup winner - Moss Kingdom - hoop Jim Taylor. Went on to win an Adelaide Cup as well.
  • GaryHGaryH    1,012 posts

Stormed home, can only think of two words - Frank Maynard.
    As soon as saw he was the trainer that explained it for me. 

Sure, but that doesn't answer the original question of why today @ $13, not $100+

I'll have a stab and say that the $50 the trainer put onto today dropped the odds in from $30 to $9 being Northam.  (no pool)

Alternately, the rating system is crap.  And he finally managed to race in a true class one, without all the city horses in it that are 'allergic' to travel (All of his other C1 have been at Belmont or Ascot) and the bookies could see no other standouts.

thefalcon likes this post.

• RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    BUNKER BUSTER – When questioned regarding the apparent improved performance, Trainer advised
    that although the gelding raced on a similar track rating at its most recent starts, he was of the opinion
    it would have appreciated today’s firmer track conditions, and that at its last start at Ascot on 21
    November 2018 it had not raced for a period of 28 days and would have derived natural fitness
    following this performance which he thought was a satisfactory effort. 

He further advised he had not
    supported the gelding today nor had he encouraged anyone else to do so. 
    :))

jum, SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.