just wondering whats become of them..
willy Arnold
paul dyson
chad davies.

add a few more names if u care to..

Comments

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    edited December 2018
    Paul Dyson and his partner Kirsten Melis, operate Painted Park in North Dandalup. He is very easy to find on either their facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/Paintedpark1/ or him personally on social media.

I don't what the two other guys do these days.

Here is an image of him that I display in my home gallery that I shot maybe three years ago.
    Man about town, Paul Dyson
    jpg
    jpg
    10.jpg
  • psychopsycho    652 posts
    Saw Chad Davies when I went out for dinner about 6 months ago at the pub near Ascot racecourse that is called now International on the water, he still looks light enough to do trackwork etc, Willy Arnold not sure but may have had some personal issues a while ago and went "east" but I will stand corrected on that one
  • FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts

Man about town, Paul Dyson

Looks serious
  • altern8vualtern8vu    242 posts
    hi guys u can now add shaun meeres to that group as he is now unable to return to riding , sad end to his career , not that some would hav noticed ,but he,s moving on to new areas now ,& a bit less stress for his mum & i , so heres cheers to the racing industry  :-h :-h i shall sit back & read with hillaritty all u guys posts ,cheers for now ALTER8VU  :-h :-h

Flanders, RIO, SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

Didn't Shaun recently get a ticket in another Industry ? Seem to remember something on Facebook
  • FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    altern8vu said:

hi guys u can now add shaun meeres to that group as he is now unable to return to riding , sad end to his career , not that some would hav noticed ,but he,s moving on to new areas now ,& a bit less stress for his mum & i , so heres cheers to the racing industry  :-h :-h i shall sit back & read with hillaritty all u guys posts ,cheers for now ALTER8VU  :-h :-h

Best of luck to SDM, yourself and Mrs Meeres mate

RIO, DamienWyer likes this post.

• BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,372 posts
    Quite a few members on here u could ask the same question about,where are they :-S
  • hashhash    7,495 posts

Quite a few members on here u could ask the same question about,where are they :-S

anyone know where Jagsy Turner is on Crystal Valley... rumour has it he's still lost looking for a run

detonator, jum, Uttsy likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    Where Are These Guys? I thought the heading referred to 99.99% of previous WA Bookmakers and a multitude of on course race meeting attendees.
  • altern8vualtern8vu    242 posts
    hi guys yep thats right damo he was between a rock & a hard place for a while ,but decided that his knee wasnt going to allow him to compete @the top level required , so went & got tickets & upgraded his licence to enter the mining industry . and with the help of rob wells who is old rons son he,s now on a 2 & 1 training shift , so a big thanks to robbie for that, i think sometimes we on this side of the fence forget how difficult it is for these guys to transition from only knowing 1 line of work for 25yrs & then with a simple mishap there career is slam/dunked in a minute ,also thanks @FLANDERS , BUT all should be good from here on he,s still got his loverly partner in LUCY @ lindsays smiths , so some involvement still there, but once again thanks for your comments guys cheers  ;)
  • loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts
    What happened to Sarah Bonner ?

Kane_26 likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    The top twenty apprentices in w.a. 2006-07 with  the oldest  being 33 now .. theres only three left riding just shows how hard this caper is.....
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ^^ that reminds me..what happened to that little jock here, went over to SA with his jock g/friend. I can see him in my minds eye, only a little bloke..make paddy c. look like a giant...
  • BobcatBobcat    159 posts
    Richie Rhodes?
  • Warren Hughes worked for Hayes and then McEvoy
  • thetruththetruth    45 posts
    Willy Arnold has been doing fifo for the last few years on a goldmine up north.

RIO likes this post.

yeah, warren hughes…..there was also warren batty..apprentice to Arthur Waegner..now there was a good trainer, could set 'em up and rarely fail...
    edited December 2018
    Bobcat said:

Richie Rhodes?

Working in the film industry as a stuntman. Lists Aquaman as his most recent job

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,717 posts
    Ivo Fry?
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

Ivo Fry?

I Fry. I hope he is never convicted of a capital crime in America.

Manchild, thefalcon, jum, Gilgamesh likes this post.

wasn't he in the backblocks of vic. a few years ago?
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Queensland;;; last rode Townsville  jan.2017

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• DesperadoDesperado    119 posts
    Very good ride by P Hall today doe's anyone remember the other Peter Hall that rode in WA for a short while and is connection to a famous father? 
  • tofarkennardtofarkennard    177 posts
    Desperado said:

Very good ride by P Hall today doe's anyone remember the other Peter Hall that rode in WA for a short while and is connection to a famous father? 

no
    nup
    Wes Hall the cricketers son. Rode a winner a Mt Barker had a few rides around the provincial and country tracks when the west Indies were over here in the 80s. Id say about 1984.    
  • loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts
    Desperado said:

Wes Hall the cricketers son. Rode a winner a Mt Barker had a few rides around the provincial and country tracks when the west Indies were over here in the 80s. Id say about 1984.   

Desperado said:

Think his name was Sean

I think Sean was another of Wes Halls sons. Died in a car accident from memory.

I'm pretty sure the jockeys name was Peter. Doesn't really matter just a bit of trivia.    
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited January 2019
    George Way. Still in Canada? Tipped me a winner once three months in advance (First Up) and yes admittedly it was one he was done for.