G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 22 Non Members
Thought I'd start a new thread for the night as a whole. Last time I shared my thoughts they were woeful so wont be hard to improve.

R1: Bronze Seeker @$3.30 for me is a get to the bank and get on. He just leads and wins.

R2: Interesting race. Not betting here but tempting to have something on Golden State, i'm thinking he fires out hard to the top which will be exciting from 9 but that might be completely out of the ball park and they just grab hold hence no bet. Really liked Rock Me Over the other day and he's the other option if he gets big in the market but I don't know that he will be close enough in running to knock it off.

R3: Not as exciting. Libert Rose leads and wins, Mary Catherine gets up outside her then sits on Lady De La Renta, one of them runs 2nd, and the 1,11,12 for 3rd and 4th. 100% FF costs $24.

R4: Pretty keen Rock Diamonds EW. Argyle Red to lead for me and get really tired the last 80m or so. A bit of jostling between 2,3,4 and 5 to get sits up close to the speed will create enough tempo for Rock Diamonds to move into it over the last 1000m whenever the tempo drops. Wouldn't surprise me for Natural Disaster and Im Full Of Excuses to also run on from the back and fill the top 3.

R5: The Cup. I think My Field Marshal is more of a $1.80 chance, I also think he is likely to get to that price. I'm also in the minority and think that if they do use Saying Grace up he can still actually run well. The market has trimmed up Rocknroll Lincoln now, I'm rapt to be on him and had something small on Vultin Tin as a real blow out. I certainly haven't gone hard though and it could simply be a case of MFM is the best horse and he wins. The thing I find odd is for someone like Adam Hamilton to not even give consideration to the chance that Saying Grace may be driven to "beat" the fav when he has 6 stable mates in the race that would benefit from that, come on Adam this is the wild west!

R6: Jaxon Fella is a fantastic 50/1 chance. Numbers don't match how he is racing. He will sit 1,1 on his stable mates back who will take him right into it, have something on punters! Bettor Be Abeliever is a nice horse but is massive unders. Like this for a First four too. 1,3,10/1,3,10/1,3,4,10,11/1,2,3,4,10,11. 100% costs $54.

R7: Going to have something very very small on Damondo and Im Batman, I think Batman is going to win a race very soon.

R8: Just very small this time, Righteous Brother. Wouldn't surprise me if he was still fighting after going 3 wide solo the last lap. Whozwhointhezoo looks like he will be backable as well.

R9: I think The Dojo is going to cross and is going to win, he's the other fill up.

R10: Leave me out.

Busselton: Not in the habit of backing back markers at Busselton but I'm super keen on Strogonoff, the $8 in the local shop will do me.

Bet up guys and girls.

Comments

• sonnysonny    1,053 posts
    Thanks Gilga, always look forward to your assessments of G.P and other comments. Good luck tonight.
  • AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    The last 8 times Bronze Seeker drew 1 at GP , never held the front.
    2 times before that it did lead , I can see it handing up to the 6, just my opinion.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited January 2019
    Race 6 trifecta straight down the line for me, 1 to beat 10 and 2,3,4,11 for third - cost $4 might pay $10 ( or nothing ). Might reverse that too on a smaller basis 10,1 - 2,3,4,11. Leader, leaders back if ever there was one.

Race 9: Dominate The Dojo - tonight is the night.

Fremantle Cup: if they go hard don't write off 10,11,12 - or Field Marshall to put the race to bed early and Saying Grace to hold on for a place from the dream draw.

edited January 2019
    Busselton Race 4 : off 30 metre mark over 2030 metres - almost an impossible assignment - but Captain Proud is flying - if he steps away cleanly think he can round them up again. Two runs ago motored home then driven a treat and got the chocolates.

Another drive like that, can win again.

VillageKid, robertd likes this post.

So far every time My Field Marshall has got to $1.55 he's been Malachi crunched back to $1.45...will be interesting to see what his actual SP is.
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    Race 1- Benhope Rulz
    Race 2- Im Soxy
    Race 3- Liberty Rose
    Race 4- Simba Bromac
    Race 5- Galactic Star
    Race 6- Bettor Be Abeliever
    Race 7- Bettor Vision
    Race 8- WhosWhoinTheZoo
    Race 9- Dominate The Dojo
    Race 10- Dracarys

• ElitistElitist    365 posts
    Jnr on radio seemed very keen on leading and winning on Bronze Seeker by not handing up to Benhope.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• OffthebitOffthebit    597 posts
    edited January 2019
    Riders I admire your confidence in dominate the dojo, you are a brave man. The horse has a poor win strike rate for a reason......he's a nonny!!!
    If Kyle holds the front I think the dojo becomes a 10/1 chance.

P.S. anyone who believes that butt is not at least going to hold the breeze is kidding themselves. There is no way on gods earth these blokes have come all of this way to find themselves midfield and held up from barrier 2. He will dominate the race from either in front or in the breeze.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,716 posts
    On Bronze Seeker,

He couldn't have gone 3 wide like he did first up previously and still stuck on, just think he's a bit of a different horse now. About to find out!

Gilgamesh said:

On Bronze Seeker,

He couldn't have gone 3 wide like he did first up previously and still stuck on, just think he's a bit of a different horse now. About to find out!

Showed that bit of toughness I was talking about.

edited January 2019
    Good start Gilga. Hall unflustered excellent front running drive.
    Offthebit these are the things Against the Dojo. In order.

1. I've declared him.
    2. I'm on.
    3. Everybody is selecting him on top.
    4. Has to lead. ( You'd think ).
    5. He's a non winner.
    6. He's favourite.
    7. He's unders.

Now the good news - will win!

Gilga good luck with that joker I'm Batman - if he runs a drum - holy commissioner!

Gilgamesh, curmudgeon, Offthebit likes this post.

Good start Gilga. Hall unflustered excellent front running drive.
    Offthebit these are the things Against the Dojo. In order.

1. I've declared him.
    2. I'm on.
    3. Everybody is selecting him on top.
    4. Has to lead. ( You'd think )
    5. He's a non winner.
    6. He's favourite.
    7. He's unders.

Now the good news - will win!

Gilga good luck with that joker I'm Batman - if he runs a drum - holy commissioner!

That race I mentioned may well be at Gobe Derby! :))

edited January 2019
    He didn't get much peace Bronze Seeker - looked a bit vulnerable in the run, good effort.

One to follow Back To The Beach - another consistent Ross Olivieri horse. Got right out to $17.30 and $3.50 on the tote from barrier twelve.
    Well done @JayJay !

Won the the handbrake on!

curmudgeon, Offthebit, oldhendo, VillageKid likes this post.

edited January 2019
    That's just too easy JJ. He's been a very handy horse. S.S well he's a handy driver.

VillageKid likes this post.

Can we start the Ryan Warwick debate please, you are allowed to be the first horse 3 wide Ryan!

That was fair dinkum deplorable 8-}
  • 2lifetimewinners2lifetimewinners    508 posts
    Yeah lets. With a horse that had AF 3 months ago. Yeah that will be smart.
  • sonnysonny    1,053 posts
    My thoughts exactly ,Gilga. 
    edited January 2019
    Bring on the Pacing Cup!

Even though the $1.50 fave led all the way, that was one heck of a race. So many great runs in the race!

Hard luck stories everywhere - but the winner was pressured hard and first class effort. That's how saw it but need to watch replay 5 times over.

edited January 2019
    Even the 150/1 chance Maczaffair was poking up on along the pegs over the concluding stages to finish close up.
    Shortly after the bell thought Vultan Tin you're going nowhere - won't run top ten - what a grinder and tough competitor he is.

Rock'nroll Lincoln looked to be going very well. Saying Grace - searching for a run. Galactic Star - what an effort.
    El Jacko too - he was cruising with nowhere to go.
    Take nothing away from the winner though.

edited January 2019
    As soon they went to Sky2 for Busselton thought that's the end of Captain Proud - great call Matt Young!

Horse of the round so far, always had some ability and has found his niche in Busselton.

VillageKid, robertd likes this post.

edited January 2019
    Chris Lewis a 40/1 winner & Shannon Suvajlko a 5/1 and 37/1 tote winner..the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Offthebit, VillageKid likes this post.

edited January 2019
    Holy Commissioner!!

Gilga will be dissapointed if you didn't clean right up on the novelty bet types on that race. The Joker never looked like missing a place at a handy 9/1 a drum.

Damondo too - slipstream and into the place.

So you don't pull out 3 wide when a race has set up perfectly for you to do so because your horse had AF 3 months ago?

Even though since then the horse has gone 3 wide to the breeze to sit outside Galactic Star by a half neck?

So we bar the horse from racing then I guess if he isn't fit to do so.

No chance he just missed the boat?

Holy Commissioner!!

Gilga will be dissapointed if you didn't clean right up on the novelty bet types on that race. The Joker never looked like missing a place at a handy 9/1 a drum.

Damondo too - slipstream and into the place.

I wish I could say yes, missed the 4th horse!
    edited January 2019
    Bloody good tipping just the same...threw I'm Batman into the first four one of his previous runs and the last saw of him he was galloping wildly ( always had ability but convictions too) and said that's enough of ever putting him in again.

Jnr. looked to be fuming ( for him - he's pretty laid back ) after the Cup...he goes close with a clear run.. think would have swooped past them.
    Just watching it back Turvey might be having a holiday
    Poor Louise Alberto, I think he must be able to hear Ritchie!

Bloody Dojo, some comments on him earlier were bang on. More fool me, hopefully you live and you learn

edited January 2019
    Came right into $7.50 fixed Rock'nroll Lincoln. That was a big go from the barrier draw until jump time.

You're right Offthebit...Dominate nothing - it's a weak read. Won't win another race.
    Luis Alberto was going to win easily - amazing.
    Was galloping early in the score up the winner.
  • Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    841 posts

You must consider him subhuman he’s never made a mistake in your eyes

Kane_26 likes this post.