G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 23 Non Members
This morning, Tash was badly injured in a trackwork fall.
Horse got a fright,flipped over,rolled down a bank and stomped on Tash as it tried to get up.
Punctured both lungs,a number of broken ribs,broken collarbone,broken shoulder and a torn liver.
Tasha was stabilised in Albany and flown to RPH where she is in ICU.
WE ALL WISH HER WELL FOR A VERY SPEEDY RECOVERY.

Comments

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    Terrible news

silky likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    poor little devil...thoughts and prayers please fellow PTTers..
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    A very sad injury list. Thoughts with her, her freinds and her family.

silky, Ridersonthestorm33, Tucool likes this post.

• psychopsycho    652 posts
    I am not a man of god but here I am praying for a young lady, please get better Tash  :-*
    edited January 2019
    From the family:

Update on Tash, Dr says she is stable and her injuries are no longer
    life threatening. She has multiple fractures, small tear on the liver
    and both lungs are collapsed, she will recover just waiting to see her

Great news from the family
  • GLAMOURGLAMOUR    677 posts
    As much as everyone criticizes jockeys,but every time they go out on the track,they put there lifes on the line,they deserve every cent they get.
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    They ride trackwork with the safety vests, right? 
    I know Lee Newman will be devastated, he shares a house with Tash in Belmont.
    puts a damper on the good news he got on Friday that he got the doctors clearance to ride trackwork again.
    keep your chin up, lee.
  • GLAMOURGLAMOUR    677 posts
    Good news she is out of danger,but nobody likes to see this happen,lets just hope there are no long term injuries.
  • britbratbritbrat    90 posts
    Go onto Seven News Perth facebook page and read the disgusting comments by these animal liberation weirdos."she's been whipping horses all her life"etc.etc
    The world we live in
    Hope Natasha makes a full recovery.Thoughts and prayers are with you
    I knew i shouldnt have read it but i did and im gobsmacked. Had to have a little dig back at a few a$$holes. We are living amoungst some real fookwits in this world

GLAMOUR, Kane_26, spinking, oldhendo likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Just looked and it seems they have taken it down. Good on you Para for having a dig at the morons. Seriously having a shot at a young girl who has received horrific injuries doing her job. Bottom feeders of the first order. As all on here have said best wishes for a quick recovery Natasha , and get back riding winners real soon

paraletic, thefalcon likes this post.

I just couldnt beleive what i was reading to be honest

thefalcon likes this post.

I find it inconceivable that one human being can be so narrow-minded and downright cruel.
    I wish them nothing but misery in their miserable lives.

GLAMOUR, Offthebit likes this post.

Seven News & facebook should be the first clue. Commercial tv caters to the lowest common denominator. Social media also allows any idiot with a device to have an opinion...

Offthebit likes this post.

so true, Kramer. what is said on social media these days does not bear thinking about.
    could that be the cause of so many young suicides? I fear it could be.
    @thefalcon There was a time where bullies did all their work in the school yard. Now there's no respite. Glad I grew up before social media tbh

thefalcon likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited January 2019
    britbrat said:

Go onto Seven News Perth facebook page and read the disgusting comments by these animal liberation weirdos."she's been whipping horses all her life"etc.etc

The Animal Liberation lot spend most of their time whipping themselves. Fifty Shades of Twats.
    They can (wrongly) attack Natasha but I didn't see them protesting yesterday at court.... Bikie v Kangaroo case.

I wish Natasha a speedy recovery as it can be.

TheDiva likes this post.

thought the same thing myself.....chicken livered cowards did not want to get bashed.

paraletic likes this post.

Several years ago I did a little bit of work with the WA Jockeys Association, in particular on their social media establishing a Facebook page for them through video and photographic images. With the news yesterday of yet another Jockey having time on the sidelines for a workplace injury, I was just thinking has there been a time where so many were on the sideline or just about to comeback to competitive racing ? It's particularly hard at the moment with less runners at most meetings and seemingly fewer Owners and less horses being bred each season, the last thing you need as a Jockey is time through fault of your own just trying to get through your day safely.

Not many jobs where this is a daily reality.

britbrat said:

The Animal Liberation lot spend most of their time whipping themselves. Fifty Shades of Twats.
    They can (wrongly) attack Natasha but I didn't see them protesting yesterday at court.... Bikie v Kangaroo case.

I wish Natasha a speedy recovery as it can be.

hahaha didnt think of that. So true. Weak pricks