G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 26 Non Members

WA Pacing Cup - It's $10 bar two.

Harness & Greyhounds
Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
edited January 2019 Harness & Greyhounds
Fremantle Cup is in the history books and now for part two of the double feature.

This time it's $10 bar two on Bet365 for the Cup. No odds available yet on Tabtouch.
Top 14 in betting.
1. My Field Marshall $2.50.
2. Galactic Star 3.25.
3. Vultan Tin 10.
4. Rock'nroll Lincoln 10.
5. Our Jimmy Johnstone 15.
6. Vampiro 15.
7. Our Max Phactor 26.
8. Ana Malak 26.
9. El Jacko 34.
10. Motu Premier 34.
11. Runrunjimmydunn 41.
12. The Bucket List 51.
13. Mitch Maguire 51.
14. Mr. Mojito 51.

The barrier draw early in the week just as the Fremantle Cup did, cause some decent fluctuations. Am only confident of one thing - the two shorties won't be running the Q this time!

There were so many good runs in the Port Cup ( they were two of them ) even if one wins, think they'll be split.

Comments

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    Some observations.

I am 99% sure Ana Makak is in the paddock.

How is Our Jimmy Johnstone still $15? Even if he draws 1 I would think he would start double that.

The Fremantle Cup was so even with horses like El Jacko and Saying Grace looking like they would have bolted past them with clear running, the draws and luck in running are going to play a major part (obviously)

I think at these odds you can have a little on Rock'nroll Lincoln and hope that he draws but I like Runrunjimmydunn at those odds, her will probably draw 9 now!
  • 2lifetimewinners2lifetimewinners    508 posts
    Thoughts on who gets in and who gets the ballot
    Does Im Full of Excuses get in? The Bucket list?
    Surely OJJ gets a Ballot? Who else misses out?
  • AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    Didn't The Bucket List run 8th?
    Im Full Of Excuses has to get in before Mitch Maguire.

Offthebit, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited January 2019
    Sportsbet top 14 in the betting; a doubtful starter or three here as well.

Sportsbet.
    1.My Field Marshall $2.30
    2.Galactic Star 3.50
    3. Rocknroll Lincoln 8.
    4. Vultan Tin 12.
    5. Vampiro 15.
    6. Our Jimmy Johnstone 17.
    7. El Jacko 21.
    8. Saying Grace 21. ( wasn't in bet365 market at all )
    9. Our Max Phactor 26.
    10. Mighty Conqouer 34 ?
    11. Runrunjimmydunn 34.
    12. Ana Malak 41 ?
    13. Mitch Maguire 41
    14. Motu Premier 41 ?

The Bucket List 51, I'm Full Of Excuses 81, Maczaffair 81.
    edited January 2019
    After watching the replay several times - the one am really warming too - made a run early - then couldn't get a crack at them over the concluding stages - Vampiro.

Nothing was disgraced - Our Max Phactor too much work from gate 12.
    Our Jimmy J - was making a bit of ground from a mile back but poleaxed when Rock'nroll Lincoln got the short back and sides.

The two to come out of the race for me ( outside of the first three home - all outstanding) were Rock'nroll Lincoln ( we'll never know ) and Vampiro.

Even Mitch he was last horse in the running line - no hope from there but not a disastrous run. Next to no hope in the Cup though, unless got a dream run. Jimmy likewise - even though he was making some good ground until knocked out of it.

El Jacko was fine too, Saying Grace and Maczaffair nothing wrong with there runs. Our Max Phactor needs to draw well, very well.
    edited January 2019
    When the going gets tough - the tough get going - Vulcan Tin. He kept on keeping on.

If they go even harder this time ( think they might ). Don't be surprised if the grinding tough horse gets over the top of them.

In summary thought all Bond horses ( considering ) did there job wellish to extremely well.
    The other four...
    Rock'nroll Lincoln - no luck. ( Should have won ?? Not so sure..but goes close! )
    Maczaffair - good drive - saved ground - ran on well.
    Runrunjimmydunn - he was good - needs the right draw and some luck.

My Field Marshall - he won. Was very short at the $1.50, there expected to do the job and he did.
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Those markets are totally irrelevant until (a) the "panel" have selected the field and (b) the Tuesday morning barrier draw takes place...until then, they are potentially taking your funds under false pretenses, especially with horses included in the market who will definitely not be starting.  I love Field Marshall to bits even though I thought he was potentially vulnerable last Friday (especially at 2's on...no thanks), he is a sensational horse no matter what he does in the Cup. I love that the Butts travel him and market harness racing so well but just as in the Freo Cup, where your chances where determined by the draw, it is clearly the same in the Cup. Even with gate 2 and a sensational drive to stave off all those that had (a legitimate in my mind) crack at him, it is another 400m next Friday. It will be roughly the same line up, a couple of ins and outs maybe, but as anyone with a pulse knows, your chances are hugely affected by the draw. Yes, crazy things happen, races can be run upside down, all sorts of odd permutations occur but if Field Marshall draws badly, it is a completely different ball game.
    edited January 2019
    Tabtouch market. Back to the 12/1 bar two odds. Same as a week before Fremantle Cup.

Top 14.
    1. My Field Marshall $2
    2. Galactic Star $3
    3. Vampiro $13
    4. Rock'nroll Lincoln $15
    5. Our Max Phactor $15
    6. Runrunjimmydunn $17
    7. Saying Grace $17
    8. Motu Premier $26
    9. Mitch Maguire $34
    10. Our Jimmy Johnstone $34
    11. Maczaffair $34
    12. Mr. Mojito $34
    13. The Bucket List $51
    14. Rock Diamonds $51

A couple of notable omissions - no Vultan Tin and no El Jacko.
  • ConstantlybrokeConstantlybroke    6 posts
    edited January 2019
    Mr mojito isn’t even nominated for it :))

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Are El Jacko & Vultan Tin out of it ? No other reason why they wouldn't be in the market ?
  • rooster321rooster321    186 posts
    El Jacko and vultin tin both nominated and not in the market ????‍♂️
    One thing about Mr. Mojito..has more chance than Ana Malak! There happy to take Rock'nroll Lincoln on before the draw - $15.
  • rooster321rooster321    186 posts
    Definitely nominated are 3rd and 5th top points scorers
    edited January 2019
    Thought perhaps the extra distance and they took El Jacko out because of that ? He had a bit up his sleeve the other night though!
    Vultan Tin could go another five laps.

Perhaps the bookies just accidentally omitted them ?

Vultan Tin has gone from 9/1 to 20/1 on Bet365 he must be very doubtful.
    El Jacko 33/1.

The other thing is wouldn't it make more sense to have two weeks between the Port Cup and the Pacing Cup ?
    edited January 2019
    No doubt the boys will step into Rock'nroll Lincoln again at the $15 and keep their fingers crossed for a good to reasonable draw - all being even, could run $5 -$6 from 1 or 2. He started at $7.50 fixed from the four gate in the Fremantle Cup.
    From a bad draw then he's a legit. $15 -$21 chance.

Tab bookies happy to take him on again.
    edited January 2019
    The only other three horses Tabtouch has in the betting are - The Art Form, Simba Bromac and Devendra. Goodness gracious.
    Also no I'm Full Of Excuses to be found.

If the tab has left Vultan Tin and El Jacko out unintentionally - that's poor - if their both scratched -that's very dissapointing for the race.
    Got to be one or the other.
    edited January 2019
    Field pretty much the same as Freo Cup....I'm Full Of excuses in, Mitch Maguire out....Gotta Go Gabbana first emergency. Now for the draw!!
    Draw:
    1. Maczaffair
    2. Rocknroll Lincoln
    3. My Field Marshall
    4. Our Max Phactor
    5. RunRun Jimmydunn
    6. I'm Full Of Excuses
    7. Galactic Star
    8. Vampiro
    9. Our Jimmy Johnstone
    10. El Jacko
    11. Saying Grace
    12. Vultan Tin
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    As always the barrier draw will have a big impact on the opening market.

I do think the pacing Cup and the Fremantle Cup do need a point of difference other than the barrier draw and an extra 400m.

It could be mixed up by having a PBD (either individual or group) for the Fremantle Cup and a RBD for the Pacing Cup.

Since they gave way the stand for the Fremantle Cup it is almost two identical races with a difference in prize money.

VillageKid, Offthebit likes this post.

• ElitistElitist    365 posts
    One corporate left their market open so was able to get on Rocknroll @13s after I knew he drew 2. Happy with that.

VillageKid, Gilgamesh, H-BOMBER likes this post.

• PackedMetalPandaPackedMetalPanda    166 posts

As always the barrier draw will have a big impact on the opening market.

I do think the pacing Cup and the Fremantle Cup do need a point of difference other than the barrier draw and an extra 400m.

It could be mixed up by having a PBD (either individual or group) for the Fremantle Cup and a RBD for the Pacing Cup.

Since they gave way the stand for the Fremantle Cup it is almost two identical races with a difference in prize money.

Just return it back to a standing start, the race has lost its aura.
    edited January 2019
    Opening Tabtouch market.

My Field Marshall $1.70
    Galactic Star $4.40
    Rock'nroll Lincoln $5 ( $15 available yesterday )
    El Jacko $13
    Saying Grace $21
    Maczaffair $34
    Vampiro $41 ( $13 yesterday )
    Vultan Tin $51
    Our Max Phactor $51
    Runrunjimmydunn $61
    Our Jimmy Johnstone $101
    I'm Full Of Excuses $101

Emergencies
    Gotta Go Gabbana $101
    Mitch Maguire $101
    edited January 2019
    Deja vu - could not have worked out much better for Our Field Marshall and not much worse for the Bond camp.
    At the end of the day another odds on favourite at headquarters.
    Oh well they are there to be beaten..unless you're on them and plenty are.
    edited January 2019
    After the barrier draw Vultan Tin ( 12 ) went out the gate to 50/1 Tabtouch, that's now been halved to 25/1, they supported him solidly at big each way odds in the Fremantle Cup and got involved in the money...likewise in he comes again for the Pacing Cup.

Rock'nroll Lincoln into second favourite on Sportsbet. Galactic Star third fave.
    They also have both El Jacko and Saying Grace under 10/1, but terrible % they are betting.
  • BetonmeBetonme    209 posts
    Rocknroll lincoln leads, Maczaffair takes sit. My field marshall parked can be tough for him.
    edited January 2019
    Galactic Star used all his good luck up ( draw wise ) in the Inters Final ( 1 )...then 10 and 7.

1,2,3 would be all happy with there draws ( obviously ), the others not too bad are the three drawn directly behind them in 10,11,12...would rather be there than 7,8,9.

El Jacko comes out behind Maczaffair - that should place him three back pegs. That's reasonable.
    Saying Grace behind Rock'nroll Lincoln, looks a good enough draw to be a hope.
    Vultan Tin behind Field Marshall. Voaky might work some magic or tuck in behind Saying Grace.
    edited January 2019
    Tabtouch movers and shakers.

Movers.
    Rock'nroll Lincoln $5 into $4.20
    El Jacko $13 - $10
    Vulcan Tin $51 - $26 - $23
    Saying Grace $21 - $14
    Our Max Phactor $51 - $34

Shakers.
    My Field Marshall $1.70 - $1.95
    Galactic Star $4.40 - $4.60

Again Galactic Star blowing out in the betting; think he might keep drifting out to the $6 - $7 mark by race time. The bad draw will continue to see to that, he's a chance though - just needs things to fall into place but from out in seven at $4.60 it's still too short.
    edited January 2019
    The "West" seems to have "rediscovered" Harness Racing in the lead up to both the Freo and Pacing Cups...photos, Ernie getting articles up, credit where credit is due. Perhaps the new Editor likes both crayfish and harness racing!!!
    edited January 2019
    Good to see the West lift its game.

Not sure if anyone remembers "The Countryman" newspaper...very much enjoyed reading it in the skool library, the reason being - always had the results of non tab meetings at "exotic" places like Wyalkatchem & Trayning etc.

It was compulsory we read the "Countryman"...failed agricultural science - but passed non tab results.

We were spoilt with the print back then - Daily News, Western Mail, Sunday Independent, Weekend News as well as the West and Sunday Times and there was a "Sports Review" paper too, that also had the non tab results.

curmudgeon, VillageKid likes this post.