G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 29 Non Members

Bunbury 13th Jan 2019

West Australian Racing
ChrisChris    5,218 posts
edited January 2019 West Australian Racing
Lots of wounded soldiers from Pinjarra yesterday, despite all the good mail on this forum.

R1. Planet Fever e/w - thought this went well last start and can’t gave the fave at that price.

R2. Pike vs Harvey - both showed potential for their third placings, leaning towards Strong Heart to get a clearer go at it today.

R3. Cerise & White is a likely double but the toppy Warbo N Grato has run some good races despite still a maiden. Thought it was a big price but might need a run or two. Bombardment & Warbo raced in a maiden on the track together over 12 months ago running 2/3.

R5. Send My Love

R6. Modern News - Liked the run of this when it broke its maiden last start.

R7. Tawny Pete looks to be flying, support for it already over the top weight. Keepers is out to $12 and had a torrid run but was good before that start. Pike goes onto Love Trade as a late change, was 9.50 the drum before most corporates worked it out.

R8. Stormy Ruler

Comments

• ElitistElitist    365 posts
    Got the $6 Secait so will no doubt go down by a nostril to those pesky cerise & white colours
  • spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    Or the red white and yellow
  • TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    Eased up and let the leader have it on its own terms. Boxed on well. Pateman can keep them going.

hollda09 likes this post.

• ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Pike backers bleeding early
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    leaders winning...that will change later in the arvo.
    i'm not betting either...
  • mattymatty    45 posts
    be quick was something beat. How can you be riding for so long and still have no idea of pace. Needs to watch how P. Harvey rides from outside the leaders.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Chris said:

Pike backers bleeding early

Not anymore!
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited January 2019
    A bloke up at the Tab heard him say as he left in disgust..."I've had enough of favourites and Pike!"....next four races were won by favourite, Pike, Pike, favourite. :-j
  • ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Turned my weekend around on the Love Trade place

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

edited January 2019
    Pikey as a late riding change; how often would we see it ?
    Nice if on for the early place when it started about the same for a win.

Not too late of a change, but late enough for some of the corporates not to realise.

hash likes this post.

Chris said:

Turned my weekend around on the Love Trade place

Opened $61 yesterday :-O
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Yeah i got $51 yesterday but there was deductions. When i saw the rider change this morning i choked on my low fat greek yogurt @-)

Ridersonthestorm33, thefalcon likes this post.

edited January 2019
    Chris Parnham was all over a winner in the Jockey Challenge then Pikey came home like Woorim in the 2012 Caulfield Oakleigh Plate.
    Parnham didn't lose though - judge couldn't split them - dead heat in the JC.

The decent trifecta on the last race at Pinjarra yesterday was as easy as
    1. Pike 2. C. Parnham. 3 Jarrad Noske.
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    paraletic said:

Yeah i got $51 yesterday but there was deductions. When i saw the rider change this morning i choked on my low fat greek yogurt @-)

Choked because of the lack of sugar? :P
    edited January 2019
    Good way to keep your chloresterol down the low fat Greek yoghurt.
    hash said:

paraletic said:

Choked because of the lack of sugar? :P

Funnily enough, low fat means more sugar is added, usually about 3 times as much :-B
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Far out try and eat healthy and its all a myth!!!

H-BOMBER, hash likes this post.

I'm not sure about Greek yoghurt, but check the label between normal and low fat and you might be very surprised
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    edited January 2019

Chris Parnham was all over a winner in the Jockey Challenge then Pikey came home like Woorim in the 2012 Caulfield Oakleigh Plate.
    Parnham didn't lose though - judge couldn't split them - dead heat in the JC.

The decent trifecta on the last race at Pinjarra yesterday was as easy as
    1. Pike 2. C. Parnham. 3 Jarrad Noske.

Race 6.....Had an interest punt for 2 bucks while having a coffee.....Pike McNaught Turner Noske ....quinella the first two for win and second quinella the second two for 3rd and fourth...50% ......first 4 no tri.
    close but no cigar....tri paid $1800 and first four $17380 ......Thought I was home at the top of the straight....ran 1 2 3 &6th . Thought Jarrod got moving a bit early or he would have run in the first 4 for sure .....or at least thats what my kick thought
    :((
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    no tri!!  :( 
    we all know how you feel, mudgy, we've all been in that boat..

curmudgeon, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    Tried the low cholesterol diet with a small decrease after 3 months. Went on the tablets the Dr prescribed............now cholesterol perfect. I was trying to go without medication but a close friend of mine had been on so many tablets for various ailments for decades and she passed away at age 96. That got me across the line.