• tony   43 seconds ago
1 Members & 11 Non Members
Race 1 ona happy note good way to start
Race 2 sweet n fast need I say any more
Race 3 Kerry Joseph Joseph gutnick in the news this week
Race 4 veiled secret going to a wedding tomorrow yes a Friday wedding
Race 5 el Jacko no comment
Race 6 smouldering ashes me at 11 o'clock wedding night
Race 7 I'm batman me after 11 o'clock wedding with the mrs closely followed by who'swhointhezoo
Race 8 paramedic refer to race 6 & 7
Race 9 & 10 who cares ill be asleep.

Comments

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    I like a couple tonight.

R1: The two favs are going to jostle for early tactical advantage trying to get in front of each other. That will see just enough tempo for Mighty Flying Deal to be a real chance of running over them.

R3: I'm loving Touch Of Success tonight. Leads and wins at what is currently a nice price.

R4: This is a significantly easier race for Veiled Secret, she can dominate this from the breeze and again shopping around $8 looks a very nice price.

R5: Smaller play Our Jimmy Johnstone. He didn't want to know about it on the bend but got going on the line. He's a chance of crossing but if not will sit up right on the speed and can whack away strongly.

R8: Free To Air will cross Lewis early then something will give him a sit then he will sprint over them, simple.
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    Race 1- Herrick Roosevelt
    Race 2- Sweet n Fast
    Race 3- Walkinshaw
    Race 4- Our Alfie Romeo
    Race 5- RocknRoll Lincoln
    Race 6- MisterSandman
    Race 7- James Butt
    Race 8- Rockaball
    Race 9- Lifes Delight
    Race 10- Typhoon Tiff
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    Just about to do the form for GP and Albany

However i want to make a comment re Wesley ( who i didnt rate at all in last weeks race ) punters on this site screaming blue murder - re it getting  taken on - well the stewards got it correct yet again

Wesley got beaten 24.4 metres and Tonys horse got beaten 32.1 metres - theres only 7.7 metres beaten them - i know which was the better run by a mile . 1ST qtr was just over 28 - well thats not Tonys horse doing that - 2nd qtr 29.2 - well it is a 1700 metre sprint - what do you want 33

Bottom line - Wesley wasnt good enough - and it was a pretty ordinary effort - swap the roles and Tonys horse leads - and Wesley out 3 wide doing it tough - there would be a 40 metre gap between at the finish

Run that race 100  times and Lewis horse wins it 100 times

Cant_Refuse, Toepuntit, Offthebit likes this post.

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Marko interested in what the instructions will be tonight roughly same barrier and same distance. According to the stewards report the way the horse was driven last week and the stewards accepting this explanation there can be no other outcome than to go forward and put pressure on.
    Having said that on Monday at Pinjarra they had the front with the same horse and handed up to a much lesser performed horse than Wesley and won the race.
    That says to me the trainer,the driver and the stewards got it wrong on Friday night.
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
     I like 3 tonight all on an E/W basis fixed odds Tab.Com

(1) GP Race 4 no 5 Veiled Secret @ $9.50

(2) Albany Race 7  no 6 Whitbys Gamble @$10

(3) Bankstown Race 9 no 3 Etiz Amodel @$8
  • ToepuntitToepuntit    241 posts
    Now that was a terrible drive on always arjay

Cant_Refuse likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    Vincenzo how big a run was that ? The leader Soho Chelsea is very good. Neighlor with the soft run, battled away but couldn't go with the 115/1 chance who has never stopped working. Sweet 'N Fast neither could get anywhere near him.

No doubt he'll be going around again twice next week - it's amazing.
  • OffthebitOffthebit    597 posts
    edited February 2019
    A note to all of the flogs in the east that knock Gloucester park racing because it is a 800m leaders track need to watch the replays from tonight.
    Unbelievably competitive racing and very exciting to watch.....

As John hunt used to say.....no place for boys out there, the big boys have come to play!!!
    edited February 2019
    Corey Peterson back behind She Could Be Good and into the placings she comes. Very promising reinsman, should be given more opportunities.

Incredible run too - she was nearly last at the circle - he threaded a needle - great drive and run.
    She's a terrific sit/sprint horse. 2 starts ago chased home Mary Catherine and Maczaffair - with a Peterson speciality drive.
    That's what I thought too so far offthebit it's like a retro eighties night - big crowd - pressure on - horses flooding home.

So far outside of Soho Chelsea - all the other fancied runners from gates one and two all flopperoos. Our Major Mama - $1.55 and yet another odds on fave from an inside draw bites the dust.
    Whoswhointhezoo not tonight brother.

Laying ( the right ) fancied runners from gates one and two at GP and you'd be making a fortune. Plus it's the same every week - look at last Tuesday and tonight - the main reason there worth laying is not so much they can't win - more the fact there so far unders.
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    edited February 2019
    Well done Jay Jay, Matt & Shannon ...continuing a  deserved patch of form. All the Scott stable horses are racing well and consistently.

• JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    Thanks Curmudge, I am very fortunate....Neigh may have just about had enough this time in, he had his ring hanging out chasing Glen's horse in 1.54.4 ....maybe just the one more run and then off for a break....Riley is proving to be a revelation, bombproof and a stunning turn of foot and SJS continuously producing superb drives on horses presented by Matt that are as fit as a fiddle. As I say, feeling pretty fortunate as it can all change in a heartbeat.
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    edited February 2019
    Another outstanding night of pacing at GP last night, a great crowd on course for CNY, a fantastic main event in the Governors Cup race won by the very smart RocknRoll Lincoln, congrats once again go to JJ & the team with Clarenden Hustler and the others from the MS stable, a great mix of race winners either leading, breezing, doing work around the field and or coming from well back.
    Hopefully many of the thousands on course (many probably for the first time) become harness racing enthusiasts from their exposure to the game on great nights like last night. 
    There is no better place in the heart of our great city than GP on a Friday Night with superb uptempo racing! 

getthechange, oldhendo, savethegame likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    Was a huge crowd on an absolute peach of a night VK, and some sensational racing....and the roar in some of the close finishes was reminiscent of days past. If the Aussies had made as many runs as there were in the Governors Cup, they would have beaten the Indians.
    Rocknroll Lincoln may well have bigger fish to fry, thought he was brilliant.

oldhendo, VillageKid, Kane_26, Gilgamesh likes this post.