Race 8- Cut Above
Race 9- Mister Spot
Race 10- Courage To Live
+1 -1

Markovina likes this post.

Comments

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited March 2019
    Am on small each way with two roughies in the same race at Narrogin...33/1 and 50/1 with Bet365.
    Race 7 # 2. American Voodoo and # 8.Royal Flight.
    American Voodoo was ok at 80/1 last run, and Royal Flight flooded home to win a weak race at Albany. His only placing to date, hoping he's turned the corner.

Clutching at straws with those two guys and Tubby Farqhaur the one to beat, but won't be surprised to see a big upset in the race. Minimum Wage 14/1 and Lance James 20/1 wouldn't write those two guys off either. Both ok efforts previous runs.

An interesting 2662 metre race - Tubs or a big upset and hopefully it's the later! Tubs will be odds on, could be all over if finds the lead early, but if doesnt go to plan for him it's anybody's race.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,715 posts
    Had a little bit on the early overs Liberty Rose.

Feel like Voak will really try to test Our Jimmy Johnstone which will make 3 back the fence the perfect spot to be, the spot I thought Always Arjay would get to so something on him on the back of his held up run Monday.

If Frosty Flyer got the gaps last week he would have won. That race isnt a strong reference for the feature but he is a price worth a couple of dollars.

Team Mascot looked a nice mover, happy to have something EW with a sit.

Ultimate Major rounds it out for me. Not sure it gets the right trip here but a bit of luck for it and poor luck for the fav (who was ultra impressive) the other day) and it is right in it, is going to be winning races soon.

Not expecting a lot but a bit of luck and they can all be playing a part.

Ridersonthestorm33, Markovina likes this post.

edited March 2019
    First race of the night quite keen on the short price quinella of 1,10 - leader, leaders back, Bronze Seeker and Kimani.

Whoever goes three back the pegs out of 11,12 should follow thorough nicely IF all goes to plan which normally means it won't! If My Boy Rosie from the 11 doesn't, then Jaxon in the 12 at 50/1 may.

Keen on 1,10 - with 11 not far away and if not 11 then 12.
    Kimani - where is that sprint lane! Touch Of Success was huge though, it crosses it wins.
    edited March 2019
    You guys that mentioned Always Arjay was unlucky in the Pinjarra Cup hoped ya backed up!
    How many times does that stable get up at odds, just don't tell anyone :-$ the way he got that off the pegs - he wasn't going to be unlucky tonight.
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,888 posts
    Just got home 40 minute trip in the car - had the radio  on - listened to all the races ( and the 2 young ladys who were giving the approx and then winning dividends - excellent )

So i listened to a number of race callers on the 3 different codes - 2 races from Ritchie at GP - one at Narrogin with Panda - well done to Jay JAY - hows the 2nd horse - $18 bucks the place - Terry from Cranbourne gallops - Indian something won - Tim Newbold at the dogs - and the young bloke at the Qld  gallops - something won the last by a nose - and of course Freddie Hastings at Bankstown (lol)

But i want to compliment Ritchie Bell - for his call of Always Arjays race ( and i havent had a cracker on it - and good luck to the 2 posters who tipped it - i hope they profited big time ). Ive said it before when Ritchie is on his game - its like comparing Cometti to the rest thats how good he is

Now in the last lap he said - that qr  29.7  ( so i know its genuine speed ) - then he said - Voak looks around - and reins up his horse - he then mentions the 3rd and 4th horse - then he says its tough for the backmarkers - particularly Simba Bromac out 4 wide  - however he then says that AA - is finishing quite well - but got slightly held up their - then he goes back to the leading 2 - back to AA - and eventually AA finishing too well and wins -and then puts a bit of icing on the cake with the Prince Charming quip about Shannon

Thats what i label an outstanding call - apart from entertaining - from his call i know all through that last lap exactly what has happened -  what has transpired (  no horse is  arrogantly called 5 metres or 3 lenghts in front  at the top of the straight - and shock horror gets beat - and radio listeners are left scratching their head - and are totally in the dark )

edited March 2019
    One of the runs of the night so far for me Pay Me Cullen at Narrogin...when on song up the bush it motors.

Near the line he gave him a couple of light flicks - reckon could have put another 20 metres on them...super impressive win.

curmudgeon likes this post.

ive had a real lash on Overarmed at Narrogin $11 - faves $1.25 - they met 2 starts back - 1 metre between them - and i know who had the harder run
    edited March 2019
    Fair dinkum had something on the four of them Voodoo, Royal, Minimum Wage and James, three of them couldn't be sighted with the best pair of binoculars, and the other one has gone down by a whisker.
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Overarmed cannot be used early and can rocket home when driven conservatively regardless of top end tempo .....so it breezes over 2600m .....was gone 3 laps from home. What goes through some minds ? 
    edited March 2019
    What made it for Tubs was American Voodoo can get out a lot better but began to hang out a bit shortly after the start - him and the three horse came fairly close and Tubbs ambled over.

No complaint about the drive on Minimum Wage - it had every possible. Just needed an inch.
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Thanks for that riders PMC has been putting up big runs just kept missing the start. Didn't even look at Narrogin tonight, don't even know what he paid and don't even want to look.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Haha yep I'm like that sometimes - don't want to look at the divies.

Curmudgeon - possibly a Shakin Stevens "(s)he drives me cwaaaaazy" ? haha

curmudgeon likes this post.

Talking of dividends place pool at Narrogin race 7 - super strong and mostly on Toto Picasso - $1.04 - fourth. It was showing money back most of betting - big all up place bet most likely - very dangerous territory in small pools.
    Miles desire next new trainer smokey.
    Cut above for JJ is a good thing in the next for mine

Cut above for JJ is a good thing in the next for mine

did a bit much early but good effort

Ridersonthestorm33, JayJay likes this post.

edited March 2019
    Great to see Tabtouch bookies bet a very generous $2.75 and a terrific $1.24 a place Brookies Jet - been around GP seventy times and searching for first win.
  • Chopchop43Chopchop43    151 posts
    Curm over armed is a fairly one paced type whos got home sat up in races that were run at an even solid tempo in that race last night i was fairly confident that he would run a good race from the breeze if he got there cheap enough which he did, the horse was actually traveling well at the bell, but my blue horse pulled up a bit big and may of needed the run more than hes work at home indicated

Ridersonthestorm33, curmudgeon likes this post.

^^ Great reply. Good luck with him.

Chopchop43 likes this post.

I might have been a bit savage with that appraisal then @Chopchop43 .... I was confident he would get the trip better than most in that race last night and lead with him in the novelties so was talking through my kick a bit  :D
    Not many breeze over 2662m at Narrogin and find the line though. 
    Your bloke has run some really strong races this prep when he has been unwanted in the betting and forgotten about in running...he is a bit underrated.
    Upwards and onward cobber .... I will stick with ya 

:-B

Ridersonthestorm33, Chopchop43 likes this post.

• Chopchop43Chopchop43    151 posts
    I think the longer trip definitely suits he's racing style, like i said i think it was more me thinking he was a bit more forward in condition than he actually was but will benefit from it. For a horse who was basically one run away from being sacked the penny's definitely dropped. Love the banter and discussion on this page keep up the great work

• ToepuntitToepuntit    241 posts

One of the runs of the night so far for me Pay Me Cullen at Narrogin...when on song up the bush it motors.

Near the line he gave him a couple of light flicks - reckon could have put another 20 metres on them...super impressive win.

<br/
    Watch it's last couple of runs at GP, with some room would have bloused them at 150-1 may have been last start,

• OffthebitOffthebit    597 posts
    Jnr hands up on $1.65 shot over the sprint trip after getting a soft lead and doesn’t even get queried. Can anyone tell me the last time they saw an odds on pop chose to hand up over a mile at gp?

Browny123, VillageKid, batfink, freodockers likes this post.

• batfinkbatfink    16 posts
    Blatant cheating and stable driving. Junior and Prentice take us for fools and no consequences

freodockers, Browny123, Offthebit likes this post.

Gilgamesh dislikes this post.

Gets better Battle of Bunbury if that wasn't team driving I don't know what was.
    Watching the first three placegetters at the start was just too obvious.
    Silly part was I thought the winner was a good each way bet but left it alone because it may get caught outside the leader.
    Nope rolls to the front and is a certainty from there.
    Had I known this I couldn't have got on quick enough.
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I wonder what those punters did who knew EM was going to lead.
    Very disappointing to see.
    Note I assume Turvey would have been driving to trainers instructions.
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    As much as $13 was bet Eloquent mach was bet which did appear way over the odds on its current form against the two fancies both resuming from spells.

Ridersonthestorm33, VillageKid likes this post.

• AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    edited March 2019
    If you have a close look at WA harness there is drives by leading drivers every week you would hope would get looked into too, and interference where nothing is done only a reprimand.
    Im not one to normally criticise stewards - but after having just watched a replay of that 100k 2 year old final quinalled by the 2 J Prentice horses -  i think it is very very poor stewardship - to at least not query the driving tactics - and driving instructions given by the trainer for the 2 runners

The interesting thing is the ownership - JP owned the winner and Pacing WA owned the 2nd horse - now if i owned the 2nd horse i would have wanted to keep the lead - and there is a rule saying you have to drive your horse so it is given the best possible chance of finishing in the highest possible position - well surely that is parking the 2nd fave - and someone said - it was a very soft lead

Without querying the driving tactics ( and im not suggesting this for a moment ) but what happened if  say the 2 sets of owners say - we will hand up the lead and 100 times out of 100 - we will run 1 and 2( where as with we dont hand up the lead - something might blouse both of us) - and whichever horse wins - we will equally split 1st and 2nd prizemoney - just like other sportsman do - if there is say a playoff - the winner gets the title - but we will split 1st and 2nd prizemoney irrespective of whoever wins . Or as Roy Higgins use to say - if he was involved in a tight photo in a big race - it was not uncommon for both jockeys to have a saver on the  photo result

To not at least query the driving tactics - pathetic stewardship - bordering on a joke.
  • MorganJamesMorganJames    173 posts
    There is no need to query driving tactics as in WA trainers with multiple runners see stewards before race and tell them the tactics so as i understand stewards know and stable clients .However the most important people the punting public are not made aware of these tactics.
    The stewards in there wisdom knew the second horse sat in the heats and would have found no problem with the tactics very clever by Justin Prentice and well done by him..
    The question i pose is if no stablemate in race
    A. would Manning sit ??
    answer No
    B.Would Justin kick away at 500
    answer No

Punter is not privy to this information and i believe it is a bad look for the industry and a major integrity issue..

Royboy likes this post.