G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 24 Non Members

Pinjarra- WA Country Derby

Harness & Greyhounds
VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
edited March 2019 Harness & Greyhounds
I hadnt realised that the time honoured WA Country Derby was on today at Pinjarra.
There have been some very good winners of this race in the past when previously run at Richmond Raceway & GP (including champion mares Daintys Daughter & Norms Daughter).
The winner was Fake News trained by Gary Hall Snr.
Does anyone know where the border for city-country begins as I would have thought Snr would have been considered a city trainer?

Comments

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Changed the boundaries some time back and the Hall stables would be outside the metro border.

VillageKid likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited March 2019
    Has obvious ability but that's now been at $1.65, $2.80 and $4.60, three times in a row The Watch Maker has galloped.

It's time to protect the punters!

Although if silly enough to back you reap what you sow. The well bred Lombo Pocket Watch horse bubbles at the drop of a hat, noticed again crossing the line was pacing strongly, if they could get him right he'd win races, but for the moment a total non betting proposition, either the horse should be banned or the punters banned for backing him.

A bookmakers dream horse.

Jodie's Pal saw her run a couple of reasonable races and a couple of shockers but 126/1 and 12/1 a place with him driving - had her around 25/1.

Thought the trotter Mortician was pretty good at Bunbury second up, his NZ form in average trotting races was quite good and their average totters events are much stronger than ours. That was a soft win today at $12.
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts

Changed the boundaries some time back and the Hall stables would be outside the metro border.

Fair enough Chariots I had always considered Serpentine on the metro fringe but obviously now qualifies as country.
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited March 2019
    Good luck if that's the boundaries, had every right to run, but that's not my idea of the spirit of the WA Country Derby.

VillageKid, Offthebit likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    The concept has been completely lost with the district Council Derbies no longer a qualifier for the Country Derby. The SW Derby and NE Derby are held after the Country Derby which is now a complete misnomer of a race, albeit a Westbred race for 30k.

VillageKid likes this post.

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Well that's just laughable.
    The metropolitan area is expanding so they shrink the expanse of the country derby.
    I will not start on those making these stupid decisions just beggars belief.

VillageKid, JayJay, Offthebit likes this post.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    To be fair the NE and Great Southern Derbies have battled to make up fields with horses from other districts allowed to compete if not already qualified.

The District Derby system as good as it was 20 plus years ago is from a bygone era.
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    First country derby winner I can remember was weebo real flash looker max.johnson drove it not sure if ted martinovich  trained or owned it.

The country peoples pacing cup.
    Agree Chariots but when they close half a dozen eastern districts clubs down for no good reason what did they think would happen ????

curmudgeon likes this post.

• AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    Did Voak interfere with Tornado Rock?

Horse gallops out of contention and he gets a reprimand.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    FREODOCKERS;;

RWWA what they go by for harnessracing.

HARNESS THE RYTHEM

BUILD THE PROFILE OR HARNESS RACING

INSTILL CONFIDENCE WITHIN INDUSTRY AND ENCOURAGE

PARTICIPATION TO BROADER AUDIENCE

BUT FIRST FORTIFY THEMSELVES AND SAY R YOU OK  BECAUSE WE ARE 

GOING REAL GOOD..;    Really  What  Where  About......

freodockers likes this post.

• squid69squid69    1,434 posts
    AbbysAce said:

Did Voak interfere with Tornado Rock?

Horse gallops out of contention and he gets a reprimand.

I agree - reading the Stewards Report he tightened Torpedo Rock, causing him to break and putting him out of the race altogether, and only gets a reprimand?? Swap the two drivers and I reckon Beckett would gave gotten time...

Cant_Refuse likes this post.

There was a better one the other week at GP where Micheal Grantham forced another runner over a peg whilst challenging for the lead.
    Same again reprimand on the basis he relieved pressure immediately on tightening. He pushed the horse leading down over the peg, how dangerous is that !!!!