G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 16 Non Members

Collie Cup Today.

Harness & Greyhounds
Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
edited March 2019 Harness & Greyhounds
Two very consistent horses head the betting in Cut Above and Budd Sidewinder. Hard to envisage an upset, but 2700 metres from the stand will make it interesting if either of the faves takes a backward step.

Going for the expertise of SS to bounce Cut Above away cleanly and go to an early lead and dictate from the front. Budd Sidewinder a big danger, Tactile Sensation continues to race well next best.

Three faves look the goods but an outsider sure to lob somewhere.

Comments

• AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    Go home Joe has never gone any good leading, so they hold the front again and finish unplaced  at odds on, why?
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    Been perfectly placed Cut Above and helped by a clean start and rating in front.
    Brugars Luck 125/1 slipstreams all the way and never going to miss a drum. One paced grinder.
    Thought the Mick Grantham drive one out one back was going to be a little threat, but gave up meekly.
    Off the beaten track - Kiwi Legend last night never seemed to travel at all.
    However on the line was looking very strong again. Bit of a strange run - not quite sure what to make of it.
  • ToepuntitToepuntit    241 posts
    But interesting that winner of R7. Recent stable change, just looking at the form has swapped between 2 stables a couple of times now, all 3 wins with the one stable from a handful of runs. Must enjoy the change of scenery
  • ToepuntitToepuntit    241 posts
    Sorry make that 2 of his 3 wins
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,273 posts
    Congrats to JJ with a winning double at Collie today including the Collie Cup.
    edited March 2019
    Not sure how true but they tell me JJ had a decent collect on a treble including the Brisbane Lions with his two Collie winners.

VillageKid likes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,273 posts
    A well deserved collect too if that is indeed correct Riders.

• JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    I don't know who"they" is ....and as much as I would like it to be true....."they" are simply making stuff up. Complete bolderdash. However, if you are talking about Glens at a hugely overs paying $10 based on him getting attacked non stop last Tuesday, then there may be a grain of truth considering I lashed out with a monstrous 10 each way, about as much as common sense allows when drawn 3 at Collie with a big horse that may or may not handle the tight circuit, which he clearly did not as you could observe with him hanging throughout the run. The experience of the driver was a huge bonus in getting the win.

jum, VillageKid, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    JJ I saw the odds after the fact as I was busy watching the dockers smash north Melbourne.
    I couldn't believe the odds but anyway hinsights a wonderful thing.
    At 10 bucks you would have to take the risk and have a decent go.
    Best horse in the field.
    I am a cautious man these days Freo!!!! ....he is a very big horse and quite inexperienced....and Collie can be very testing into the first turn. Don't think he has a huge future but he tries and is improving, quite well gaited. Needs as many laps as he can get in race conditions.
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Congratulations on the double JayJay.

I am sure the Collie Cup meant a lot.

Need your help on the Down Memory Lane thread.

JayJay, VillageKid likes this post.

Cheers Chariots, Collie Cup was something I did fancy winning, my heart is in grassroots racing.

Haven't had time to do any research but have had a throw at the stumps in the original thread but far from confident.

VillageKid likes this post.

• MuldoonMuldoon    317 posts
    Not sure this has been posted of the royalty  :D in our circle

curmudgeon, VillageKid, cisco, jum, squid69 likes this post.