G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 14 Non Members

Pinjarra Today.

Harness & Greyhounds
Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
edited April 2019 Harness & Greyhounds
Can the lightly raced Vincenzo Peruggia turn up trumps again ? He's closing in on 100k in prize money, just six or so weeks ago was hovering around 30k. Have horse, will race.

Think he can keep on keeping on and lead all the way from gate three. Not a fait accompli however with Lincs Tiger, The Midas Touch and the in form Catastrophic Event looking dangers.

Comments

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited April 2019
    Just half hour before start time Tabtouch has Vincenzo Peruggia 4/5 ($1.80 ) and another five horse's 7/1 ($8) or under.

How can you have five horses 7/1 or under with an odds on favourite ?
    The % they bet has got to the ridiculous stage.
    Find "overs"....yeah riiiiiiight.

In a field of nine - six of the nine are odds on for a place 8-|
    edited April 2019
    Must be good having a horse that can go around twice a week and earn.

One night runs against the the best of the best free for all horse's and the other day horse's like I'm Batman, Baylan Jett and Yackandandah he draw's three and they come out of five, six and eight - it's a funny handicapping system!

Good luck to him - all going well he'll be back Friday.

curmudgeon likes this post.

edited April 2019
    Gee whiz noticed a horse who always runs at 100/1 minimum by the name of Ark was running today, it wasn't a bad effort at Bunbury previous start - a new driver in Giles Inwood on today.

Never thought of him again and just saw was placed at $15 on tote, was paying $80 a win and on fixed odds a lousy $41 and $6.75 but just wondering if somebody had a nibble on him fixed especially for the place, his run at Bunbury for a million to one chance was ok. He did a lot of work in the run.

Captured Delight - stone last at previous two runs went around at $1.90 on tote in the final race. Amazing.
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts

Must be good having a horse that can go around twice a week and earn.

One night runs against the the best of the best free for all horse's and the other day horse's like I'm Batman, Baylan Jett and Yackandandah he draw's three and they come out of five, six and eight - it's a funny handicapping system!

Good luck to him - all going well he'll be back Friday.

Its not a handicapping system Riders. It's akin to giving a galloper any random allocation of the WFA weight scale in a race one week and then another random allocation of weight in a Benchmark race the next. 
    I included the definition of handicapping in a previous post quite a while ago....the HWOE system is both a mockery of that definition and the longer it stays around the more it is morphing into the previous MCR system with different nomenclature and a couple of tweaks eg top down points field selection everywhere instead of a mix including bottom up. It's almost as if "you can't mention the war" as a criticism otherwise you are painted as a heretic. Absolute Joke.

Ridersonthestorm33, TrackBias likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    I didnt watch any of the races their today - very rarely bet their

However with all trots meetings each day ( well WA NSW and VIC ACT  ) in the morning when the fixed odds go up on Tab.com - i flick through  them

And im pretty sure Tubbs Farquhar ( who i thought had no hope ) opened at $151 fixed - its starting price was $31 fixed

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

edited April 2019
    Haha me too...when perusing the fields thought well that's one that won't be winning - Tubbs.

However if 150/1 - yep that's a different story for 5 or 10 each way - thought after the race 25/1 tote wasn't too bad - but nah thought really no hope especially gate 7 and where he was going to get.

Wasn't a strong field by the same token. Might have underrated him a fraction. Think if I was a chariots bookie would have had him 20/1 and happy to let anybody on..ouch.
    edited April 2019
    Just out of curiousity would the stewards be doing any extra checks on Vincenzo ? Or just leave it up to the trainer to present in good health on Raceday.

Nothing wrong with his form that's for sure, but sometimes see him and think hope you're going ok mate because even I'm starting to get a bit dizzy watching you go around twice a week.

Racing on the speed - leading or breezing each race - he's a workhorse alright - and he's paying!
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    edited April 2019
    Tubbs price defied logic, check his form. Brother to Jumbo Operator from the great Dainty's Daughter family. Anyone who put up $151 or put a line through him deserved to get smacked, not doing their homework.

VillageKid likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts

Just out of curiousity would the stewards be doing any extra checks on Vincenzo ? Or just leave it up to the trainer to present in good health on Raceday.

Nothing wrong with his form that's for sure, but sometimes see him and think hope you're going ok mate because even I'm starting to get a bit dizzy watching you go around twice a week.

Racing on the speed - leading or breezing each race - he's a workhorse alright - and he's paying!

Don't worry about his welfare Riders.....by the time he is 13 he will have had 350 starts, earnt $700+ K and be as hale and hearty as any number of Tony's previous war horses. His only problem will come if he outlasts Tony. 
  • MorganJamesMorganJames    175 posts
    No 151.00 was bet about Tubbs 
    Opened 12.0  SP was 34.0
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts

Opened 12.0  SP was 34.0
    I presume youve got a TAB.COM.AU betting account  ?

Im not talking OZ Bet/Tab Touch some back water minnow who gives terrible unders on basically everything called Trotting

And im positive Tubbs opened $151 on TAB.Com.au - because i remember thinking at the time - that horse ( even though i thought it had no chance ) had been going around and winning at long odds on quotes
  • Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    841 posts
    Markovina said:

Opened 12.0  SP was 34.0
    I presume youve got a TAB.COM.AU betting account  ?

Im not talking OZ Bet/Tab Touch some back water minnow who gives terrible unders on basically everything called Trotting

And im positive Tubbs opened $151 on TAB.Com.au - because i remember thinking at the time - that horse ( even though i thought it had no chance ) had been going around and winning at long odds on quotes

You’ve dreamt it mate

MorganJames, PackedMetalPanda likes this post.

• MorganJamesMorganJames    175 posts
     I can guarantee you and agree with Rocket Reign you are 100 percent incorrect.
    Tab.com.au opened at 14.0 and finished SP at 31.0..