G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 15 Non Members
TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
saw this 3yo Americain gelding win at Caulfield on Saturday. 
He had no business winning from near last over 1400m with rail out... but he mowed them down. 
should be 3 from 3, was also a good thing beaten at Sandown 1300m at his previous run. 

big future, especially when he steps up in distance. 
+1 -1

Yankee likes this post.

Comments

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    racing Saturday in the 1600m sires at Caulfield. 

squid69 likes this post.

• squid69squid69    1,434 posts
    Have backed both Tarwin and Kylease today, also multied them up. Hoping step up in distance will suit both of them. Tarwin looks an exciting prospect for sure.

Yankee likes this post.

• YankeeYankee    299 posts
    Kylease is Ladbrokes lay of the day and they are giving $3.50 Max bet $50
  • squid69squid69    1,434 posts
    Very impressive win by Tarwin. Circled the field and gutsed it right out.
    super impressive, allowed to drop out last from the inside gate... over raced middle stages, widest at turn and toughed it out... as squid said above. 
    Keep following. 

The G3 Rough Habit Plate would see Tarwin stretched to 2000 metres on May 11 or he could be kept for the G2 Queensland Guineas over 1600m on May 8.
  • OhsomodestOhsomodest    67 posts
    Tarwin not nom’d for the Derby surprisingly.

I thought Wham ran well against Tarwin last start, producing better closing sectionals. Wham’s $101 for the Qld Derby, Tarwin was favourite until not nominated. Wham was unlucky not to win the Bendigo Guineas earlier in his prep..

Wham may need to lift his rating to make the field but $101 seems generous.
    not in the rough habit this weekend either...
    First up in r4 at flemington Saturday
    Beau Mertens torched it... was a huge run. Keep following but I fear the cat is out of the bag with that run
    In the last at Caulfield on Sunday as a $3.80 shot.
    needs a good tempo to avoid what happened two weeks back but put the writing on the wall that day. I'll be backing up. 
    scratched from Sunday's meeting. the subsequent winner of that race, Harbour Views... looks super smart... so we may have dodged a bullet there. 
    seems to have gone AWOL since his unlucky fun first up. 
    Ive followed up with my contact in Vic to find out whats happened... but you'd think something is amiss given his first up run was 6-7 weeks back.