G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

2 Members & 16 Non Members
Race 6 tonight Fusion Power first start since May 2012.
Don't think I have ever seen that before.
Horse would have forgotten how to pace, probably thinks he's having his first start in a race.

Comments

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,717 posts
    I think Kaydee Stratton is a great chance at odds tonight and I think one of Kohli or Murphys Bettor are a big chance of knocking off the hotpot in race 2.
  • Cant_RefuseCant_Refuse    198 posts
    Murphy’s better? Surely your pulling the piss. He’s got a bigger allergy to the winning post then Lui Alberto did when Gary Hall Snr had him

Rocket_Reign, Gilgamesh, VillageKid likes this post.

• ToepuntitToepuntit    241 posts

Race 6 tonight Fusion Power first start since May 2012.
    Don't think I have ever seen that before.
    Horse would have forgotten how to pace, probably thinks he's having his first start in a race.

The mailing have received on this runner is that it goes mighty Close tonight

VillageKid likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    Previously posted:

He could run too, was a pretty serious horse...albeit a long time ago.
    Has his own little piece of history when he dead-heated with Clifford at
    GP..... both the "winners" were trained by John Graham with Kade Howson
    and Justin Prentice driving.  And remarkably, his current trainer
    Hayden Reeves had two runners in that dead-heat race. Useless piece of
    trivia, I know, but good luck to them.

VillageKid likes this post.

• GlenGlen    38 posts
    No disrespect to the horses running tonight but I can’t remember there been a worse nights racing at GP, this could be the start of things to come. Terrible

curmudgeon, Betonme likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    At least very even fields - the early quaddie paid $1.60!
    The mail was right. Very impressive from the death seat.... Not a bad return from 7 yrs in the paddock.

JayJay, curmudgeon, VillageKid, savethegame likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,717 posts

Murphy’s better? Surely your pulling the ****. He’s got a bigger allergy to the winning post then Lui Alberto did when Gary Hall Snr had him

Just thought he would get the nice trip on the back of the fav and be a chance of knocking him off. Not to be.

Send him to the Lewis's

VillageKid, Kane_26, Cant_Refuse likes this post.

Some might have seen Matthew James, Franco Edward, Ideal Liner, Our Corelli in the noms (all at less than $1.30) and thought, gee not much hope of beating them, lets wait and race somewhere else....don't know but there is some logic if that is what they thought???
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    Great training performance by Hayden Reeves to get Hezgot Fusion Power to win first up off a 7 year spell.  =D>
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Toepuntit said:

The mail was right. Very impressive from the death seat.... Not a bad return from 7 yrs in the paddock.

The impressive thing for me is that someone has looked after this horse for such a long time until now....and they deserve a big pat on the back for that effort. Couldn't have had a better reward first up....not for the financial aspect.....just the sheer pleasure of watching him strut his stuff again.

Toepuntit said:

The impressive thing for me is that someone has looked after this horse for such a long time until now....and they deserve a big pat on the back for that effort. Couldn't have had a better reward first up....not for the financial aspect.....just the sheer pleasure of watching him strut his stuff again.

Totally agree,
  • GlenGlen    38 posts
    JayJay said:

Some might have seen Matthew James, Franco Edward, Ideal Liner, Our Corelli in the noms (all at less than $1.30) and thought, gee not much hope of beating them, lets wait and race somewhere else....don't know but there is some logic if that is what they thought???

Yeah I think your right JayJay. I also think the programming has helped these connections with the free hits to these horses ( like I said earlier no disrespect) but it would be very embarrassing for RWWA if this night fell over from lack of nominations. Couldn’t imagine this meeting standing up anywhere else eg. country

curmudgeon likes this post.

• GlenGlen    38 posts
    Also well done to Hayden, good bloke and good training performance, well deserved. Only good thing to come out of tonight
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Seven years later,;;;;;;;;;;; first prizemoney last night 23 april 2019 4,484,;;;;;;;;;;;;  glen  8th may 2012, 5,200,  c0-c1 race at harvey   What was Richard burt's  salary 2012, in comparsion to know…..Hope the owners get a special mention on awards night.   

Offthebit likes this post.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    That was a promotional CO/C1 for $8,000 that they were running from time to time and was the biggest stake on the program. Other races were a gross of $5,500.
    Seen that but it was there to be won. as a co-c1. and all that was on offer last night  was there to be won as well. 
    Conveniently left that information out savethegame as it did not suit your argument.

Total stake money for 6 races GP Tuesday was $51k. The Harvey meeting 8 races was $46k.

Agree that 6 races is far from ideal and 8 races would have produced $66k in stake money.

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    If you read the owners I don't think many of them would have been there last night.
    Chariots why can't we afford these promotional races now, is it because our administration costs &wages have gone through the roof,.Do you have you any idea what Richard  was on in 2012,compared 2019.
    edited April 2019
    Before the HWOE inception some provincial/country clubs were managing their stakemoney allocations by running an R class race per meeting and reallocating the 3K "leftover" to either a CO on the same program making that 10 K or stockpiling the money to add to major country cups races.
    Result....generally full fields in the R and  C class events and substantial addition to the stakemoney of two or three races per season at country cup level.

Criticism came that the situation was catering to mediocrity ( same old brain dead sloganism )

Result...GP "Prime" ...basically overpaid trials for juveniles spoilt by the HWOE transition system and Maidens barred unless they race out of their class to prop up the appalling nominations in races containing few horses that are often well out of form. And all for inflated stakemoney to acknowledge the "primeness" of the Tuesday occasion.

That horse hezgot fusion power, his previous win 5/3/2012 he also got 5,200 every other race the winners got 5,200,except for the main race it was worth 25,000 ohokas bondy reiceved 16,250.

We all know that harness can't justify the percentage they are receiving  28% and only contributing  14%, more the reason the belt has to be tightened , too many people getting to big  slice of the pie,crumbs left for coal face players.
    Stake Money for a full meeting at GP Tuesday would have been an increase of 43% on the Harvey meeting.

The CEO's salary according to the Annual Report increased 21% in the same period.

Simplistic comparisons and you would have to do a full review of the Financial Reports all of which are available on the RWWA website to get the full picture.

Harness definitely under pressure in recent years due to decreasing performance.
    edited April 2019
    I defy anyone to go through the GPPBD races at Kellerberrin on Sunday and define the purpose and effect of that (non) handicapping rationale. What an absolute joke. Perhaps Brett Pelling needs to return from the US and go through it again with us lesser mortals.

Zimmerman likes this post.

Narrogin meeting Saturday $82,000 in stakes and nearly all full fields amidst the doom and gloom.

PackedMetalPanda likes this post.

Yes, the trainers are voting with their feet, no Franco Edward, Ideal Liner etc to cause people to think they have no chance. Country tracks are providing the best racing at the moment and as much as I would like it to be $82,000 in stakes, I can only tally up $72,000 over the 10 races.

Kane_26, curmudgeon, Offthebit likes this post.

You are correct JayJay. I thought I could add up better than that.

I still don't agree with looking at the nominations before acceptances.  Has created many problems in all states and has been manipulated by some stables as well.
    All good Chariots, I was just being pernickety.

From my point of view, as an owner of some modest steeds, if you weren't able to see the noms prior to acceptance, trying to remain competitive would be nigh on impossible. If you are dual nominated for say both GP and Northam on a weekend, and the noms for GP contain very high class horses, along with an RBD condition, and you have no chance of being even remotely competitive.....well, what are you supposed to do? Sometimes with programming, it is unavoidable...either start them and hope they get a soft run and don't get distanced or leave them at home. And sometimes you get bloused out at the Country tracks by the powerhouse stables, plenty of examples I can quote you where that has happened, even at very distant tracks. ....or you draw the river and have zero chance anyway.

I see your point re manipulation, but without noms being available, many horses would run the risk of simply being uncompetitive. I have one at the moment that has one a single metro city stake race and he is fast becoming almost unplaceable....he is fine from the stand and you can occasionally find a suitable race in which he can be competitive but often, his only race is one in town and he gets flogged, especially if he draws poorly. He costs just the same to feed and train and he needs all the help he can get in trying to find a race in which he doesn't embarrass everyone. Be a good claimer horse if we still had them, after that, not much future and he will be moved on...somewhere.
    edited April 2019
    When you cater for the minority you get a minority roll up ....simple as that. There are a lot more ordinary horses around than outstanding horses. It's not up to those owners and trainers of the lesser lights to provide cannon fodder because some seat warmer or other has developed policy that snubs their right to exist. 
    As ye sow so shall ye reap.
    Curmudgeon;;Dead right harness racing exactly like a pyramid  because there are more slow ones than fast ones and there are more hobbyists that play then professionals.the wider the base spreads is the higher and stronger the pyramid becomes.which in turn.improves every facet of the industry. 

Disgrace what was dealt up last Tuesday at g.p. no blame policy on anyone,  coming off the easter four day break which a lot hobbyists take advantage of.. Then prior to another public holiday Anzac day  thursday, of cause some trainers  did make a tactical decision  to save owners money, we can't beat this or that, and narrogin is going to better option on sat..2018 easter and Anzac day were roughly 22days apart. not 4 days. as 2019

But the glory days for harness has long gone...Know rwwa have employed a very fair thinking person, my belief fair thinking people implement fair play,Because of the glory days, harness people thought they were insulated from the times we are in.

Would like the whole  industry to vote to see how many would be able to attend Friday country meetings that start at roughly midday; First call of punters money,as Saturdays nights are no good. with respect to busselton,which is set in stone, kelli on sundays collie sundays, Albany sundays. pinjarra Mondays. so mainly referring to northam ,bunbury, narrogin, with a rotation for Tuesday nights. Bridgetown to be catered for.

As all the big stables trainers virtually don't drive, as in bond, hall oilvieri,padberg,scott, we see these stables generally use warwick edgeton-green brown , hall (jnr) macdonald  lewis voak   suvaljko edwards.to a lesser extent k.harper,j.prentice.k.prentice.

At acceptance time the option would be there to attend either meeting or what ever one was in there best interests., and every week at the country Friday meeting one race set aside for junior drivers or  trainer drivers.. that hasn't driven x amount winners in previous 12 months. Harness racing can ill afford  to have any. more trainers  leave, more that enjoy some sort success more chance of staying involved. we don't have the luxury of border hoping.

Maybe the majority of hobbyists wouldn't be able to make Friday midday meetings so it wouldn't work. only one way to find-out.