G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 25 Non Members

UK RACEBOOKS

East Coast Racing
i recently attended a few meetings in the UK averaging $36 for basic gate admittance to average race meetings. Attended Newcastle supposed twilight meeting to view racing under floodlights but daylight saving meant I saw only the last in twilight mode.Hexham i does have a brilliant scenic backdrop but but very cold and basic amenities. Toodyay and Santa Anita certainly on a par.
JPG
JPG
IMG_0236.JPG
JPG
JPG
IMG_0239.JPG

Comments

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    Correction...The cheapest entry fee I encountered was $22 for a very poor standard race meeting but hey it was a day out, fresh english country air etc
  • ElitistElitist    365 posts

Encountered the same when I was in the UK last year. The racebooks were horrible, maybe just been spoilt with Perth racebooks for so long, I struggle with racebooks over east as well, don't ever change the Perth form guides!.

Went out to York for what I thought was a standard race meeting, the fields/races certainly said that but when I got there it was the crowd bigger than our Super Saturdays! Will be back in the UK throughout June/July so will be heading to a few meetings in Northern England, have considered getting the train down south for one of the Royal Ascot days but haven't decided..

The racebooks are fine but the entry cost is a joke considering facilities.

Enjoy your holiday Elitist and do your best to get to Royal Ascot. It will be packed and bar the big screens you may not see many races but the experience is worth it.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    did you see the entry prices.....fair dinkum!!
    Entry prices in the UK are a rort yet if you watch SKY the crowds at times are massive and mostly better than our local paltry numbers