Race 6- Vultan Tin
Race 7- Our Angel Of Harlem
Race 8- Arma Indie
Race 9- Double Expresso
Race 10- Mortician

Comments

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited April 2019
    Last start The Midas Touch worked in the breeze, had odds on fave Vincenzo on his back - beat Vincenzo on his merits - tonight with class driver again Shannon Suvaljko went around at 20/1. That's remarkable.

He drew the seven but the over reaction to the barrier draw - odds wise can be skew with. Some very average horse's drawn near the pegs went around way unders (again ).
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    The old broken record only two drivers that win on 20 dollar chance suvaljko,;;lewis. on a regular basis.
    edited April 2019
    In the early 90's a knowledgable punter said to me "Lewis is overrated and only wins on favourite's". Hope he's changed his mind over the years.

Back then he was a far better dashing driver than he is now. Reflexes slow us all down with age - but he's still not bad!

Suvaljko goes far and wide for his drives - he's honed his craft with clever drives on horses with limited ability.
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Looked at Midas touch last rune vs favourites. Know which one I preferred, sat and listened no bet not happy. The trend continues consistent outsiders coming in with form.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    How's bob wheel good last start winner 61.00 fixed barrier two. Up in grade maybe but there crazy odds.
    edited April 2019
    Stg you can think about adding Chris Voak to that list. The "Voak train" has been getting some big priced runners into the money.

Ross Olivieri trained horses often go around at big odds despite being consistent.

Also noticed in the first race running home for third at 33/1 and $6.80 a place from gate 12 Frostyflyer - Lewis - Olivieri.

Can remember when he drove R. Olivieri - could bob up into the placings at a price from time to time as could Colin Joss.
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Someone on here used to delight in throwing pies at R.Warwick. Hope he was watching that absolute "shocker" of a steer on I'm Soxy.
  • AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts

Stg you can think about adding Chris Voak to that list. The "Voak train" has been getting some big priced runners into the money.

Ross Olivieri trained horses often go around at big odds despite being consistent.

Also noticed in the first race running home for third at 33/1 and $6.80 a place from gate 12 Frostyflyer - Lewis - Olivieri.

Can remember when he drove R. Olivieri - could bob up into the placings at a price from time to time as could Colin Joss.

You wont see a better drive than Voaks in race 2
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts

In the early 90's a knowledgable punter said to me "Lewis is overrated and only wins on favourite's". Hope he's changed his mind over the years.

Back then he was a far better dashing driver than he is now. Reflexes slow us all down with age - but he's still not bad!

Suvaljko goes far and wide for his drives - he's honed his craft with clever drives on horses with limited ability.

Always put the old master on a pedalstool , gee he needs a new battery for his in built- clock.after droping in his stablemates lap, after running a bit silly early,probably to make sure stablemate holds  his back, wet fish slap, before your next drive champ.
    edited April 2019
    What a good horse The Bucket List has been, mentioned last week where Vultan Tin and Always Arjay have come from in their respective pacing career's , this guy is another who improved out of nowhere to be running well in an Inter's Final and another year a Consolation Final victory.

Sometimes theories on punting work - other times they don't - but the first horse put a line through tonight was the favourite Vultan Tin - as good a horse he's been - no horse wins these Free For All's two weeks in a row! Every week a different winner - there such an even bunch. Let's see if The Bucket List can buck that trend next start.

Talking of improvement - Luis Alberto he take's the cake. Six months ago was a huge risk running against horse's Dominate The Dojo etc, now he's a genuine Free For All horse hitting the line strongly .

Next week just might be his go - after all, there will be a different winner, apologies to The Bucket List.
    edited April 2019
    Will be interested, commencing with the Pinjarra Cup ( El Jacko ) to see the "score count" between these horse's.

From quick memory these have all won - Always Arjay, Our Jimmy Johnston, Vultan Tin, Whozideawasthis, The Bucket List, Kiwi Legend, Handandwheels and El Jacko, that's eight can think of - a whole field of them. Yes a different winner every week.

Next Friday Luis Alberto to make nine!
    edited April 2019
    The hunch was the ex Kiwi filly would either win by 20 metres or be the first horse beaten - and wasnt taking $1.40 to find out!

Odds on bettors - no braver punter's have ever graced the track.

The guy on Sky said where's that fave - definetly has'nt run top three, cmmmmmon it was just getting to Scotchman's Hill area when the rest were passing the post.

Something went wrong with the horse, but it's still marvellous how many of them get rolled.

• OffthebitOffthebit    597 posts
    edited April 2019
    JayJay said:

Someone on here used to delight in throwing pies at R.Warwick. Hope he was watching that absolute "shocker" of a steer on I'm Soxy.

Poking the bear jay jay!!!
    I haven't done the research but i reckon he has been beaten on about 10 faves in the last month or so.......
    He is entitled to bob with a decent drive every now and then......
    I reckon his drive on im soxy a couple of weeks ago was better. Rated it perfectly to beat his only danger in front. Lets let sleeping dogs lie....

JayJay likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Fair call OTB, I was just being a bit mischievious....but I do like it when a driver takes a free lance steer for a small trainer like Brian and drives it like it was his own, if not better than his own.....and it was a textbook steer. As someone who relies on free lance/outside drivers, I very much appreciate the good steers I receive.
    I can't recall Brian having a better horse, and Ryan has done a superb job for him....as Shannon has done for me...as Voaky did on Back To The Beach at GP and Masked Diablo at Kellerberrin for Russell Lees first winner, Nathan on Jaspervella and so on. Think they generally give owners some pretty good service.

Offthebit likes this post.

• OffthebitOffthebit    597 posts
    Im with you mate on hobby trainers getting a winner. My next door neighbor trains quincey brogden and its great to see the joy he gets out of it when he runs a place or pinches a win here and there. He works full time and looks after 4 kids and a horse!! Without guys like these the industry would shut down and be done and dusted....