G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 18 Non Members
Is the pontiff coming back or has he put the saddle in the locker?

Comments

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Why has no one commented on this......Are you all still scared of Mrs Harvey???

Desperado, Tucool likes this post.

• SquiddySquiddy    89 posts
    Was on course on saturday
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    RIO said:

No, but out of respect for Janelle and Paul why comment? I spoke with Paul only two weeks ago but he was still awaiting a clearance from the Doctor following his last fracture. I thought this was well documented following the incident.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Out of respect for them??? He is a very public figure due to his profession. No-one was asking personal questions about him...It was a straight out question, so those who knew the answer could have just answered it....

A simple.."He's still waiting for a clearance" would have done the job. I know i had totally forgotten about it, as that is the reason for me bumping the thread.

Now we all know. No -ones offended, or disrespected. Just a bit of knowledge is passed on to those who didn't have it before.....Very easy
    :D :D

spinking, rooboy, paraletic, Tucool likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    Look I have no disrespect at all for P. Harvey one of our greatest jockeys over the last couple decades. But seriously have a problem with that comment on a racing forum out of respect.Yes Damien we should treat everyone with respect, the same respect should be afforded to everyone that is mentioned on here, regardlles of there misdemeanours but they are not why?. Because this is a racing forum and people post their opinions on what ever the subject matter is. That is the exact reason this forum exists

rooboy, RIO likes this post.

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    Perhaps I should have said, that 'out of respect why comment' is the reason why I didn't comment. I regard Paul and Janelle as friends, I was asking for a favor as I needed an opinion and Paul has never been wrong with his assessments in the past. Anyway I'm more interested in Golf and the conversation quickly moved to that.

This thread was started by someone fishing with his first ever post. Enough said.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    We should have all sent the poster a 6 pack and a $20 betting voucher. New commentators are a rare breed these days!!!

The Pont is an out and out champion. One of my biggest thrills i've had in this industry is standing in the stalls down at Lark Hill having a 20 minute conversation with him and the trainer of the horse at the time.

All that said, he is a public figure and even though we all know that he doesn't like that part of it..It goes hand in hand. An questions will always be asked. This is an easy one. I hope he rides past Danny......maybe the poster was hoping we'd start a guessing game and drag his name through the mud!?!?!?!
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited May 2019
    RIO said:

We should have all sent the poster a 6 pack and a $20 betting voucher. New commentators are a rare breed these days!!!

I hope he rides past Danny..
    The first statement is a classic. We need every new member we can get.. Rio you are the one paying for the pack and vouchers even if you have to sell a horse to do so.

He and no other jockey will ever ride past Danny and I am very comfortable with that.

RIO, thefalcon likes this post.

• dtrifdtrif    2 posts
    RIO said:

Out of respect for them??? He is a very public figure due to his profession. No-one was asking personal questions about him...It was a straight out question, so those who knew the answer could have just answered it....

A simple.."He's still waiting for a clearance" would have done the job. I know i had totally forgotten about it, as that is the reason for me bumping the thread.

Now we all know. No -ones offended, or disrespected. Just a bit of knowledge is passed on to those who didn't have it before.....Very easy
    :D :D
    spinking said:

Look I have no disrespect at all for P. Harvey one of our greatest jockeys over the last couple decades. But seriously have a problem with that comment on a racing forum out of respect.Yes Damien we should treat everyone with respect, the same respect should be afforded to everyone that is mentioned on here, regardlles of there misdemeanours but they are not why?. Because this is a racing forum and people post their opinions on what ever the subject matter is. That is the exact reason this forum exists

RIO said:

No, but out of respect for Janelle and Paul why comment? I spoke with Paul only two weeks ago but he was still awaiting a clearance from the Doctor following his last fracture. I thought this was well documented following the incident.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Its always been a touchy topic this one.
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    Paul rode at the trials yesterday and Ernie Manning reports he said he will be back riding if not this Saturday then next week..
  • meatpiemeatpie    410 posts
    Champion