1 Members & 12 Non Members

Horse Deaths Concern In California

East Coast Racing

Comments

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    It seems very weird to say the least.
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited June 2019
    Not 100% sure on this...but arnt their horses allowed to run with certain drugs that are barred here ? And rightly so ( banned here ).

Don't know what the story is now or in the situation above but Lasix use a few years back was very controversial in the USA.
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    its just at the one racecourse apparently... 
    That's what makes it weird I think...
  • ArloArlo    122 posts
    Some years ago there were 11 deaths in California, 7 of the under the same trainer.
  • The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    Hall of fame trainer Bob Baffert. Different track though, and different circumstances.
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    edited June 2019
    im smelling a rat here. They are being nobbled. Thats way too many deaths.
    I think you've just said what everyone is thinking.
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts

SLIPPERGOLDEN, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    Some very good people and some bad apples - not real difficult to see who's who.

SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited June 2019
    Interesting to note one bad apple defending another....as they do. There are a couple on there who should have been banned from the sport years ago.

USA racing has been at a low ebb for years and this doesn't exactly help to advance the situation.

I attended races at an American track a couple of years ago and witnessed the most unfit looking racehorses I have ever seen. It wasn't a major racetrack but Australian punters do bet on races at the track and the races are covered by Sky
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Finally jerry hollendorfer kicked out of santa anita,after another one  died yesterday at tracwork,surely his 19 drug related convictions since 2006, might have got them thinking.

Ridersonthestorm33, SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    Possibly the most far fetched thing I've ever read.... but have a squiz anyhow:

Im pretty sure horses would be dropping dead in Japan and China before they would in California... 
    The autopsy reports should confirm or deny this, if they are /were ever done. Radiology? Toxicology? These would instantly give an answer.

But then the author would argue the Vets are in on it too. I think this is a case of someone joining dots that aren't related at all. All to familiar in the age of (mis) information.

TheDiva likes this post.