In this Discussion

Who's Online

• sonny   19 seconds ago
1 Members & 33 Non Members

Pearl Classic Final GP Friday

Harness & Greyhounds
Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
edited June 2019 Harness & Greyhounds
Not quite as much depth in the division for the 2yr old colts and geldings Group One Pearl Classic Final with four runners dominating the betting and the other six approaching 100/1 and better.

Approximate Odds Wednesday.
Aristocratic Star 11/8
Valentine's Brook 5/2
Jaxon Jones 7/2
Manning 7/2
66/1 and better the rest.

Winner, quinella, trifecta and probably quartet to come from those four - but to cut it down by 50% - Valentines Brook and Manning my main two. The longer priced Justin Prentice runner or astute trainer Mike Reed, one of them to win!
Jaxon Jones and Aristocratic Star super hard to beat.

Good luck all.

Comments

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    Talking about rich 2 year  old classic races - i was watching the Trots last Sat night - and i noticed Globe Derby had their very 1st 100k - Allwood Stud classic final for 2 year olds . When i saw that stud name - i thought they race a stack of horses with Peter Anderson

But the SA concept is a brilliant idea - they restrict the sale to just 35 horses - thus your in with a shout if you buy a yearling at that sale - probably the best thing to happen to SA Harness racing in years

JayJay, Gilgamesh, cisco likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,717 posts
    Watching the heats riders I thought they were pretty even and a lot would come down to the draw. Aristocratic Star got the draw and is deservedly fav. Should be winning IMO again as they look so even. Manning sprinting hard if someone decides to unjustly put on the tempo is the only other one I could see winning it.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited June 2019
    Was abit surprised how they've got the fave at what looks a reasonable $2.25...especially from barrier 2 ( knowing how short and under price assesors can go from the inside draws ).

They've got the three main dangers very tight in the betting, so lots of respect there, think the fave might firm right up though and at least a couple of drifters from the other three chances. We'll see.
    edited June 2019
    Vincenzo and I'm Soxy have drawn the short straws in the Free For All they've won about 250k between them and will start from 8,9 whilst nearly $2million earner The Bull goes inside them from the 7.
  • OnTheBridleOnTheBridle    36 posts
    Aristocratic Star incredibly hard to beat. Should lead throughout.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

Haven't had a crack at the form a while so hopefully somewhere near it.

R1: Very open race, If I was playing the early quad I’d
    be tempted to go field. For sake of a tip I’ll go
    No2 Liam Niel. Nice
    run last week and I think he is the leader but I do have question marks over his
    strength to lead throughout over 2500m this grade.

Tip: No2 Liam Niel. No bet.

R2: Sportsbet up yesterday afternoon, not sure how
    much you could get on but it was a pleasant surprise. You can leave me out of
    $1.75 Zennart, sure it has performed well in the past against good
    opposition but I’d need to see something this time in before parting with my
    hard earned. I had something small Mad Robber @$8 the Mrs acc (Closed
    mine years ago after a dispute). The 1 and the 2 will hold forward positions, Cracka
    Star
    will want the fence so there is a good chance Mad Robber will
    get straight off in to the moving line early. He is a better leader but he has
    hit form now and will be strong @2500m, had to back him at the price, still
    worth a bet @$6. The other one that interests me is Natural Disaster. If
    he can settle in running for the new stable (big if for this guy) he has class
    on these and can sprint straight past them.

Tip: No10 Mad Robber. Bet: Mad Robber EW, something small straight out
    Natural Disaster

R3: The more I look at it the more I think Therugo
    gets across and is too quick home for the fav. However Jnr is following out a
    good beginner with Ideal Liner and there is always the chance he tries
    to get over tactical and somehow keep Therugo wide from the second row.
    The recent over concern of team Hall on just one other runner in a race does
    scare me a bit so I will not be in this for a lot. Some good value in the
    backline horses darting through late to fill gaps in the First Four.

Tip: No7 Therugo. Bet: FF:7/11/1,2,5,8,10,12/1,2,5,8,10,12. 100% costs
    $30, rotate 11 through.

R4: Chicago Bull, wont be trying to make any money on
    the FFA.

R5: Aristocratic Star well supported off the good
    draw, does look the leader and winner. Valentines Brook gets up outside
    it and sticks on well. Jaxon Jones 1,1 on its back gives it a chance to
    run in to the tri. Manning has the best sprint but might just be that bit
    far back to run past all three of them. Doesn’t look to be any surprises from
    outside the market.

Tip: No2 Aristocratic Star. Bet: Is well found now and probably only
    tightens further but worth a play if getting back out to that $2.25 range.

R6: I like this race. Again you can leave me out of
    the $2 Smoldering Ashes. Not saying it can’t win, liked the run 2 starts
    back but it is just too short. Interesting move Bad Round $20-$12 early.
    He was good last start and his best could lead throughout. Other times he can
    hand up and struggle to keep their backs. That support indicates to me that having
    a crack at leading is the intention, with Smoldering Ashes and Bettor
    Be lively
    likely to have a crack at it as well I think they may set it up
    for the run on types. Sweet N Fast is a horse that looks very good when
    things are on its terms and can look not so good at time when they are not. It
    is overs based on how I see the event being run. Livura was pretty
    genuine last Friday and will get a lovely run through. The one I’m likely to
    back though is Mister Ardee. 9 is not usually his go but I’m hoping race
    run upside down he can get right to the outside and flood over them, am
    expecting close to double his current $21 price.

Tip: No9 Mister Ardee. Bet: No9 Mister Ardee EW. Novelties around 1,6,8,9,10,12.

R7: Heaza Head Honcho Looks the obvious leader and
    one to beat, he can get tired late though. I give Baylan Jett a really
    solid chance of beating him off the soft trip a touch back in grade. I’ve been
    on Jailbreak all 3 runs since the stable change. He was a bit disappointing
    Monday but was nom’d for the Sat meeting that didn’t go ahead so likely needed
    the run, 3 back the fence really suits him.

Tip: No10 Baylan Jett. Bet: Baylan Jett win.
    FF:1,10,11/1,10,11/1,8,10,11,12/1,5,8,10,11,12. 100% costs $54.

R8: I really like Infinite Symbol here EW
    sitting on the back of the leader. Really expecting her to improve here off the
    back of getting to see the pegs at GP. She is my best.

Tip: No10 Infinite Symbol. Bet: No10 Infinite Symbol EW.

Races 9 and 10 are watch Saturday mornings for me.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    Race 1- Highroller Joe
    Race 2- Natural Disaster
    Race 3- Ideal Liner
    Race 4- Chicago Bull
    Race 5- Manning
    Race 6- Sweet n Fast
    Race 7- Heza Head Honcho
    Race 8- Fake News
    Race 9- Theo Aviator
    Race 10- My Prayer

savethegame, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    well done batfink.? still in manning
    edited June 2019
    That's a very good effort from Manning.

The other horse that impressed earlier had him for third and fourth in the first four - it hit the line with gusto - rocketing home - better horse than I thought - I'm Soxy.
    edited June 2019
    Jocelyn Young continues her merry run of roughies into the money. Mentioned to a fellow punter just recently...she's one hell of an underrated driver.

When doing my top ten drivers had her just outside, he didn't agree...but I'll stand by that. It's all about opportunity and from limited opportunities she gets many long shots into the frame.
    Great effort gilga.. mister ardee, got a good push for it from another source but no listen..

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

edited June 2019
    Get the Bonanza music theme going....well done Gilga!

Realise say it verbatim but is uncanny how often those inside drawn heavily fancied runners get rolled. Aristocratic Star (4/7) and Smoldering Ashes (1/1) - both led as expected - both run down on their merits.

Chariots would've gone up at 5/4 and 2/1 and been curlin the mo!

Chariotsonfire likes this post.

edited June 2019
    Narrogin - best standing start trainer in Oz - leader, leaders back - never in doubt 1st, 2nd.
    The placement of his runners - there's an art to that.

Emily Suvaljko cool unflappable driver.

GP Hezaheadhoncho - gate one $1.75 8-| unplaced, as Freddy Mercury might have said...and another one bites the dust.

Gilgamesh, VillageKid likes this post.

edited June 2019
    The 10 horse was nearly going to win there and they seem to almost lock wheels approaching the post, dived again but too late.
    I Would upheld riders?
    Seen these happen time to time over east especially and about 70-80% of the time are upheld.
    edited June 2019
    There was one at Melton trots daylight meeting in the last 12 months - they barely touched - went for ages - and upheld.

Think Gavin Lang was involved in one way or the other.
    edited June 2019
    Pay tote. Went for along time, over east their upheld more often than dismissed in similar circumstances.

The one at Melton was a daylight last race of the day - it was the leanest of coming together - went forever and went the other way.
    So does Ryan Warwick get suspended there?

The precedence was set the other week with Kim Prentice. Protest was dismissed so to me that seemingly puts the blame on him.

savethegame likes this post.

Cant_Refuse dislikes this post.

edited June 2019
    No possible way Ryan Warwick would be suspended. But know what you're saying.

Odds on punter's breathe a sigh of relief, reckon that was 50/50. Thought he was going straight past it and dived again big time near the line.

No possible way Ryan Warwick would be suspended. But know what you're saying.

Odds on punter's breathe a sigh of relief, reckon that was 50/50. Thought he was going straight past it and dived again big time near the line.

It has to be one way or the other. If they dont lock wheels it wins, simple as that. So either Aiden DeCampo attributed something to the interference and as a result had to lose the race or it was all Ryan Warwick and he has to get done for careless driving.

TrackBias likes this post.

• Kane_26Kane_26    88 posts
    Head on showed the leader got up 3/4 of a cart! If that wasn't upheld these stewards will never uphold another protest!

Astonishing.

Gilgamesh, Cant_Refuse likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    Looking at the head on, both contributed....Molly shifted slightly up the track, Symbol shifted slightly down, they locked wheels briefly. Mute point on the outcome if they don't lock wheels ....Symbol seemed to be getting home the better but the Stewards ruled result stands because both contributed.

Chariotsonfire, VillageKid likes this post.

I dont think I S ran down until their wheels were locked and DeCampo tried to straighten pulling her down.

Anyhow as you say its done now.

How wide is Gloucester Park striaght? Curly can have some issues getting past them from behind the leader!
    edited June 2019
    My Prayer - $1.10 and odds on bettor's searching for the Rosary Beads again, off to the bar for a double shot.

On the other race - a sprint lane and the Ryan Warwick drive would've gone whoosh!
    I reckon was going home three to its one.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

Dark Sensation a maddy who never saw daylight last start. Worth a few shekels of the houses money
  • Kane_26Kane_26    88 posts
    Infinite symbol only looked like it was getting down due to Ryan trying to get away from Aiden's wheel. Definitely didn't hang down on her own accord.

Anyway it is what it is but you'd have to be stiff to ever lose a race in a protest in this state.
    R3 is a good example of an ineresting race as the result of barrier draws.

Imagine if there was some way they could handicap the good horses and make the drivers actually make tactical decisions instead of the best horse just walking to the front.

Ideal Liner probably a bit better than I have given him credit.
    edited June 2019
    As Trent Cooper said with Ideal Liner he's got the Grand Circuit look about him.
    Warfare was huge too. Sit outside Thereugo and you know you've been in a race.

But then again you'd expect Ideal Liner if advancing forward to defeat those guys, but he did it in style too.
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Excellent coverage from the Stewards Room on the protest on the RWWA twitter feed.
    Ryan's admission that his horse did get down a little would have been the deciding factor not to uphold.

JayJay, VillageKid, Gilgamesh likes this post.