G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 24 Non Members
I made one of my extremely infrequent bets on something outside of W.A. Of course it was a W.A horse. I rarely take short odds either but after looking at the opposition, evens looked to be a great price. Won like a $1.05 chance. 
 Nice horse who looks to be a stayer of immense promise.

Comments

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    more info pls rodent...
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    Originally with Justin Warwick. Debuted over 1675m at Bunbury where it led and walked in by over 6 lengths.
     Went to Pat Carey and just had its next start over 1600m at Echuca in a BM70. Led at a canter and won by 6 lengths again. Bred to be very stout. May even make it to the highest level over a trip.
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    It’s been in the black book since April. They bet $3.80 :D
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    Same here

:D image
    jpeg
    jpeg
    96FB8F68-A806-4ED5-BFAF-A0DB1BE06ECD.jpeg
    Shame about the sctatchings...cost us dearly. Nothing was beating it
    I don't bother black booking $1.60 shots that win by 6. Yesterday I just thought about the horse and lo and behold saw that it was in today.
     Fluke that I saw it. No fluke that I backed it. Not knowing the form over there I will just admire from afar from here in. 
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    This WA stayer could have potential. Now with trainer Pat Carey.

Won by six lengths in it's debut in the Eastern states (Victoria).

https://www.racing.com/news/2019-06-16/news--impi-impresses-landing-echuca-plunge

bigorangecat likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    I know very little about the sire, Crowded House.
    is it owned by mr. delroy?
    yes.
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    edited June 2019
    Crowded House is not getting a lot of mares, which in itself is not that surprising as he is located in Berrima, South of Sydney a couple of hundred km's from The Hunter. But at a quick glance, they seem to be mostly Trevor's. Impi is from his first crop and therein probably lies the problem. They take a long time to get there and most of Australia believes in the sales houses mantra of quick return. Of course quick returns will probably never win a Caulfield or Melbourne Cup ever again, but it is the overwhelming majority of breeding decisions made in this country.
  • ChelseaChelsea    1,369 posts
    Have a look at the trials at Belmont on Friday,Batoka Gorge is a full sister to Impi.
    It’s gonna take time,a whole lot of precious time.
    in contrast... Impi's trials were outstanding but over further. 
    TheDiva said:

in contrast... Impi's trials were outstanding but over further. 

...but Impi didn't trial until an autumn 4yo.
    edited June 2019
    Other notables by Crowded House...Alexandria won over 1600m on debut at Bendigo. Algiers won a mile race at Pakenham by 5.5L and Parliament (a last start winner over 2000m) has won 4 from 9.
     They obviously get a trip and look like they take time. One for the patient owner with deep pockets.

TheDiva, Gilgamesh likes this post.

love to get one and test my (and my mates) patience. but would have to leave him/her east.
    we here in WA have NO staying races, they throw a 2000/2200 m in now and again the 3200m WA Cup (whatever its called) is a joke...half a mile from 1st to last.
    what happened to the winter stayer races...the edgar meeres..I've forgotten the others which culminated in the 2400m winter cup.
    notice nsw and vic have 1 or 2 staying races on every Saturday programme.
    are we sucking up to race fast horses...if so, and I think it is, we should be ashamed of ourselves.

jum, Chelsea likes this post.

nommed for two races Saturday at Caulfield over 1600m and 1800m. 
    Impi only a 67 rater but nommed for a 90+ at Flemington this Saturday 2000m and a 74+ at Randwick over 1800m. Randwick more suitable for mine.

TheDiva likes this post.

that's cos you can duck across the road and have a gander, rodent.... ;)
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    Accepted Flemington only
    opened $3 in a more than handy field... 
    who rides, diva?
    thefalcon said:

that's cos you can duck across the road and have a gander, rodent.... ;)

If he ever runs at Canterbury, you'd be right  ;)
    D Oliver.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Will be scratched Saturday and spelled
    edited July 2019
    yep, already scratched... 
    What the hell is Impi doing in a 1200m race today? Seems odd given he debuted over 1675m and bolted in.
    He bolted in. This horse is pretty special. There'd be a few hoping he doesn't come back for the Perth Cup.

TheDiva likes this post.