G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

1 Members & 13 Non Members
R1: The War Nurse will use zero effort to lead. Similarly Ideal Liner should be able to move around outside her very comfortably. He is a pretty serious horse who should be dispatching of her. She may even crack provided her puts a bit of pressure on and doesn’t just sit off until the last 400m. Hy Leexciting and Cracka Star the back end of the first four.Tip: No12 Ideal Liner. Bet: Think the price is good but I will just be taking him 1 out the EQ.
 R2: Bettor Be Lively odds on with Kristian Hawkins and The Trilogy drawn a couple outside of him! Leave me out of that! I could be wrong but the way I see BBL going I didn’t think he could win this even left alone in front. I actually thought The Trilogy could cross, a bit of 66/1 around is overs. I’m leaving Mad Robber tonight after a couple of luckless runs but he can still win as I think it’s a run on race. Better Scoot is the one that interest me. Was plain, held up with something to give and then flashing to the line in good time his last 3, last shot at them I want to be on.
Tip: No11 Better Scoot. Bet. Better Scoot EW. Tri:11,12/3,5,7,10,11,12/1,3,5,7,10,11,12. 100% costs $50 for a small %. EQ:3,5,10,11,12.
R3: There’s some speed drawn outside here but I think they will realise that this isn’t there race and leave it to Vincenzo to take it up with Saying Grace outside of him. SG was massive last week but if Vincenzo pinches even a 200m breather and runs home in a mid 55 half how does he get past him? Simba Bromac needs to find his old form but sitting just behind these two for the master he will get his chance.
Tip: No2 Vincenzo Peruggia. Bet: Head says you have to back Vincenzo but I want to see Simba Bromac win so I will probably leave it alone. EQ:2,3,4.
R4:
I thought Golden State would hold the lead but Mark Reed version 6.0 isn’t as aggressive as he once was. I’m Loving the $3.75 @365 a place on I’m Soxy. Regardless of leaders back or 3 back, with the speed Chicago Bull will be running home in it will open up nicely for him to get off and he will be in the top 3.
Tip: No9 Chicago Bull. Bet: No10 I’m Soxy a place. EQ:9 100% costs $15 with a little % the 10.
R5: The cards have fallen Double Expresso’s way but as the season has progressed the other fillies have caught up, some of these are pretty handy. She does look the winner but I’m happy to take some in the quad to at least give her a fright.
Tip: No2 Double Expresso. No Bet. QD:2,6,7,11.
R6:
I thought Aristocratic Star would sit on Major Martini but looking at the market and listening to Prentice on the radio that doesn’t seem the case. To me that plays in to Caveman’s hands. He is a work in progress but is every chance of getting past them off the soft trip.
Tip: No10 Caveman. No Bet. QD:1,2,10.
R7
: You couldn’t talk anyone out of something they liked in this race. No idea who leads. Nowuseemesmile gets a tick for getting the run on the pegs she loves and another tick for the times the look like they will run the last sectional home in.
Tip: No1 Nowuseemesmile. Bet: I’ll back her if she gets to $8. QD:FD.
R8:
Anime isn’t that slow out that it automatically has to tack a sit. There should be some early pressure from the 2,3,4, over 2500m this should be a run on race. I have loved Whozwhointhezoo’s 2 runs this time in. He is a ridiculous price @$40. Driven cold the last lap will be exciting.
Tip: No11 Whoswhointhezoo. Bet: No11 Whoswhointhezoo EW. Tri:6,11/2,6,11/1,2,6,7,8,10,11,12. 100% costs $24. QD:6,11. 100% costs $240 for a very small %.
R9
: Plenty to learn about these predominantly Follow The Stars sired 2yr olds. I’m going away from them to the Courage Under Fire filly Shirmaya. Keeps improving and I give her a fair crack of finding the top which will help a lot in a field of developing horses.
Tip: No5 Shirmaya. Bet: No5 Shirmaya EW.
R10 and R11 are watch only for me.

After a couple of handy weeks my bets will be very small tonight looking to consolidate. 

Good luck all.

Comments

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited June 2019
    I like Vincenzo too, but he may need more racing.

Looks a reasonable night for the number that provides more fun than any other number in punting - the GP number 10. Could be a good 1,10 night.
    They've been some lately that have paid remarkably well.
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Think the horse that has demonstrated it can make it's own luck better than most of its rivals is great e/w value in the fillies final tonight ....Blockjorg

VillageKid likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    Athabascan to improve at Narrogin tonight....and All Aussie Mach ran a nice 2nd to Double Espresso at Byford trials on Sunday. Bad draw and maybe not tonight but worth a follow. Some great contests tonight with the PBD's making the racing a lot more interesting. Like Better Scoot from the draw, Saying Grace a banker for mine, and am going with Suing You to cause an upset. Good luck to all.

VillageKid likes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    Race 1- Ideal Liner
    Race 2- Natural Disaster
    Race 3- Chiaroscuro
    Race 4- Chicago Bull
    Race 5- InTheSkyRocket
    Race 6- Caveman
    Race 7- Infinite Symbol
    Race 8- Shockwave
    Race 9- Red Hot Lady
    Race 10- Gardys Legacy
    Race 11- Lord Liam

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    Can anyone tell me what was going through Ryan Warwick's mind when he didn't try to get onto Chicago Bull's back at the 600m when King Of Swing started to drop off?
    Maybe it will spark him in to action and he will come out and drive a pearler on Intheskyrocket
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Brain dead drive on Bud Sidewinder narrogin. Backed solidly and given absolutely no hope. Flys home
    Shocking night for me, should have sat it out and just had the spec on the Zoo who doesnt like the 2500m sadly.
    edited June 2019
    There was two things you could've set your clock to tonight - there'd be a different winner of the Free For All and Golden State didn't let that system down. Outside of the Bull chiming in a few times - raffle the rest.

The other certainty was - get on one of the longest priced Justin Prentice trained stablemates. Never fails! Bookmakers eyes must light up with Aristocratic Star...twice odds on...twice led comfortably and twice run down on its merits...to the longer priced stablemate.

A heady drive by Mark Read in front with Golden State. Think I'm Soxy might have zoomed past though with a clear run.

Missed the first few races but run of the night after then for me - Shockwave, very impressive.
    edited June 2019
    With a Free For All race containing bolters like Mister Ardee, Zenart, Tommy Be Good and I'm Full Of Excuses would not credit that Chicago Bull and King Of Swing could both miss a place. The SP prices for a place on the Tab were $1.07 and $1.22.

Nothing is proving as tricky as a GP Free For All.
  • 2lifetimewinners2lifetimewinners    508 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

Can anyone tell me what was going through Ryan Warwick's mind when he didn't try to get onto Chicago Bull's back at the 600m when King Of Swing started to drop off?

Cause the horse wouldn't come back under him and there was NO opportunity to push off at any stage at the 600.
  • PackedMetalPandaPackedMetalPanda    166 posts
    I’m Soxy is absolutely flying and the poor thing can’t get an inch of luck.

JayJay, VillageKid likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    I only  had the one bet at Narrogin - and it was a  modest bet - Tiple Brie -E/W

I think you have to be flexible in your thinking -  however never been a fan of sprint lanes - i dont want one at GP - and i would like it removed from Bunb and Pinj - theve just become peg dominated tracks

However there is a sprint lane at Central Wheatbelt - and i dont mind it their to be honest - its a tiny little straight - and it seems to work well - and unlike Bunb and Pinj - if a bloke has got the lead at Kell - 9 times out of 10 if a blokes got the lead he will want to keep it and he does - so it is still good competetive racing

Looking at Narrogin last night - in the home straight - and im not just talking about horses behind the leader - but in the home straight theres a group of horses accross the track - packed in like a can of sardines its that tight

Thus i wouldnt mind a sprint lane being trialled at Narrogin - because like Kell - i reckon 90% of the time if someone led at Narroggin ( with a sprint lane ) they would still want to keep- it  so i dont think it would destroy the competive nature of the racing

Gilgamesh said:

Cause the horse wouldn't come back under him and there was NO opportunity to push off at any stage at the 600.

Sorry mate, 500m. All he needed to do was be back 1/2 a length. Shouldn't have needed to restrain should have set him self up to get on Bull's back. What would 99% of people that have a slight interest in WA harness racing think? Should I get ready to have a crack at getting on The Bull's back or drive up under him and hope for the winner of 43 of his 65 starts to drop off (because that was likely to happen).

I will make sure that I never question a drive on here again, if there wasn't a chance to get on Chicago Bulls back if you just had a slight bit of anticipation of what might happen in that final lap then I am clearly seeing things wrong.
  • sonnysonny    1,054 posts
    Watched the replay many times and agree with Gilga.. He was happy just to sit there...
  • AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts

I like Vincenzo too, but he may need more racing.

Looks a reasonable night for the number that provides more fun than any other number in punting - the GP number 10. Could be a good 1,10 night.
    They've been some lately that have paid remarkably well.

number 10 , didn't run a place all 10 races

• JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    The much maligned gate 1 however had a reasonable night. Punting blind with $10 each way on every horse drawn barrier 1 across the 10 mobiles at GP and the 8 run at Narrogin would have cost $360 for a handsome return of $947 and kept you busy in the collect queue.
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    There were some none too subtle recommendations on driving tactics on the Pacing Preview on Friday morning.
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    edited June 2019

There were some none too subtle recommendations on driving tactics on the Pacing Preview on Friday morning.

Funnily enough all suggested ploys seemed to advantage a particular stable tactically  :))  I particularly liked the one that suggested there was no other option for Golden State from gate 1 than to hand up the lead ...bwahahahaaa

edited June 2019
    Yes a shocker of an evening for the ten gate.

Right on the knocker - just in case - for small % spent $5 on Golden State/I'm Soxy 1,10 field field first four...paid massive as it was but move Soxy up to first or second and push Chicago Bull back to fifth....tell you what would've voted for a sprint lane right then and there.