G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 8 Non Members

Pikey's Big Week - Did It Pay ?

West Australian Racing
Was curious to see on a very short term basis how a punter would have fared by backing Pikey to the tune of $100 each way on the tote - every mount during his purple patch week of 12 winners over three meetings at Belmont Park from 22 rides.

Here's the lowdown.

22 rides $100 eachway = $4300. Battle Storm was pay win only - so just a $100 win bet there.

12 winners. 1 placing.
Unplaced 9 times.

Total losing bets on $100 ew = $1860
Total wins = $2822.

Profit = $962 for the week.

Despite riding five winners yesterday - it was a losing day on the $100 ew basis - losses $600 and wins $388 for a minus of $212.

Comments

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    you simply wouldn't back most if any of his mounts each way i'm sorry 

not just because of their odds but the fact he either 'just wins' or doesn't there's no in between 
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited July 2019
    Gosh thanks...I didn't know that..no need to be sorry, I just did it on a $100 ew basis...its just a stat...or one way of doing it...you can do win/place over anytime or whatever.

Was just curious to see $100 ew and that's what I did.

RIO likes this post.

• NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts
    hash said:

you simply wouldn't back most if any of his mounts each way i'm sorry 

not just because of their odds but the fact he either 'just wins' or doesn't there's no in between 
    Might want to check your facts on that Hash

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    which part, i'm referring to in general backing them eachway and from yesterday you'd be mad to back a $1.20 pop eachway... just double your win bet?
  • NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts
    “ but the fact he either 'just wins' or doesn't there's no in between“
  • UttsyUttsy    129 posts
    Ive sorta got some stats on this.
    Over the last two odd years on my own numbers Ive selected Pike 197 times at a strike rate of 46.19% winners and 74.11% placings. On even bets its resulting in a PoT of 3.74% on wins, 1.74% placings at closing prices. More than double the return on wins than places.
    So ideally from a punting perspective, for me, he just wins or it doesnt matter.