G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 46 Non Members

Handicapping joke

West Australian Racing
Another example of pathetic handicapping. Designer Prince, a 24 start maiden who has run 3 x 3rds and 21 unplaced for $7k prizemoney gets 58kg in a C1! That's embarrassing. 
 It gives weight to horses who have won races and won more money per start. Break The Chain 22-1-2-2 $35,135 gets 4kg from Designer Prince =))

It gets weight from 2 horses. It gets 0.5kg from Black Chips 10-1-0-0 for $20k and 2kg from Here Comes Lenni 17-1-6-4 $45,660

Comments

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Knock Knock

Who's there?

Andy.

Andy who?

Andy Cap

paraletic likes this post.

• RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    I just worked out what happened. Designer Prince copped 9 points last start for running 3rd of 11 in a maiden at Pinjarra beaten 3.5L grabbing $1485. He is now a 58 rater. The 4th horse's rating dropped 2 points.
     To show how f'd up this is, Designer Prince's 58 is the same as Ice Maker was yesterday before winning. Ice Maker had just run 2nd in a C3 in town and was the winner of 3 races with 7 2nds and 2 3rds and was a 58 rater. HTF could it be on the same rating as Designer Prince?
  • GaryHGaryH    1,012 posts
    Rodent said:

I just worked out what happened. Designer Prince copped 9 points last start for running 3rd of 11 in a maiden at Pinjarra beaten 3.5L grabbing $1485. He is now a 58 rater. The 4th horse's rating dropped 2 points.

Looks like RBH....still.

LUC'S STAR in the first went from 44 up to 58 for third.  So its consistent.

The first and second place horses look wrong on first impression.  Winner copped two points, up to 58.  Second horse got two points up to 60.......  But if you look at it from the point of the "Unraced rating" of a provincial A race, then the second horse moved back to its gelding starting rating of 60, and the winner went two points above the starting rating of a filly to 58.

Simples......  :|
    They are adhering to a crap formula.

Manchild, Chelsea likes this post.

• sonnysonny    1,054 posts
    Ignorance and arrogance are the two worst combinations in racing admin.. imo..
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    No doubt this gross anomaly will feature heavily on TAB radio now that it has been exposed.

savethegame likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ^^ you have a great sense of fun, jayjay.
    the morning mob check with RWWA before giving the weather...giving the time just sneaks in as "OK".

savethegame, Manchild, jum likes this post.

So Designer Prince goes up 9 points for running 3rd in a maiden.....next start he runs 3rd in a C1 and drops a point  =))
    edited August 2019
    Well, they're at it again. You get 3 points for winning in town on a Wednesday yet Designer Prince copped 3 points for running 2nd in a 6 horse maiden yesterday. He is now a 60 rater! 26 starts 0-1-4 $13,495 and he is a 60 rater. That puts him above the limit in a C5.
     Demons 'N' Dust won and copped 6 points to go to 52! It could win a C1 and a C3 in town at its next 2 starts and still only be a 58 rater.
     They have got no idea.
     For the record, in that quality 6 horse maiden, Designer Prince was beaten by a 50 rater and the 3rd horse was a 51 rater. Designer Prince met them at equal weights so his performance was not stellar.
     The winner copped 12 points and 3rd got 7 points!
     Data Lake was the highest rated horse in the race at 56 so how can the winner go to 62? Simply because it was a SW maiden and that's what they do. It's a joke!
    Just a thought, make all distance maidens handicaps. Clearly most of them have limited ability and low ratings.
    I cannot understand why connections and trainers are not yelling blue murder.. :-??

Manchild likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Because Falc soon as you ask the man in charge he will give you the explanation. Like it or not you just have to accept it because no matter how hard you plead your case its not going to change . Believe me I have asked
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    thefalcon said:

I cannot understand why connections and trainers are not yelling blue murder.. :-??

I think because they are busy booking accommodation and flights to Melbourne
  • GLAMOURGLAMOUR    677 posts
    Seems to be the in thing now,all you seem to read or hear are trainers taking teams East,,Linsay Smith,Simon Miller,Dan and Ben Peirce, D McCauliffe,and of course Bob Peters sending horses to Sydney,is this going to be the trend now,money is good here,but the good ones are getting handicapped out of it here,people go to races to see good racing and good horse's,but if they sre fleeing over East who's going to go to the races,?example tomorrows feilds are pretty ordinary,whats everyones opinion?
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Average races, but that creates opportunity. There will be 9 winners 2moro. Hopefully its a day some of the connections will never forget.
    opportunity to do your dough, para...tread with caution...like go to the movies... :-B