G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 25 Non Members

Who Am I? - Fly Under The Radar Series #23

Harness & Greyhounds
Foaled in NZ in 1991, I was the epitome of the tough standardbred and raced for years. My popularity pendulum swung from hero to villain with strings of picket fence wins interspersed with sustained periods of ordinary performances. My racing life started most inauspiciously qualifying as a late 3 year in NZ with an unspectacular 2.12.0 mile rate. A very moderate first up win as a late 3yo was followed by 6 unplaced runs before heading to WA with a record of 7 starts for 1 win and only $2665 in total stakes.
Entering a highly successful stable, I raced at midweeks with a 2nd to Upstanding Poplar before being slow away in winning a 2600m Pinjarra stand in slow time. 3 more country wins mixed with some non winning efforts had me labelled as an honest plodder but my next 12 starts resulted in a stunning 10 wins, 8 of them in a row....some picket fence.... with the last 3 being metro class Friday wins at headquarters. My profile had suddenly changed and I was now regarded as a horse of the future, albeit a late maturer.
However, my form then became very mixed as a 6 year old....8 unplaced runs  before a Metro win, 6 unplaced runs then another Metro win and then another 6 failures before a win in a strong Narrogin Cup. 7 runs later  and there was back to back wins in the Botra Cup and the Healthway Stakes , returning 6 runs later with a win in the Media Cup. By this stage, my reputation was a love hate deal with the punters. Taken to Kalgoorlie for the round, I ran a stout 1.58.8 in winning the Golden Mile and my last win in WA was a stand from 40m behind at Northam. All up in WA, I won 24 races and collected $150k in stakes at a time of a downturn in stakes.
Exported to the USA, I ended up with 49 career wins and 80 places for over $325k in stakes and a LTR of 1.52.8 after racing on for a long time.
+1 -1

VillageKid likes this post.

Comments

• 2lifetimewinners2lifetimewinners    508 posts
    Butler Brydon????

VillageKid likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    No question marks required. Obviously too much info, will have to tighten up. He was a horse I didn't like, speaking purely from a wallet point of view. Tricky probably loved him.