Race 5- Chiaroscuro
Race 6- Courage Tells
Race 7- PresidentMach
Race 8- Eloquent Mach
Race 9- Infinite Symbol
Race 10- Dreamy Nights

Comments

• 2lifetimewinners2lifetimewinners    508 posts
    With the next plane to America due to leave in a few weeks I wonder what the next lot of horses are going to head to North America.
  • JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    Fixed odds on TABtouch reveal some very interesting favourites in my view....starting in race1 , anyone keen on odds on Sweet Maddison. Really like the horse but odds on is unders. And Maddison is no Robinson Crusoe....just a matter of finding who will roll them.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

Gee, either Wild West is a big horse...huge...or Beaudiene Western is a pony...stark contrast. I put the mock on Maddison, didn't even start. Followed VK into Browny's horse but the price suffered accordingly after the scratching.

VillageKid likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    PLEASEEEEEEEEE tell me what Michael Grantham was thinking on Bob Wheel.

First time to Gloucester Park Mick? Where was the better spot to be in running there?
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited August 2019
    Bouquet - Aiden de Campo - perfect rating in the breeze on Hands And Wheels.

Brickbat - I mean seriously...for a very good driver who knows the advantage of pegs - Mick Gantham behind Bob Wheel - can be three back the pegs from the 10 draw and the biggest certainty to run a place since I'm Soxy the race before but mystifyingly doesn't want that position.

Bouquet - G. Hall Jnr for realising in 0.2 of a second what a silly decision Grantham had made and diving to the pegs - and running third - exactly where Bob Wheel would've ran.

It's not studying atomic physics - just common sense.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts

Bouquet - Aiden de Campo - perfect rating in the breeze on Hands And Wheels.

Brickbat - I mean seriously...for a very good driver who knows the advantage of pegs - Mick Gantham behind Bob Wheel - can be three back the pegs from the 10 draw and the biggest certainty to run a place since I'm Soxy the race before but mystifyingly doesn't want that position.

Bouquet - G. Hall Jnr for realising in 0.2 of a second what a silly decision Grantham had made and diving to the pegs - and running third - exactly where Bob Wheel would've ran.

It's not studying atomic physics - just common sense.

I tell you Riders the decisions some of these "professionals" make make it really hard to be bothered putting in any effort to do some form and punt on them. No wonder joe blogs in the pub is happier to just have his 10 EW repeatedly on the 8 dog in the next.

jum likes this post.

edited August 2019
    Gilga he couldn't have had much opinion of the horse in the one Illusination ( never going to miss second ). A dream draw - three back pegs - slipstream race - the winner Chiascurro biggest certainty since Sitting Bull won at the Little Bighorn.

Just a mistake but he's a far better driver than that. The amount of ground saved by slipstreaming - it's enormous too.

Once again another driver (G.Hall ) thanks I'll take that run. A place never in doubt.
    Highs and lows lads, highs and lows. Deft piece of steering to get Soxy out, must have been only a cigarette paper in it on the corner, Curly can just keep curling the Mo on Courage Tells, beautiful drive. Battling to keep my snout above the surface but had a huge knock on Maddison at odds on and no way I was going near Ashes at evens,5/4 in spite of the draw and wont be going near One Off delight.
    edited August 2019
    She Could Be Good returned just a $1.80 a place on tote :-O somebody must have had a decent place bet there.

JayJay likes this post.

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Suvljko in the stand 2 scratchings only 9 in it, horse at its best could get up at long odds. We all know his driving ability especially in stands and on roughies. One to watch.
    Great job Bernie James/A.DeCampo, bullseyed another "favorite"...Macz not racing well enough to come 4 wide.

Offthebit likes this post.

edited August 2019
    Over time have seen Sarah Goody run really well or ordinary - tonight the latter. Never went a foot. Maczafair grinded home reasonably, and that's being pretty kind.

The horse Ryan Warwick drove made more runs than Alan Border. Try to attack and get around a Svilicich runner - good luck. Should've won.

Aiden De Campo - outstanding reinsman, daresay might be better than dad.
    Big well done to Village Kid above - 6 winners from 10 races - including $13.60 tote winner Courage Tells. From one selection a race 6/10 winners with one at big odds is no mean feat.

VillageKid, JayJay likes this post.

edited August 2019
    Seen a few fly the mobile over the years but gee's Therugo he's one of the fastest accelerators once the arms fold back, De Campo and the rest all had him well and truly covered though.

Good judge Trent Cooper even said words to the effect of that it might not be quite so easier a lead in the better class but the horse from gate 7 waltzed his way to the front effortlessly. Just gets found wanting from time to time maybe in the right race can pinch another win with that scorching gate speed.

Yes, good tipping from VK, I suspected a few "falsies" in the favorites department, got that semi right but overall couldn't find who was going to get the choccies. Courage Tells keeps me out of the soup kitchen, his run in the Higgins was really good.
    Couple of trains of thought on Maczaffair......and what a super mare she has been....for a long time. 3rd in a Pacing Cup, won the Oaks and the Breeders Stakes, 2nd in the Nugget etc etc $500k in the bank and at her peak, a pleasure to watch and right from the top shelf. And she did get home okay last night reportedly overcoming a virus but that was no pacing cup field, there were only 7 of them and not going well enough to cover them 4 wide from the back. Only came home in 29.3 and a big like on Parisian Partygirl but how would she go in a Pacing Cup?
    Been a while since she has won and the PBD rightly means she drew wide and yet was installed favourite again.