G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 37 Non Members
I have heard that there are several (actually a dozen or so potentially) very well-known jockeys in Victoria who may have been involved in prohibited activities including team riding, betting etc an investigation has been going on for a while and may be nearing the pointy end. 
It may have been an off-shoot of the Darren Weir stuff I'm told, potentially picked up due to the surveillance during that time.
Don't shoot the messenger, just putting forward what I've been told from a reliable source. 
+1 -1

RIO likes this post.

Comments

• spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Heard the chinese whispers myself Flanders
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    a dozen or so..if found guilty they'd have to have staggered suspensions!!

Rex likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Was on rumour has it on 6pr early last week
    6PR? would not dare to be on tabradio….might offend someone... :-w
  • RexRex    397 posts
    Have they named any jockeys yet?
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    If they have Rex don't think anyone here would be braver enough or stupid enough to put there names out there for fear of defamation
  • FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    I was told only 3 names but I won't say who they were. What I will say is that one of them has form...
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    There was a text message doing the rounds just after mid-july, with three names mentioned but sure two of them names wouldn't share a smartie with anyone, could be wrong . pack riding was the term. used ..thought it had fizzled out.
    team riding would be very difficult with the number of cameras and drones in use. and don't forget jockeys are not the sharpest knives in the drawer.
  • ChelseaChelsea    1,369 posts
    Looks like Danny might be given his License back to over the shortfall ????????????????

RIO likes this post.

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    Melbourne has been on the nose for a while now it seems. Maybe back Jamie Kah-she ain't 'one of the boys' :-$
    my eyes and ears of Melbourne racing has heard absolutely nothing about these allegations.
    thefalcon said:

my eyes and ears of Melbourne racing has heard absolutely nothing about these allegations.

They've got to, @thefalcon 8-X
    he's fair dinkum, Kramer and has told me he has not heard as much as a whisper... :-??
    Like this post if you are safe @thefalcon  @-) :-SS

hash, RIO, jum likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    :))
    lets just not speculate and wait and see what does or doesn't unfold.... :-B
  • FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    thefalcon said:

lets just not speculate and wait and see what does or doesn't unfold.... :-B

I-) .... nah thats too boring. Not much point having forums like these without something juicy happening. Or at least the prospect of something juicy. It's not like anyone has been named or anything like that

RIO likes this post.

our mate savethegame mentioned a jock who "would not share a smartie"....I think we know who that is. he'd fair dinkum murder his parents so he could go to the orphans picnic.... @-)
    looks like its bitten the dust..... :O)