G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 37 Non Members
Couple of plays for me today

Best - Race 4 Celtic Diva. How this isn't favorite I have no idea. Walked in last start and the extra distance only means a further margin. Pikes mount won well last start and is a danger, as is the top weight, but Celtic Diva will go on with the job today. 10 units at $4

Each way - Race 2 My Hidden Journey. Gelded, say no more. Was snipped after last prep and has had two trial hit outs, one behind the very impressive Drinkwhatyoulike and an effortless trial win where Carbery couldn't hold him slow enough. Currently $9. 5 units each way

Good luck

Comments

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    Thought Beret could say au revoir to its rivals today..Gets the in-form Jade McNaught, along with her 2kg claim, to ride and is crying out for the distance. Was backed from $4.20-$2.8 last start and the wide barrier(6) today the only concern imo.

I see it's now $1.85...I'm on at $2.70 less deductions :D
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    Will get the loss out early...and Beret does look the one, but going for a place Indian Chant - pay 1,2 only, bad news Pikey jumps off, good news Harvey jumps on. He ran on reasonably ok last start, small field might suit...not much room to manoeuvre in pay 1,2 but might do it.
    Just watched replay Celtic Diva under a throttle hold near the corner at Pinjarra, did win easily. Alan Mathews trained, will be interesting to see if runs fave or Pike's mount Bloom Away holds sway.
  • JellJell    1,201 posts
    edited September 2019
    Sharpbob is a big chance today in the last.

His 1st up run was good, only going down a nose and last start he missed the kick and was trapped wide.

Blinkers go on today and I'm a sucker for blinkers first time in a prep. :-c
  • ToepuntitToepuntit    241 posts
    Tap the go go R5. Just wins I think
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    It might be stating the obvious but Beret races like she is going to be an Oaks filly next year.
    edited September 2019

Thought Beret could say au revoir to its rivals today..Gets the in-form Jade McNaught, along with her 2kg claim, to ride and is crying out for the distance. Was backed from $4.20-$2.8 last start and the wide barrier(6) today the only concern imo.

I see it's now $1.85...I'm on at $2.70 less deductions :D
    Well got the overs and can't eat the value. Claim was wasted back there but not sure whether the horse that broke down cost Beret ground. See it's already racing in blinkers so needs pace on or a good draw  :-q b-(
    Well done Paul Harvey rated Indian Chant as well as he could, just worried out of it...now know why Pike jumped off the Indian he was hungry to ride Vena Schnitzel.

The fave Beret wow, the two leaders dominated the race and the two master hoops came to the fore.
    Just think it's probably more of a miler @Ridersonthestorm33. The first two were 10-start maidens before today so you'd think the filly should've been able to take care of them anyway. She was winding up late though

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

edited September 2019
    Yep and only caught the tail end of it, but think the horse that broke down didn't help, but replay needed, she was winding up in a leader dominated race, at the furlong thought Vena was home and Beret was going to cut Indian Chant out of second but he did find too.

The rest of them - pass.
    edited September 2019
    Vena Schnitzel ten runs for just the two minor placings - number of times Pikey had ridden her before today - zero. She's a winner today, did the job well too.
    edited September 2019
    @Ridersonthestorm33 I'll wait to see how the times stack up but 1.26:21, first 800m 51.37, last 600m 34.84, Beret(34.24). Seems kinda slow & makes it impossible to win for a backmarker when they crawl like that.

edited September 2019
    Just watched the replay-definitely cost itself 2 lengths when Sweet Girl broke down-was off the fence following that horse who was on the outside of Soul Express...ends up 4 lengths off that horse when McNaught switches to the rails to avoid SG. The luck of horse racing eh?  :-&

jum likes this post.

edited September 2019
    For sure, she's stone last, Harvey and Pike dictating up front on the two main dangers - a horse breaks down in front of her, and as bomber said staying might be her game, and out of the three placegetters she's probably the one still with most scope.
    Next race Pike and Harvey again - thought Pikey was going straight past him but Harvey held him out this time.
    I thought 1400m-1600m being by Helmet would be her ideal distance range and with the cutaway in play the fence was probably the better option as it turned out...certainly didn't think she'd be that far back in such a small field. 
    The last thing she needed was the horse to break down in front of her, the luck of the game. If that was two lengths that was costly.
    edited September 2019

The last thing she needed was the horse to break down in front of her, the luck of the game. If that was two lengths that was costly.

She was 2 lengths off them and it looked like that blew out to 4 after the horse in front broke down. 6 lengths off the leaders at the 600m and ran them to 3/4 len..although they're a moderate lot on paper
    edited September 2019
    Now Jade McNaught gets up on a 20/1 pop.

Last Wednesday her and Pikey won 5 out of 7, at Kal on Sunday 5/9 and today so far 2/3...that's 12/19.
    63% of winners between two jockeys over 19 races. Not all favourite's either.

~X(

edited September 2019
    Think McNaught last four meetings three at Belmont plus Kalgoorlie has gone double, double, double, double, and now a winner at 20/1.

Apprentices Cup victory + Coolgardie Cup and at least three winners over 12/1 in that lot.
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts

~X(

Isn't the art of radio broadcasting to present a picture of the action in front of them.
    Geez I was in the payout line and then had to do an "about face". :-q
    edited September 2019
    Didn't go back any further, or the other country meetings but yep she's ridden four consecutive doubles at the main meetings - three at Belmont and one at Kal, plus her one winner so far today.
    Celtic Diva disappointing there. Carbery was extremely patient on the favorite and got the run through the middle, but the outside lanes look the best today. 

My Hidden Journey worth following of that run today in race 2. Ran the second quickest sectional, another patient ride by Carbery but the horse looked s green as grass in the straight.
    Nordic King, Lorentinio and Murray the Bulldog are all much shorter than i would have thought at the moment in the next race. Horrible form all of them.

Yeah Bravo normally take a few runs to get going while Sliced bread doesnt read well first up at 1400m. 

It really just leaves Kellys Secret and Tap the Go Go, the Kellys Secret form seems a fair bit stronger looking at last start but similar grades back from that. Kellys Secret dropping back to 1400m seems a little knock while Tap the Go Go is stepping up to 1400m.

You couldn't have the bottom 2.

Interestingly you wouldnt find too many races that have one trained separately by Dion and Lou Luciani.....

An interestingly terrible race. Money suggests Lorentinio. Head suggest Pike on Kellys Secret. The fav now getting out to $3 might be the way to play.
    And the money lands
  • Bomber auditioning for the $50 a week tipping gig ;))
  • FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    H-BOMBER said:

Celtic Diva disappointing there. Carbery was extremely patient on the favorite and got the run through the middle, but the outside lanes look the best today. 

My Hidden Journey worth following of that run today in race 2. Ran the second quickest sectional, another patient ride by Carbery but the horse looked s green as grass in the straight.

Jeez if you were listening into DMacaulley on radio you'd be thinking Celtic Diva was miles off them at the turn. At the point of straightening he said it was "still a long, long way off the leaders". Honestly if it was any more three lengths off them I'd be real surprised.

H-BOMBER likes this post.

West 54th not the worst in the last, good first up form and jockey certainly on form. $8.50
    :-q